N-Europe

Fizzy drinks

Happenstance

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the whole. No.

Coca Cola from a GLASS bottle is the epitome of refreshment.

I'd go as far to say that I'd agree with that. Straw as well to make it a bit better. Sometimes drinking straight from the glass is good though. Either way, yes.

Why do we Danes get jack shit when it comes to soda flavours? :( Seriously, whenever I travel abroad and talk to non-Danes like you guys, I always see dozens of new flavous for my favourite brands like Fanta and Schweppes.

Same here. Though I thought we only had two fanta flavours (orange and lemon), but after some research just now it turns out there's a few more and I've just never tried them/seen them haha.

As for soda, I think Coca Cola is still my favourite. From time to time. Especially on a very hot day. Mmmm.

Ice Lemon Fanta is the best variety, in my experience. Ideally fresh from the fridge.

Sadly the above has become more and more scarce and I fear it will eventually do a Peanut Kit-Kat Chunky and disappear altogether.

or be replaced by a crappy caramel flavour, thats nearly the same, but not quite =(

Fanta Fruit Twist and the purple berry one are both truly awful abortion fluids. The real treats are orange or lemon Fanta. Flat orange Fanta is truly a gift unfit for this terrible world. Some sacred McDonalds I've visited have flat orange Fanta on offer from the drinks dispenser. It is on those days I pee the most. The bootleg romanian pizza takeaway I frequent also gets in this bizarre orange Fanta with a taste unlike no other.

I hear the Americas now have a crazy grape variety I'm keen to sample, I'll have to grab myself some next time I get the chance.

Personally I think authentic American Mountain Dew or a cold Irn Bru destroy any flavour Fanta has to offer. The cheapskate in me also likes Tizer.

FANTA FROZEN IS EPIC.

but only the double one with the two Massive sides your meant to share but forget that I have no friends so ALL for me. om nom nom.

It is just pure sugary goodness in a cup and pumps you up for the film. FILM FILM FILM. (house) :grin:

oh and near the end your heart almost stops.

I had a bottle of Lilt today. I genuinely did. For the first time in years.

It was mediocre.

Kent.

You have to put ice in it. It actually tastes decent flat too, and maintains fizz for a fair while. I usually don't agree with people when they say stuff tastes nice flat but it's actually true.

Also, I need to find out which retailers supply different flavours of Lilt.

Kent.

You have to put ice in it. It actually tastes decent flat too, and maintains fizz for a fair while. I usually don't agree with people when they say stuff tastes nice flat but it's actually true.

Also, I need to find out which retailers supply different flavours of Lilt.

I'm sure it's been a long long time since they discontinued every flavour except the one..

Cause of this Lilt viral marketing going on here, I will buy a bottle. I will put it in a glass with ice. I will post whether or not I enjoyed it. Last time I did, it was out the bottle as Dyson did, I remember not being very impressed.

Fruit Twist is the only Fanta tbh, I don't understand how anyone can not like it/prefer the others over it. Zesty Berry was abhorrent, and Lemon was ok, Orange is the close favourite to match Fruit Twist, but it doesn't quite cut it. Still bloody delicious though. American fantas are shit.

Anyway, here's a question I'd long been wondering, who has had/likes Root Beer? I have literally spent like all my life(read last 3-5 years, casually) looking for it over here, and I think I finally found it recently! I was happy days.

I don't drink most fizzy drinks cos they're full of aspartame, which has been found to cause cancer in chimps - which are 98% the same as humans genetically (don't quote me, but it's something like that). The drinks companys use sweeteners like that cos it's cheaper than sugar. So they put that frankensugar shit in.

There are still some fizzies that have just normal sugar in though, Coke is one, and M&S fizzy juice has none in, so yay... i'll have some cream soda and ginger beer please.

Fruit Twist is the only Fanta tbh, I don't understand how anyone can not like it/prefer the others over it. Zesty Berry was abhorrent, and Lemon was ok, Orange is the close favourite to match Fruit Twist, but it doesn't quite cut it. Still bloody delicious though. American fantas are shit.

Anyway, here's a question I'd long been wondering, who has had/likes Root Beer? I have literally spent like all my life(read last 3-5 years, casually) looking for it over here, and I think I finally found it recently! I was happy days.

Root beer is very tasty. In Nottingham/Macclesfield it was/is available at ASDA and Sainsburys. Not A&W, but it was nice enough.

When I was little it was a drinks option at McDonalds. Then they stopped. And I died inside. A little.