N-Europe

3DS Console Discussion

Dante

Saw a red 3DS in the flesh today, it was gorgeous. Want.

My local HMV has removed the blue 3DS and replaced it with the box for the red one. I suppose the red 3DS will actually be there next time I go, which is good in a way, but the blue 3DS had the Level 7+ HMV Mii I use for StreetPass Quest! :heh:

This depresses me (I already knew but still, every time it is mentioned I get filled with rage)

I agree. As far as I'm concerned, this is the only thing about the 3DS that is genuinely out of order.

Goto Link's house and go to sleep. Might need to be Child Link, but not sure. It should be on the main menu somewhere as well I thought.

Ah, thanks Ike. It's never appeared for me either (but I haven't tried what you suggested yet).

Goto Link's house and go to sleep. Might need to be Child Link, but not sure. It should be on the main menu somewhere as well I thought.
Ah right ok, I'd checked Links notice board before but didn't think to check the bed (never use it)!

I'm confused though...

Boss Battle mode came up but there is a space... is that for Ganon? I imagine that if you get this battle, then maybe Boss Mode appears on the main menu aswell?... but either way, how do you unlock Ganon? I've completed him and the game saved (hence Master Quest unlocking), but then it returns your save back to before you fought him.

@Retro_Link - There have been quite a few rumours lately that Sonic Generations will be delayed until early 2012 for 3DS! Like I said though, they're just rumours at the moment. It's a shame but at the same time I probably won't get Generations until early next year anyway, I plan to play a lot of Mario Kart 7 on my 3DS and will be getting the 360 version of Generations first.

Starfox 64 is pretty awesome, I really like the multi-player! And I'm hoping Nintendo sort out the messaging when the firmware update comes in November. Online Picto-Chat with friends should be included - ITS HOW IT ALWAYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But it's Nintendo so it won't happen. :(

Nintendo Service is rubbish! I sent my 3DS off last Tuesday due to the screens catching and scratching – so the rubber feet were too short. I also asked they looked at the loose and creaky screen.

Got a delivery notification yesterday saying that nobody was in when actually someone was so they can’t have used the door bell, but that’s YODEL and another story

So I collected it today and opened the box up…… no rubber feet at all now, just cavities exposing behind the screen, I’m going to have to thoroughly check it over for any other defects now!, called up customer service and go “oh yeah uhh sorry about that….*silence*” I had to ask what they would do about it only to be told they’d have to restart the process again taking another 6-7 days and they could provide no guarantees that such a similar level of “service”/lack of service occurs again.

I’m not pleased at all its like they weren’t bothered in the slightest about the issue, I asked to make an official complaint and was told they had no procedure but he’d note it on file…

Supposedly they are emailing me another label to return it, but was told that can take 24 hours….

As for their choice courier

I went in the office at 11.35 and left at 12.35, there were 3 people ahead of me all collecting iPhone 4S,

they couldn’t find the 1st guys and said its likely its been redelivered (without asking) as they have loads in and not enough space.

The second was a woman and they couldn’t find her, so had her phone the person she was collecting it for to check the delivery number,

The manager came and dealt with the third guy and couldn’t find his, the guy needed it for work as it was a business phone, they told him the same as bloke 1, only this guy wanted him to ring the driver and ask where he was so he could go home and wait…..

Both workers disappeared off looking for numbers/phones, one came back to speak to the woman. They’d scanned her phone not so long ago and updated it as at the depot but couldn’t find it at all, they thought maybe someone had come round the counter and taken hers(stolen) as they kept the box of them just beyond the counter by the open door to the warehouse

The manager came back to phone the driver, who’s phone was off, and told the guy he’d call him when he found out more.

5 more people were waiting behind me, 4 waiting for iphone 4S, I was finally seen and collected my defective lump

As I left another bloke was coming up the drive and asked me if it was where you collect, I told him it was and the situation to which his response was “oh fuck” followed by him running to the door

@Agent Gibbs

And there I was thinking the wait in my local Post Office was bad :p I hope you manage to sort your 3DS out though :( It does sound like pretty shoddy service!

By the sounds of it, my 3DS has the same problems as yours (though maybe not to the same extent). I always see a couple of scratches on the top screen left by the bottom screen and just lately the top screen has become quite squeaky when I open it. It's not as sturdy (or ugly, so I suppose it cancels itself out) as my trusty DS Phat.

well i've checked my 3DS over now

the faults

Missing footpads from top screen

Screen is still loose no change at all

There is a ball point pen mark on the underside where it looks like they used one to pries the battery cover off

the two screws closest to the cartridge slot have been done up too tight and have caused surface cracking on the battery cover, that or someone with a really unsteady hand kept sliding the screwdriver over to find the screws

There is a light scratch on the top cover, i know its not mine since i checked it over before posting, that and its been in an Armour case for months

all in all no repairs have taken place and its been returned in a worse state.

Called nintendo and this time the worker was apologetic but when i asked to speak to a manager or a complaints team i was told none exist, its all email based. So i'm currently writing a strongly worded one, had to remove a couple of references to trained monkeys because i think that won't help me :nono:

Not be a broken record but MESSAGING NINTENDO!!!! MESSAGING!!! If you don't catch up on the online front you are going to get fucked! Why do they not realise this?!

I think there attitude is like:

'You got your apple shizz, don't you?'

'You can call eachother using your fancy apple products, DON'T YOU!?'

'You can even play games on your fancy-schmansy apple product AND communicate with eachother, DOOOON'T YOUUU!!??!!?'

'Just go play on your damn apple products already...:red::nono:'

That sucks about your 3DS, @Agent Gibbs :hmm:

I actually have only positive things to say about the Nintendo Service Centre. I called them up last monday and then sent out a freepost label to send my Wii off to them with. They were very friendly over the phone and everything was sorted out within a couple of minutes :smile:

I expected to have to pay a significant amount to get my Wii sorted out but I was absolutely delighted when they quoted me £29 to get it fixed. I called them up, made payment and they have it back with me today :grin: It sounds great : peace: They even replaced the stickers over the screws which I had previously exposed in my own attempt to fix it months ago :indeed:

Yeah it kind of sucks

never got an email label so i had to call them today to find out why, it seems they had my name spelled wrong and since it forms my email that was wrong too :hmm:

but the bloke i spoke to today was really sympathetic and helpful said he'd get an email out to me ASAP (all the others said it would take 24 hours for the email or 48) about an hour after the call i checked my emails and a label was there.

does make me wonder if they can actually speed things up and the others I've spoken to just didn't want to. :hmm:

I'll get my 3DS in the post tomorrow and hopefully get it back actually repaired next week