N-Europe

Mcdonalds*festive menu

canand

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever since my University book shop started a meal deal (massive-fuck off Ginsters sandwich, drink and crisps) for £2.99, the McDonald's 5 minutes off campus has basically had zero student custom during the day, and come club-kicking out time, Pizzaman and either the campus or next-to-station kebab shop rule over everything.

"We don't go to Ravenholm McDonald's..."

I fail to see how burgers can be festive.

Burger King chips > all. McD's burgers > all

So i'm in conflict!!

I prefer a good chip shop. You bastards in the mainland have the best chippies ever. Our are horrendously expensive - my local charges £2 for a large chip which is maybe even a third of the size of some portions you get in the mainland. *sadface*

I can't stand KFC simply because it's nowhere near as nice as it looks in the pictures. On the adverts it looks so crisp and tender... what you actually get is soggy and pink.

I realise this is the same of all fast food, but something about KFC just makes me expect a certain flavour which doesn't present.

Depends. If you have a KFC Burger instead of the bucket chicken, then it tends to be nicer in my opinion.

If Subway was a choice, I'd definitely pick that over any fast-food restaurant. I love a good Subway sandwich :love:

I love the fresh food they offer. It is literately a "Have it Your Way" food outlet store.

I think the more important question is: Burger King or McDonalds? Personally the former has better chips and you can't beat the Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

The only thing McDonalds has over Burger King is chicken. Seriously WTF did Burger King do to their Royle Strips/Chicken Nuggets? They replaced them with fucking horrible jelly chicken cubes (essentially)

BUT as you said...XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger is the absolute fucking tits. And you don't have to ask for it plain. I hate burger garnishes. They don't belong there. Its wrong. And BK chips just absolutely shit all over McD.

....Chicken nuggets rule.

Guys come on. WTF is all this chicken nugget love? Chicken Selects are the best thing McDonalds do, and they are fucking awesome.

Apart from double sausage and egg McMuffin. Obviously.

I don't really like the garnish in McD burgers so, whilst I avoid it for the most part, normally Chicken nuggets are all I have when I go there :heh:

See above.

I can't stand KFC simply because it's nowhere near as nice as it looks in the pictures. On the adverts it looks so crisp and tender... what you actually get is soggy and pink.

I realise this is the same of all fast food, but something about KFC just makes me expect a certain flavour which doesn't present.

Boneless Banquet for one is amazing. Crispy Strips are amazing.

I have had the cheese melts actually, they were nice.

Mozzerella Dippers = best thing ever.

Burger King Pwns Mcdonalds. They don't need no crappy festive menu to sell burgers.

Subway is good too. Italian BMT FTW.

Italian BMT is FUCKING amazing.

I used to love subway until it gave me horrible, horrible food poisoning. I had a Chicken and Bacon Ranch and I was throwing up and shitting at the same time for many many days, plus I couldn't sleep and just generally felt awful.

So yeah, not so much of a fan now. Then I heard that relatively recently before that someone died from food poisoning they got from a Subway.

I don't even like the smell any more, it makes me feel sick. But yeah, I understand why people like it but its not for me. I don't eat fast food much but I would get a BK if I could :)

Well what the heck did you think Ranch meant. For best results with sub way kill it with fire. Get it toasted.

I made the mistake of asking for garlic and herb dip at dominoes in the US. Gave me garlic butter. I was pissed.

But back to burger king being epic win over MD.

Burger King is about pushing boundaries, its about making you feel like you ate. If Spartans were around today they would eat at BK.

They would eat stuff like this:

windows7burger.jpg

and this:

baconator.jpg

Damn I need a burger.

I like a post night-out Subway, because it feels relatively healthy (its a salad sandwich afterall). Tried to get a McFlurry at 3am a while ago and they didn't do them. Bastard.

Suffice to say I haven't tried the festive menu. The cheese things look interesting, but probably won't taste as good as they look.

Burger King are my favourite but I haven't been in years. Awesome veggie burgers :D

Since this Chinese called Red Chilli near our uni has started doing a £5 meal deal for a dish I don't go to fast-food places too much, but when I do it's mostly subway. If I wanted to go for a burger I'd go to Burger King, since both their burgers and fries are nicer. Then again, McDonalds have nice little treats like milkshakes and apple pies. Shame the rest of its stuff is pretty dire. :)

Fresh my bloody arse.

*shrugs* It's fresher than Mcdonalds that's for sure...

The last time I ate in Subway all the ingredients looked pretty fresh tbf and at least you can see it being made in front of you so there's no chance of getting any 'extra' ingredients put in what you're about to eat. ::shrug:

I seriously hate that, when people working in catering fuck about with the food, it's not right.

*shrugs* It's fresher than Mcdonalds that's for sure...

The last time I ate in Subway all the ingredients looked pretty fresh tbf and at least you can see it being made in front of you so there's no chance of getting any 'extra' ingredients put in what you're about to eat. ::shrug:

I seriously hate that, when people working in catering fuck about with the food, it's not right.

Yes but some people seem to be under the illusion its healthy and fresh, sorry what was that half a tub of mayonaise did you say on your sub, gladly.

Given that I love subway/kfc and maccie ds! :santa:

Yes but some people seem to be under the illusion its healthy and fresh, sorry what was that half a tub of mayonaise did you say on your sub, gladly.

Oh I see what you mean, yeah there can be about as many calories etc in a sub as there are in a burger, but it just depends what you put in it I guess but as far as the freshness of the ingredients go, it seemed pretty good to me when I last ate in there. :)

I had a steak, cheese, jalapeno and pepper sub - as recommended by Raining - and it was really good. :D

some of the sauces have as much calorie content as the entire sub :hmm:

The subs that have less than 5 grams of fat are all minus cheese etc too.

13 points in a steak and cheese (footlong) sub!

:sad:

(i do fucking love subway though)

I'm not a big fan of fastfood. If I have McDonalds, I only ever get the Big Mac with fries; have never tried anything else as it just looks bleh. =P

No Burger King here, or KFC. Which I really don't mind haha.

We did get a Subway in town this year, but I still haven't tried them so I have no clue what it's like. Maybe when Jim is here and we go into town I'll give it a try. Maybe. =P

I don't really see why this thread has been locked.

Yesterday my boss 'treated' me to mcdonalds on the way back from a meeting. It was something from the festive menu, I'm not sure what, but it had a shit load of mayo in (I hate mayo) once I scraped that off, it was OK. The cheese melts were also pretty disappointing, although that might be because I thought they were chicken nuggets.

I think the more important question is: Burger King or McDonalds? Personally the former has better chips and you can't beat the Bacon Double Cheeseburger.

*unlocks thread*

It was me who locked it (duh) - I apologise to one and all for not trying to steer the discussion as you have :)

I much prefer Burger King. Mcdonald's burgers are as thin as bloody cardboard, and their chips are floppier than an old man's cock. Burger King FTW

I don't know what McD's chips you've had, but the majority of the chips I've eaten have been long and hard. Not like your old man's cock. :hmm:

I used to love subway until it gave me horrible, horrible food poisoning. I had a Chicken and Bacon Ranch

Was it toasted? If so then they probably didn't toast it right/had too much chicken packed into it so most of it would have been hot and the rest of it just 'warm' I bet... and if it wasn't toasted then it possibly wasn't stored at the correct temp, these would probably be the reasons why you got food poisoning assuming the chicken was correctly cooked in the first place ruling that out.

Chicken is one of those things that you've got to be so careful around preparing because even when it's cooked and you're just reheating, its still gotta be done right.

Edited by S.C.G

subway did nothing but cold subs until only recently so I don't know how that could be applicable

They've done toasted subs for a good while I thought? I had mine toasted when I went there months ago... so I was just saying that if the chicken sub in question had been toasted and there was too much chicken inside then some of it might not have got properly reheated.

I've seen the way they toast their subs, just gets whacked under a high-powered grill for a minute or something and that's it, they don't seem to be able to check that it's heated all the way through before giving it to the customer, they just hope for the best, ideally they'd use a tempreature probe but they probably don't do things that way there plus when it's busy I doubt there would be time so I guess it's possible for the odd sub to be not properly toasted/the contents reheated.