Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Addictions and obsessions

Beast

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. How can "finding a girlfriend" be an obsession? If you go out and purposefully look for one it won't happen - it'll just be one of those things you stumble in to. If you do go looking and you find it, it'll probably be a disappointment.

If it wasn't possible the world wouldn't be filled with shit like Sex and the City!

I had an addiction to Farmville and Mafia Wars, had to go on them every single day and make sure i am up to speed. I don't go on Farmville every day no more, i don't really go on it once a week to be fair. Mafia Wars is every couple of days or so.

I do have a habit of refreshing Facebook, to see what people are on about. Sometimes i do the same for N-E, but not all the time.

I'm addicted to destroying myself. Eating crap, eating obsessively healthily, smoking, drinking, or just pushing myself too hard at the gym. I get cycles of those. It's always the extremes, I have no balance in my life at all

I'm obsessed with having a lack of control. The thought of doing something or going somewhere unknown scares me so much.

I sometimes go through periods of replaying games I have already played until I was to sick to death of just looking at the cover. Every now and again It'll pop into my head that I want to play that game again anyway and it ends up being the only things I play until I'm sick to the back teeth of them again. Previous fixes include Crackdown, Zelda: Wind Waker and Ouendan. My current fixation is Mass Effect 2 despite already playing it until I literally couldn't look it again about 6 months ago.

I'm obsessed with having a lack of control. The thought of doing something or going somewhere unknown scares me so much.

Awk Raining. :hug: I think it's natural to feel that way about trying new things, or moving on to new things. I'm desperate to go do a MA and strike out from the family home once and for all, but I'm still scared outta my mind by the whole idea.

When I was in college I was really addicted to Solitaire on the PC, id just play that game over and over again while I was supposed to be working.

I was similar, but it was Checkers and Minesweeper. I still do it even now. I shat on many a person at Checkers today. Anyone wishing to challenge me on MSN will face my pr0 wrath.

First you have to learn to love yourself before you can expect someone else to love you.

I'm sure many here know how to love themselves. And it involves [majoritally] their right hand.

girlfriends are shit, you need a fuck buddy.

Word, but that may involuntarilly lead to a relationship. Of course by that time you've resigned to it and have no objections.

I'm addicted to destroying myself. Eating crap, eating obsessively healthily, smoking, drinking, or just pushing myself too hard at the gym. I get cycles of those. It's always the extremes, I have no balance in my life at all

You smoke?

Fucking hell, you are a dark horse babe.

I sometimes go through periods of replaying games I have already played until I was to sick to death of just looking at the cover. Every now and again It'll pop into my head that I want to play that game again anyway and it ends up being the only things I play until I'm sick to the back teeth of them again. Previous fixes include Crackdown, Zelda: Wind Waker and Ouendan. My current fixation is Mass Effect 2 despite already playing it until I literally couldn't look it again about 6 months ago.

I get that exact same feeling with games like Zelda MM and OoT, as well as the old Final Fantasy games. It's like I remember how great they were, but it's never the same when I go back to them.

I'm obsessed with getting to the TRUTH...

...I swear you're all in on it... if I can just find someone to trust, we could make sense of this mess.

All you need is a few organs to sacrifice, not of your choosing, and you'll get to the TRUTH.

I was similar, but it was Checkers and Minesweeper. I still do it even now. I shat on many a person at Checkers today. Anyone wishing to challenge me on MSN will face my pr0 wrath.

I'm sure many here know how to love themselves. And it involves [majoritally] their right hand.

Word, but that may involuntarilly lead to a relationship. Of course by that time you've resigned to it and have no objections.

You smoke?

Fucking hell, you are a dark horse babe.

I used to, thats one bad habit I managed to kick forever (well 3/4 years and counting!)

so, basically, what you're saying is you need some poon :heh:

Haha! I guess that's one way of looking at it ... :p

girlfriends are shit, you need a fuck buddy.

... but then, on the other hand, while sex is indeed a strong driving force, I also really want the emotional side of a relationship. It's surprisingly not as simple as me having an obsession with sex (though I'm sure I have that as well) - I'd say I'm obsessed with love.

My addictions:

- Orange lucozade (Only orange)

- Cupcakes/fairy cakes/Muffins

- Hoodies (I used to have 30 hoodies as part of my wardrobe, I had to get rid of them all and force myself to stop buying them, so now I have 5/6)

- Books

Obssessions

- Probably questionablecontent.net it's a webcomic that I refuse to stop looking at when it updates every weekday.

- Facebook, as much as it pains me to admit it and having it on my phone for free doesn't help

- Spotify, I wish I'd never found the damn thing, but it's so helpful that I wouldn't be without

- Switching everything off before bed, I refuse to go to bed in my own flat/house without everything being switched off, except my desktop. I don't know the explination for it.

I'm unfortunately very boring..

• 2 weeks later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!