Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

If You Were In an RPG Game What Powers or Abilities Would You Have?

ReZourceman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be that bookish wizard-boy character you pick up about a third of the way through and joins you on your quest but has absolutely no storyline of his own to speak of. You know, that guy you had to buy the strategy guide just to get him stop dying all the time before he could do anything useful. Eventually you just lump all your healing spells with him for conveniences sake. Was probably getting inappropriately touched by his mentor/uncle before you turned up.

I'd be that bookish wizard-boy character you pick up about a third of the way through and joins you on your quest but has absolutely no storyline of his own to speak of. You know, that guy you had to buy the strategy guide just to get him stop dying all the time before he could do anything useful. Eventually you just lump all your healing spells with him for conveniences sake. Was probably getting inappropriately touched by his mentor/uncle before you turned up.

So, basically every mage in fire emblem ever?

Probably the Elf from Heroquest, one magic specialty and a big sword. Balanced, but still pretty strong.

Magic specialty would have to be Illusion from the Elder Scrolls series - night eye, light, invisibility, chameleon, charm and provoke (or whatever it was called).

I like playing a good character, or a magnified version of my own personality: quick to remedy any injustice.

Essentially. See also: Tales of "X" games.

Was thinking gaggle64 sounded more like Edward from Final Fantasy IV!

Essentially. See also: Tales of "X" games.

STFU! Fire Emblem mages pwn j00! :heh:

Speaking of Fire Emblem, I'd be the tactician for Tactic RPGs. Even for the games that don't have one as a character.

If I was a villan, I'd be that recurring boss that consistently tries to defeat the hero, only to be shot down at every turn (though giving good experience to the hero). In other words, Jr. Troopa from Paper Mario.

If we are basing it on personalities and life skills, experiences and such, I would determine myself to be a Mage.

A mere clothie, he has taken many a beating and found much ill fortune. He has waited long and hard to build power, where others parade it around not knowing it's worth. Considered wise by others, but really has as little clue as they do. Calm and reserved. Poeple don't fuck about because they know they'll have a motherfucking blizzard on their hands.

If I were in a game, I would love to have an amaaazing twist, where I help the main character throughout...but at the last minute it is revealed that I am infact the villain of the game.

It would kinda be similar to Trevelyan/Sean Bean's twist in Goldeneye, hehe. Playing villains just seems more fun. My ability would be the ability to confuse your enemies, so that their attacks hurt themselves. Mindfuck! Yeeees. It's kinda like the Confusion Pokemon move. Actually...it is the Confusion Pokemon move!

Either that, or I would be Frog from Chrono Trigger. Broadsword plus other coool swords, but I think he has tremendous courage. :)

Why has ReZ not posted in his own damn thread?

As for me, I'm still undecided, as I'm not massively into RPGs even though I've played a few, but they're all a bit...varied really. To approximate to characters I can think of, maybe that Kimari dude from the only FF game I've actually played. Only less blue and furry. I'd be that strange fellow you pick up in a bar with a mysterious past, not much of a magic user if at all, but loyal and good at what I do, with some element of a beserker side, and in things on my own agenda, but in a good and moral way(ie not me over you). Either that or I'd be that total spaz who's really useless, except for like 2/3 times in the whole game when I'm massively helpful by accident, or something. Kinda like how I imagine Luigi, I'd be Luigi.

Can I be that character that always blocks that square you need to pass by because the hero hasn't met a certain condition even though the hero could just punch me out of the way?

mido.jpg

'You shall not pass!... wait is that a sword? ah shi... go on then.'

:D

I'd be a knight, except I'd have a cricket bat instead of a sword and pads instead of armour. I'd drink tea to restore HP and lager to restore MP. My special abilities would include "drinks break" and "tea break".

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!