Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Social Networking Sites

Kirkatronics

I hate facebook, I don't see why people at my high school that hardly talked to me suddenly decide they want to add me and chat to me. Fuck off.

I have myspace because of the music and alot of dread makers are on there. Other than that I tend to stay clear.

I do however also use iam. Iam is part of bmezine which is a piercing/tattoo modification website. It's somewhat similar to myspace but there's alot less ''be my fucking friend, I have 1000000 friends''

I don't have any of them! :o

My Space scares me, I haven't really got a clue what Bebo is and Facebook is evil. :p

I guess I'm not very sociable? I just don't want another way of highlighting the fact that I have very few friends. :)

I can think of 2 people I could add on Facebook if I had it, so there is no point as I can speak to them on Msn. :D

This is me too...I hate them. I think they mostly apply to ppl trying to 'look' dangerous/sexual/content/cute and sound better than anyone else. (Which is pretty much what (at times) I feel society as a whole is all about.) It should be renamed to "face-trumps" (parp) as everyone tries to outdo each other with the 'how many friends, how fit, how rich am I' cards.

I miss the good old days when you thought "Man I wonder what that first date is up to". Now it's "click...WOW SHE GOT UGLY, and who is her mate?! And she's out in (insert pub here) on Friday, hmmmm, I may ACCIDENTLY bump into her."

Imo social networking is an easy way to get laid. yes, I officially hate all social networking sites. Meh. Old grump.

This is me too...I hate them. I think they mostly apply to ppl trying to 'look' dangerous/sexual/content/cute and sound better than anyone else. (Which is pretty much what (at times) I feel society as a whole is all about.) It should be renamed to "face-trumps" (parp) as everyone tries to outdo each other with the 'how many friends, how fit, how rich am I' cards.

I miss the good old days when you thought "Man I wonder what that first date is up to". Now it's "click...WOW SHE GOT UGLY, and who is her mate?! And she's out in (insert pub here) on Friday, hmmmm, I may ACCIDENTLY bump into her."

Imo social networking is an easy way to get laid. yes, I officially hate all social networking sites. Meh. Old grump.

Awesome. :awesome: I thought I was the only one left! I've seen many people get lost in Facebook this year alone and they haven't been the same since! :p

As for wanting to know what people I used to go to school with when I was 8, I don't really care. If I didn't keep contact with them then there must have been a reason for that. :)

Also I've tried contacting someone I used to know before we were like best friends and it was awkward as the years had turned us into completely different people.

I hate facebook, I don't see why people at my high school that hardly talked to me suddenly decide they want to add me and chat to me. Fuck off.

I agree with this point and I've tried to convey this to someone at school but they are so deluded!

A person they know takes the mickey out of them at school or completely ignores them and doesn't like them at all. yet they want to be added on facebook? MADNESS! even worse is that they get added.... :blank:

I just don't understand why. Another thing is getting random emails from people I don't know! (a bit scary) saying add me on Facebook. I don't have it!!! >___<

I think one day the inevitability of me having one will come. but for now no. : peace:

Facebook for me all the way. Apparently they're bringing out a new version soon which puts all the applications into tabs - so they don't load when you go to stalk.. go on someone's profile.

I have a MySpace that is slowly rotting away too.

I use Facebook, it's a pretty good way of keeping in touch with your mates, especially when you're away from them. It's great for organising big events, or parties. I sorted out my 21st Birthday House Party on the book of Face, and it did make things a damn-site easier than personally inviting each person one by one.

Funny enough, I've taken a hell of a lot more photos since obtaining facebook than I have throughout most of my life. Its a great way of storing them. :)

Yeah I don't understand that. People who didn't have time for me when we were young suddenly want to add me as a friend...but still never talk to me. The only thing that has come about is I've found out everyone is getting married and having kids >_<

Or to quote lyrics: "old classmates please drop all your pens dont write a word cause i wont reply and im not bitter, no its just ive passed that point in my life"

I use Facebook, it's a pretty good way of keeping in touch with your mates, especially when you're away from them. It's great for organising big events, or parties. I sorted out my 21st Birthday House Party on the book of Face, and it did make things a damn-site easier than personally inviting each person one by one.

Funny enough, I've taken a hell of a lot more photos since obtaining facebook than I have throughout most of my life. Its a great way of storing them. :)

unless you're using high megapixel images-they get screwed over by facebook's quality reduction.

good for social snaps, like.

Yeah I don't understand that. People who didn't have time for me when we were young suddenly want to add me as a friend...but still never talk to me. The only thing that has come about is I've found out everyone is getting married and having kids >_<

Or to quote lyrics: "old classmates please drop all your pens dont write a word cause i wont reply and im not bitter, no its just ive passed that point in my life"

Someone who Id never even spoken to tried to add me. Id literally only "seen her around" and didn't even know her name. Seriously WTF. People just wanting to pretend they have a ridiculous amount of friends fo sho.

I've got Bebo and Facebook which I use regularly.

I don't go adding people myself, but if someone does add me who I know in real life (only accept a certain few internet people now) then I'll accept the friend request. It's a great way of keeping in touch with people and seeing what they're doing, even if you never do actually talk to them.

I'll also add people who I meet out randomly, for example last month I was at this thing at my local church and started talking to this girl and when she had to go she asked me if I had Bebo so I gave her my page. Admittedly I haven't spoken to her since apart from that first night on Bebo, but its still nice to be able to contact her if I ever need to.

I don't use social networking sites and I don't plan to start. Most of the people in my school who use them are chavs anyway.

What I really hated was that Piczo thing (though not really a social networking site but it was used as one). I've made a few websites (though real ones with photoshop, fireworks, dreamweaver and the works) and then everyone who uses piczo is like, "why don't you just use piczo its easier and free and stuff". But you can't make something on it that doesn't look like complete shit. Its all glittery moving text and annoying gifs and stuff like that. So then I made a website for a class project and the teacher made me present it to the class and everyone's asking me if I really made that and stuff. People seem to be idiots these days.

One girl in my old class who uses face-book apparently had pictures of her and her friends pretending to have lesbian sex or something like that on it, and then this kid found out and downloaded them all before she took them off and started blackmailing her with them.