NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

an actual nintendo tour cube thing with about 20 demo units.

i also checked all the screens and 50% of them sufferd from a wobbly top screen.

Sounds like the wobbly screen is an actual issue that lots of devices share.

Now the question would be if it's caused by bad assembly, or if there is a problem with the production quality of the hinges. If it's down to bad assembly, there must be a way to fix this manually...

an actual nintendo tour cube thing with about 20 demo units.

i also checked all the screens and 50% of them sufferd from a wobbly top screen.

Weird, I didn't get any from the one in Southampton yesterday..

Mine also wobbles slightly. But so did my DSi, DS Lite and DS Phat.

Mine has a tiny bit of wobble, ever since I was doing the fishing AR game, and I pulled up a bit too hard :indeed:

Sounds like the wobbly screen is an actual issue that lots of devices share.

Now the question would be if it's caused by bad assembly, or if there is a problem with the production quality of the hinges. If it's down to bad assembly, there must be a way to fix this manually...

It's not a defect, it's meant to be slightly loose to prevent the hinge from cracking. If it's ridiculously wobbly then it probably is a defect, but a bit of wobbliness is fine.

Monster Hunter 3DS?

Capcom’s incredibly popular Monster Hunter could soon be heading to the Nintendo 3DS if gaming publication TGBus is correct.

According to a report on TGBus an employee who works for a company which translates games from Japanese into English has all but confirmed that the highly anticipated Monster Hunter franchise is coming to the Nintendo 3DS.

It has been rumoured that “Monster Hunter” will be out on the 3DS even before its launch, and has now been confirmed by an employee who works for a company which translates games from Japanese into English. “Monster Hunter 3DS” does exist and it was originally to be announced on 13th of March in the Fukuoka conference and the “Monster Hunter Festa 11″ in many other place.

But we all know that these events have been cancelled due to the recent earthquake. However, as the famous producer Yoshinori Ono has admitted that there will be many new game launches on the 3DS in the future, those who hope Monster Hunter to be on the 3DS can be looking forward to hearing this new game from the Capcom Captivate 2011 next month.”

- TGBus

Not the first time this rumour has done the rounds but it looks like it might be gathering some speed now.

Captivate starts on April 6th I believe. If there's going to be a Monster Hunter 3DS announcement, it's believed it'll happen there.

Just wondering, if I leave my 3DS in the dock/connected to charger, after it has fully charged, will this have an effect on the battery?

Modern batteries shouldn't suffer from being overcharged, but I'm not honesty sure. I think the 3DS stops charging at full capacity as the charging light on mine goes out.

Surely the 3DS will become the most popular console of all time. In May there'll be a big update offering video and TV content, 3D video recording, more online options (browser, messaging, match invites etc); from June all the big franchises will start trickling out and come Xmas things the console will be unmissable. So many people are waiting for better games to come out and it's still be an incredibly successful launch in a notoriously quiet gaming period!

Surely the 3DS will become the most popular console of all time. In May there'll be a big update offering video and TV content, 3D video recording, more online options (browser, messaging, match invites etc); from June all the big franchises will start trickling out and come Xmas things the console will be unmissable. So many people are waiting for better games to come out and it's still be an incredibly successful launch in a notoriously quiet gaming period!

I like your optimism kid (yes, I know you're older than me) but that sounds a touch adventurous.

There are a couple of big hurdles facing the device right now such as price, software, and public perception. The DS got them in line fairly early on in it's life, thanks primarily to Nintendogs being the break through it was but it was no guarantee. It perfectly demonstrated a combination of all the devices features to create a unique experience.

The 3DS big selling point is apparently it's 3D screen but that isn't going to be enough to drive sales when the games aren't any different than before.

I suspect the usage of the cameras cleverly incorporated into a game with mass appeal, but totally unique gameplay, will be the thing to get units off the shelves - people won't care that it's in 3D - it will demonstrate the true difference between the DS and 3DS. Mobile phones are already there when it comes to offering a spectrum of AR style apps that exploit such ideas.

Say what they like about not competing with mobile phones, but as a device for passing time, the 3DS is competing with so many things it's untrue. The DS brought together a bunch of established things in new ways and people loved it. The 3DS takes them, adds a couple of now well established things, but doesn't do anything new except 3D... which won't be enough on it's own.

Software drives sales of hardware - always has. But it remains to be seen how long it takes to make a true killer app that can't be done on a myriad of other devices in a strict gameplay sense. And by killer app, I don't mean the thing that gets me into a shop on day one - I mean the thing that would get my mum into a shop because that's what it will take for it to surpass the DS life time sales. This time, Nintendogs is not that game.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does the power saving mode do? I haven't tried it, but I assume it just dims the screens after a while of inactivity.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does the power saving mode do? I haven't tried it, but I assume it just dims the screens after a while of inactivity.

YOU HAVEN'T TRIED IT!

IT'S THE KILLER APP OF THE 3DS, AN ABSOLUTE MUST-HAVE EXPERIENCE!!!!!1!1!!!

(Just flick it on and off, you'll notice the difference)

It increases battery life by about 10-20% in exchange for diminished screen quality.

It constantly rejigs the strength of the back light to match the on screen activity but you'll find in practice, it just makes the entire screen look dull and the colours faded more than anything.

To me, the trade off just isn't worth it. If you want to save power, reduce your brightness and turn off wireless when you don't need it.

Nintendo 3DS Thwarts a Cheating Husband

Her husband had purchased one on launch day, but the receipt was for over $500, roughly the cost of two 3DS consoles. Assuming the second 3DS was for the mistress, she took matters into her own hands.

“I read online that the 3DS was going to have this Street Pass function, and it would allow your system to hook up to another person’s system. So I secretly bought one.”

She placed her 3DS in the closet for a few days, “I came home from work yesterday and saw nothing, but on April 1st, my 3DS’ Street Pass was lit up and saw the bitch’s Mii on it.”

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/85367/nintendo-3ds-thwarts-a-cheating-husband/?

Edited by Ashley
Automerged Doublepost

I posted the other day in the MGS thread that when the eShop is available Nintendo should release free downloads on the demo vids they used to show off the 3DS previously, like the MGS: Naked Sample one, just thought it would be awesome to actually see these videos running on the 3DS in 3D as they were intended.

But then I realised why don't they use the Nintendo Channel on the Wii so they don't have to wait for the eShop? They offered DS game demos through the Nintendo Channel so surely this should be a no brainer?

The Download Play feature is exactly the same as with the old DS's right? So as Mokong said, I don't see how it would be a problem to download 3DS content from the Wii. Although it might require an update on the Wii end.

I suppose this would only be useful until the shop is available though, so two months at the maximum, so I don't know if it Nintendo would consider it necessary, but nonetheless I would like to see it.

So, I gave my 3DS the 3rd degree as a MP3 player....

It failed. It can barely drive my earbuds, of course other than being quiet it actually didn't sound too bad.

The Sun and other tabloids are starting to enrage me.

I can withstand idiocy and poor journalism to a point, but they're starting to anger me to no end. The commenters on The Sun article are just moronic.

I fear for the human race.

The Sun and other tabloids are starting to enrage me.

I can withstand idiocy and poor journalism to a point, but they're starting to anger me to no end. The commenters on The Sun article are just moronic.

I fear for the human race.

What they chattin'?