NEurope
Ashley

General Switch Discussion

9 minutes ago, killthenet said:

Just a heads up RE: DOOM, for all 3 of today's releases you are asked to sign up (or log in to) a Bethesda account before you can play, even if you just want to play solo. Haven't launched the game myself but just thought I'd let you guys know there's a needless extra step before you can play the game.

Ugh, there just had to be a catch...

I was reading about that earlier, it's definitely a catch, a small one but a catch nonetheless, I don't know if I even have a Bethesda account. 

Do any other titles published by them require it upon startup? I have Doom (2016) and Skyrim which I haven't played, I did start Wolfenstein a while back but can't remember much.

In any case, I wonder if there's a physical collection chance for the trilogy? Would be nice, seeing as Doom 3 BFG Edition was basically the same thing with Doom/Doom II as bonuses.

Just now, S.C.G said:

Do any other titles published by them require it upon startup? I have Doom (2016) and Skyrim which I haven't played, I did start Wolfenstein a while back but can't remember much.

Skyrim definitely doesn't, I've played some of that.

• Thanks 1

Strange... so it must be some new kind of requirement for their games or maybe just Doom from now on?

Ah well, I can live with it so long as it's not one of those deals where you have to login to the account every time after creating it, this shouldn't be the case seeing as these are mostly offline games... in fact I think these versions are purely offline, apart from this account requirement, which requires online... which makes it all the more bizarre really!

Still, the ability to play local co-op is cool, like having a Doom LAN party from the Nineties, except here you don't need a load of desktop PC's and a nest of ethernet cables. :D

They’ve done this in order to put an expiration date on these games.  Once they shut down those login servers; those games will be literally useless.

• Angry 2

I can almost hear it already...

”Triiiiple Aaaaaaaaaaayyy publishers.”

Get on it, Jim. 

Edited by Nicktendo
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dcubed said:

They’ve done this in order to put an expiration date on these games.  Once they shut down those login servers; those games will be literally useless.

Really? Oh sod that then! I guess I didn't want to play those earlier Doom games that much on the Switch afterall.

Bethesda just released a statement saying they're making the login to Bethesda Net optional, working on a fix at the moment so they've obviously listened to the complaints.

Apparently DOOM 64 has been rated for re-release by PEGI so that could be on the way too.

• Thanks 2

AKA, we're sorry we got caught :indeed:

Edited by Dcubed
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weird 1

Well, glad they are removing but yeah, i doubt it was an error. There have been a few good images making fun of the situation 

EAflivqWwAAQMtg.jpg

EAf4MLWVUAAgZQO.png

EAf4MLPUYAAdO9b.png

• Haha 9

My switch joycon thumb pad had completely broken off - can anyone repair it online / in store ?

Pre-load for Spyro Reignited Trilogy is up and according to the eShop the download is only 6.2gb yet the physical version requires an additional download as all the games aren't stored on the game card. Either Activision are using an absurdly low capacity cart or the listing it wrong. On PS4 did you have to launch the game to download 2&3? I get the feeling that's what's happening here, initial download will only give you Spyro 1 and the others will count as additional content or something. I remember the file size for the PS4 version being laughably huge so I can't imagine Nintendo's compression would reduce the whole package to just over 6gb.

Edited by killthenet

Nintendo have updated their sold software numbers. 

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 17,890,000
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 14,940,000
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 14,730,000
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 13,610,000
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee - 10,980,000
  • Splatoon 2 - 9,020,000
  • Super Mario Party - 6,990,000
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 4,100,000
  • 1-2-Switch - 3,010,000
  • Mario Tennis Aces - 2,750,000

There are some insane legs on some of these games.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Mario Tennis Aces - 2,750,000

Seems ridiculous to say, as that’s still a very decent amount of sales, but I hope that’ll be a wake up call for Camelot/Nintendo. Mario Tennis Aces could’ve easily been much higher up that list if they hadn’t half-arsed it. :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Outer Worlds has been announced for Switch.

That's a big get for the console as it's expected to be one of if not the game to be playing this fall. If they're close to the release date of the other versions as well, it should easily be a big hit so long as the port has been handled well.

• Like 6

The Outer Worlds has been announced for Switch.

That's a big get for the console as it's expected to be one of if not the game to be playing this fall. If they're close to the release date of the other versions as well, it should easily be a big hit so long as the port has been handled well.

Excellent news. I have been looking forward to this for a while, the game sounds amazing.

Edit: doh, thought this was the Outer Wilds. That one I'm really looking forward to. This looks good too though.

content-4-35889-theouterworldsswitchbanner.jpg

Up on the front page. :D

Good to see another potentially decent title coming to the Switch. :smile:

Yeah, probably getting that. Looks good. Just hope it's not out too soon. Hehe

Will be interesting to see what the port is like but it's good to see ambitious titles like this are still being ported over although I guess with The Witcher 3 coming over anything is possible now.

So, about those Doom ports.

It looks like Doom 3 is the better handled port out of all of them, which I'm not too surprised at.

Maybe they can patch Doom and Doom II to fix some of their issues? I'm not too hopeful.

Looks like Game Trials is a new thing for Nintendo Switch Online members

the full game is also 33% off during that week. Progress carries over if you buy the game to keep

Game Trials is a cool addition to Switch Online. Hopefully it won't just be used for multiplayer focused stuff, although I wouldn't be surprised.

But yeah, if games like Kirby or Yoshi do get on there too, then that would be sweet. :hehe:

• Like 1