N-Europe

Recommend some lols.

Shorty

I think my favourite thing to sit down and watch, above powerful drama and cheesy anime and explosive action and intelligent thriller, is real laugh out loud comedy. I don't know if it's something that's going on at a chemical level inside myself, but anything that can make me laugh until it hurts makes my day just that little bit more enjoyable.

But, like most things I like, I'm not particularly clued up on what's the best in that area.

So recommend me, and each other, some awesomely hilarious comedy. Stand-up, TV series or movies or anything in between. Find short clips of the best if possible (see below). Personally I'm thinking of performances that are really laugh-out-loud hilarious, rather than cleverly witty - but feel free to share anything.

I am not so much a fan of comedians that Americans would consider classics like Chris Rock, although it's impossible to deny the genius of Richard Pryor. My favourite stand up comedian is either Bill Bailey or... Eddie Izzard.

Edit: To clarify this isn't for flash games, podcasts or videos or anything like that, but rather mainstream stuff you can typically buy on DVD. Otherwise it goes in that thread.

Edited by Shorty

I agree with Jimbob here, I've watched lee evans twice live and he's brilliant, not to everyone's taste, but he manages to be funny and continously on the ball throughout his performances.

I also love Michael McIntyre's stuff, his accent makes me giggle muchly

I changed the thread title in case anyone else should think that it was connected to Money Supermarket x_x

Ah yes Michael McIntyre! I recently borrowed 2 (all?) of his DVDs and they were both hilarious.

Although I find it a bit disturbing how he looks exactly like a guy I knew at Uni.

Lee Evans is a legend. I used to really like Peter Kay and I do still find his original stand up dvds funny but since then you kind of see with him that its just the same old material over and over again.

Got bought Lee Macks dvd the other year as well, thought he was hilarious.

I changed the thread title in case anyone else should think that it was connected to Money Supermarket x_x

Ah yes Michael McIntyre! I recently borrowed 2 (all?) of his DVDs and they were both hilarious.

Although I find it a bit disturbing how he looks exactly like a guy I knew at Uni.

I'd love to see him live, only seen one dvd.

I also love russell howard

^_^

Ross Noble is so funny, id say watch a full dvd instead of youtube clips as some people find him hard to get into, but oh my god he's funny! Saw him in liverpool and i was crying, amazing

Katt Williams, funny ass American comedian

Shortbreadbiscuit, I saw your post and thought "ahh, Black Books!"

But then, I re-read it and saw the Bill Bailey bit, which makes me believe that you probably have already watched Black Books. Also, is it really laugh out loud comedy? I laughed until my intestines fell out of my arse, but I also laughed at various points in Up, which you didn't like. So, maybe it would count as the clever-witty comedy you talked about.

I still recommend it. If you haven't seen that then I recommend Monster by Dylan Moran!

dylanmoran.jpg

Ross Noble is also a good shout. :)

I've never been a big fan of stand-up. Dunno why, it's just never REALLY appealed to me.

I like Dylan Moran from what I've seen, and Rob Brydon is funny (my mum has a live CD of his in the car). I also watched a bit of Wanda Sykes which I enjoyed too.

I'll go through some of these vids, I never take the time to listen to popular comedians really, unless I encounter them on TV.

Didn't like Lee Evans. (from that vid)

ROSS NOBLE ROSS NOBLE ROSS NOBLE!!! :grin:

...also Lee Mack because I saw him on Wednesday and throught it was hilarious. I also like Jimmy Carr. :)

In terms of TV Shows CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM OR IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILIDELPHIA

I'd post clips but that ruins the fun especially when not in context. :D

Stand up and no ones mentioned Eddie Murphy (Not Current Eddie though) But Delirious = best Stand up ever just because of this:

Has me in cracking up every time I watch it

Also, Aziz Ansari's - Intimate Moments For A Sensual Evening is amazing, especially the Kanye West part and the part where he's fucking with his little cousin on facebook.

Edited by arnold