N-Europe

Election 2010 - Con/Lib Government

danny

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's that weirdo holding his fist up?

Land is Power candidate. Can't remember his name. Basically he's a commie.

So angry about this stuff about this stuff about people being turned away from polling stations. It's a disgrace. I don't think calling it a conspiracy is accurate, but it's certainly undemocratic. Those polling stations should open again tomorrow, either for a re-vote or for those people who were turned away to be allowed to vote again.

I'll be disappointed if the Conservatives secure a majority, but at least it's a democratic result. Nobody should ever be turned away from a polling station. No ballots left? Get people to write their answer down. No paper? Go out and buy some. Can't find any? Record them on a fucking laptop.

Green Party win in my dad's constituency :D Bunch of hippies there, tbh. labour seem to be dominating sheffield, but Hallam is still yet to be called. Brighton area's lost a couple to the connies :( But hey - hung parliament! Wahey! When do get get to draw and quarter them?

(yes, I know, 'hanged' etc)

Tynemouth had less than a 0.4% swing to the tories in the end, Labour majority surprisingly holding out quite well :)

Bitterly disappointing night for the Liberals, I am shocked they are going to make a net loss of seats.

Yeah, what the hell happened really? I know there was a bit of overhype but to have gone down (according to exit poll, which will probably be reflected) just seems strange.

At least Barking did not give way to the BNP's racism and scaremongering. To quote the BBC:

Winning Labour candidate in Barking Margaret Hodge tells BNP to "get out and stay out" of the east London constituency

At least some good news.

Ah shite, libs have lost out in my two surrounding areas to the conservatives and labour have remained in my area. Looking at the map on BBC news we're a little red blob in a sea of blue. How depressing, do people really think a cyborg is the best choice for PM. Have we learned nothing from Terminator.

Ugh what a shit result, I really don't understand who the hell is voting for Labour and shocked the Lib Dems are so low. No majority is very bad news.

Guess we'll be doing this again pretty soon.

Oh and on the people who didn't get to vote, if it was down to not having the papers then yeah thats totally shit, if you turned up late expecting to get straight in then it's your own fault - the rules are pretty clear on how this works. They should have gone earlier.

Harrogate is now a tories zone....wtf....we've been Liberal since forever...fuckers.

To be fair, it fits the bill of Tory town pretty well, I was surprised it wasn't already. Every time I've been there the impressing I always come away with is "oh, what a bunch of stuck up tossers" before childishly referring to the place to 'Harro-gay.'

Have you also noticed how everyone in Yorkshire calls it "Harro-gut" to rhyme with "surrogate" but everyone from the place calls it "Harrow-gate."

To me, that says it all.

As expected, Labour held onto their seat in my area (Glenrothes). It wasn't even close, 62.3% to Labour. Think Labour were always going to do well in Scotland, where there has been no change whatsoever to the MPs which is amusing when the SNP were going on about being able to gain significantly.

But yay for hung parliament. Seems people want change but at the same time don't. I think that may be partly due to having only just come out of a recession and some people wanting more economic stability before a change happens.

And @ Rez - yeh I've been watching the markets. It's gone back up a little but the FTSE went down nearly 2% which is ridiculous.

To be fair, it fits the bill of Tory town pretty well, I was surprised it wasn't already. Every time I've been there the impressing I always come away with is "oh, what a bunch of stuck up tossers" before childishly referring to the place to 'Harro-gay.'

Have you also noticed how everyone in Yorkshire calls it "Harro-gut" to rhyme with "surrogate" but everyone from the place calls it "Harrow-gate."

To me, that says it all.

Thats how I say it not being from Harro-gut. To be honest if you visit it yes it does seem very stuck up and snobby however if you stay long enough you realise it really isn't. I'm disappointed as everyone I know vot LibDem...

Conservatives won here. Not that bothered really, as I have said before, it doesn't matter who's in charge where except to stroke the egos of the people in the party.

This whole hung parliament concept for example is another case of our democracy being retarded

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!