Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

51CovWoAFsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Got it today.

I like how they put more effort into the BluRay set than the DVD set. The DVD set is just the 6 individual cases in a box. The BD set all the discs are in the one casing inside the box.

I was thinking to wait if we'd get that sweet "Phase One" set with teh breifcase box and Cosmic Cube but then figured it'll be ages till that comes out (if it does come out here) and will prolly cost a bomb...plus I wanted to watch it all NOW :D

There's some talk about the British version of the film having been nerfed compared to the American. Is anyone up to speed on that?

People are giving it 1 star out of 5 on Amazon, i guess it's true. Compared to what was shown in the cinema to what was released, it's shocking that Disney can do something like this.

Avengers reviews

Anyway, recent purchases i made

914EuRToKjL._AA1500_.jpg

91pIQXmxRwL._AA1500_.jpg

51yMeqeXcAL.jpg

There's some talk about the British version of the film having been nerfed compared to the American. Is anyone up to speed on that?

People are giving it 1 star out of 5 on Amazon, i guess it's true. Compared to what was shown in the cinema to what was released, it's shocking that Disney can do something like this.

Avengers reviews

WTF...really?

I was gonna watch all teh films in order starting tonight, might skip to Avengers then and see whats up...that is messed up, why remove stuff that was already shown in the cinema

EDIT:

From reading a few of the amazon reviews I don't see any mention of bits of the film itself being cut...only the extra aftercredits scene that was US only in the cinemas (kinda expected that anyway) and a lack of some special features like Directors Comentary, which doesn't bother me as I don't watch/listen to comentaries anyway

Edited by Mokong

I was gonna watch all teh films in order starting tonight, might skip to Avengers then and see whats up...that is messed up, why remove stuff that was already shown in the cinema

Some of the extra features - like commentary and a 90-minute behind the scenes have been removed (the commentary because it "wasn't ready", the behind-the-scenes because Sainsbury's paid Disney), and one scene has "accidentally" been replaced with a censored version from another country.

Disney told fans to buy the US version.

EDIT2:

Ok after a google I found this on the Gaurdians website

The UK release also features a different shot of a key death scene, reportedly the result of an error in production.

"Thanks to those of you who have let us know about an issue on the Marvel Avengers Assemble UK Blu-Ray and DVD release, which has a less graphic depiction of [name removed in case of spoiler :heh:] confrontation with Loki," said Disney in a statement. "Each country has its own compliance issues relative to depictions of violence. Unfortunately, another region's elements were inadvertently used to create the UK in-home release which minimally altered this scene in the film. We thank our fans for their vigilance in recognising this and apologise for the mix up."

Well that's balls...will have to check mine later when I get the chance.

Some of the extra features - like commentary and a 90-minute behind the scenes have been removed (the commentary because it "wasn't ready", the behind-the-scenes because Sainsbury's paid Disney), and one scene has "accidentally" been replaced with a censored version from another country.

Disney told fans to buy the US version.

So long as teh Deleted scenes are there I'm fine, those are the only special features I ever watch anyway.

...oh and teh Item 47 short, that better be there :p

The incorrect version of that one scene though might bother me (will have to check it)...wish I had known about this beforehand :heh:

Can't believe their response is "you can get the US disc, it region free" :heh:

Why didn't they just delay it in the UK and say we got a production issue, it was either delay or release with less features, people would have (maybe) understood that and been fine.

Whats the chances the Irish disc was done normally and different from the UK one :heh:

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Just checked the Avengers disc in my boxset, yeah no different from teh UK disc it seems.

No Directors comentary or 90 min featurette...no big deal for me, the Item 47 short, gag reel and deleted scenes are all there.

Checked "that scene" and it is slighty edited, mainly when the stab happens you don't it come out the other side that seems to be it.

Slightly annoying but I can live with it. Certainly not enough to make me want to go import the US disc.

Just watched the Item 47 short too, was good, Agent Sitwell was in it, wonder if we'll see him take on a bigger role in "Phase Two"

Edited by Mokong
Automerged Doublepost

Supermarket had a bunch of plants for sale so on a whim I've brought home tomato, onion, pepper, strawberry and watermelon shoots. Only when I got home and read the 'instructions' did I realise how much hassle it's all going to be. No sign of the fertile soil we had in a bag so I've got to ask the neighbours to see if they have any... The instructions are all "space individual plants 30cm away from each other" and I don't have a vegetable patch or anything. I've pretty much resigned myself to having successfully killed another plant (so far deadified two basil plants and a shrub this year).

Supermarket had a bunch of plants for sale so on a whim I've brought home tomato' date=' onion, pepper, strawberry and watermelon shoots. Only when I got home and read the 'instructions' did I realise how much hassle it's all going to be. No sign of the fertile soil we had in a bag so I've got to ask the neighbours to see if they have any... The instructions are all "space individual plants 30cm away from each other" and I don't have a vegetable patch or anything. I've pretty much resigned myself to having successfully killed another plant (so far deadified two basil plants and a shrub this year).[/quote']

Every failed plant is more fertile compost for the next one.

Edited by MoogleViper

New i-Stubble Trimmer - To replace my old one that no longer holds it's charge.

41hbBcK%2B53L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Free thanks to Amazon Trade-Ins)

Katy Perry Teenage Dreams

41U5-kMoJTL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(99p @Amazon thanks to their MP3 Cloud Player Launch)

+

Part of Me (Single) - To bring it up to speed!

31cr1Ds1SVL._AA115_.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Does it have a space for Skyfall?

That's a amazingly well thought out....

It does, and they've done an amazing job on the picture and sound. Similar in a way that Lucas did with Star Wars, except MGM havn't added stupid effects and new sounds. Even though Dr No is 50 years old, it looks 20 years younger. If only movie companies did this with all movies being upped to Bluray.

If only movie companies did this with all movies being upped to Bluray.

A lot of it depends on the kind of effects used and what the original film quality is like.

Saving Private Ryan is one of the best film transfers, largely because of how it's effects were done (i.e. a much of it as possible was done on set).

From reading a few of the amazon reviews I don't see any mention of bits of the film itself being cut...only the extra aftercredits scene that was US only in the cinemas (kinda expected that anyway) and a lack of some special features like Directors Comentary, which doesn't bother me as I don't watch/listen to comentaries anyway

Posted this in the Avengers thread but thought I'd knock it over here too....just finished watching the Avengers and skipped through the credits just in case, the Shawarma scene is there. Those reviewers on Amazon prolly just jumped to conclusions after being pissed off by the lack of the directors comentary