Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Experimental thread lock

Mr_Odwin

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see the difference between having to scroll farther down to see the extra threads that would be included on page 1 over currently clicking on next or Page 2.

I remember clicking through 3 or 4 pages a day (elsewhere not here) on a Dial-up connection.

MURRAY: giant bowl = hyper bowl = hyperbole = look it up and understand that stuff :P

Best thing about all this? If the MEET on saturday is at all awkward, we can just go "so how about dem locked topics, eh?" and BAM! We're set for another hour.

I love the feel since the overhaul, as though we've just been relaunched from Issue 1 under a new creative team, with loads of hype before the first issue goes on sale. I'm enjoying it. I feel like we all need our own personalised "I Am An Avenger" posters to concisely redefine our purpose in being here.

This.

MURRAY: giant bowl = hyper bowl = hyperbole = look it up and understand that stuff :P

Best thing about all this? If the MEET on saturday is at all awkward, we can just go "so how about dem locked topics, eh?" and BAM! We're set for another hour.

Oh there is a specific time allotted to this discussion, right after the Comedy Rainbow Q&A and Signing.

-----------

Some people really should read the thread.

The whole thread? Think I've got nothing better to do?

Besides, upping the limit along with other changes have been something I've been planning for a while. Then Odwin just jumps in and throws stuff around.

This has probably been asked but can we have the Post your purchase thread back?

...I don't think that'd be anti-new forum. I just bought some trainers I want to post to sate my need to show them off before they actually arrive (I used super cheap free delivery so that'll be a while...).

I don't see the difference between having to scroll farther down to see the extra threads that would be included on page 1 over currently clicking on next or Page 2.

I remember clicking through 3 or 4 pages a day (elsewhere not here) on a Dial-up connection.

People think that about Google too, but the harsh reality is that people very rarely click through to the 2nd page on Google. Scrolling further down the page is much easier than that extra click.

I'm all for expanding the default number of threads on the first page.

People think that about Google too, but the harsh reality is that people very rarely click through to the 2nd page on Google. Scrolling further down the page is much easier than that extra click.

I'm all for expanding the default number of threads on the first page.

A good point, but I think the difference between this and google is that there's more interest. You look at the first page, and there's a topic or two you posted in yesterday not on it, so you click to page 2 to see if anyone's posted in it or something. You also then get presented with a whole new page of topics, one which might catch your eye and you post in etc

A good point, but I think the difference between this and google is that there's more interest. You look at the first page, and there's a topic or two you posted in yesterday not on it, so you click to page 2 to see if anyone's posted in it or something. You also then get presented with a whole new page of topics, one which might catch your eye and you post in etc

Regardless, its still easier just to scroll down.

Right okay to put in some form of official word in, or as good as we can get, these issues have been discussed and will be addressed in the coming weeks. We want to allow for some time for the 'dust to settle' and really get a feel of 'this style' before merging it with the old one. Unless Dan Dare does whatever the fuck he wants again...

Anyway the things are:

Higher number of threads per page (you can do this yourself anyway if you really want).

Return of Post Your Purchases

Return of User Image Gallery (although themed threads could be just as fun)

Let's wait til early/mid August before we start clamouring for the old days.

I like how this thread has more posts than any other thread on the forum. MAYBE WE NEED TO LOCK THIS ONE TO SPREAD THE CONTENT BUILDING UP IN HERE OUT TOO.

I'm just being a dick. The thread lock has made the General board interesting again.

True story:

I saw Shrek 4 today, and enjoyed more than I expected, and sauntered home and sat down to rate it. Remembered the Rate The Last Film Thread is closed, and was sad. Now a review will never be written, because it wasn't good enough for me to actually go out of my way to find a place to write about it.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!