NEurope

Ok. 1...2...3...

I Have No Money!

I'm the proud owner of £4.84 in my bank account. Or rather, that is how much of my overdraft I have remaining. I've got two seperate bills to pay, which altogether come to around £110, and then rent is due next week.

Thank you very much Brighton University for not paying your student teachers to be on placement. Whilst other courses get paid (and rightly so, it IS doing a fulltime job), we also have to pay for our very own travel, which isn't cheap. Sure, you can claim some money back, but here is what you have to do:

- Work out how much it cost you to get to placement each week. In this case, it cost me £41.60

- Then, you have to take AWAY the value of how much it would have cost you to get to uni each day. Oh, that's only about a fiver for the week, right? Wrong. Because it doesn't matter if you only spent 2 days a week at uni, you get charged for all five days.

- So, that's £41.60 minus the value of a saver/return ticket to uni, which is £3.20 a day. So, 3.20 x 5 works out at about 16 quid.

- Not only that, but you pretty much only get reimbursed for about 75% of the overall cost. Great...so whilst we don't actually get paid for being on a full-time placement, we actually lose money getting there everyday.

Whose fucking great idea was this?

Here is your chance to rant about money and how little of it you have. If you've got loads of it, just...just don't even bother. Lemme alone.

Money is power.

The more money you have the more power you have..

You, my feathered friend, have none.

I have none, welcome to the club =]

Oh.. Admission fee time, what a coincidence, its the exact amount in your bank account :D

I only have money because I've got no bills or anything, and I work full time. Therefor, I don't have time to spend my money!

I has monies

I saves them =] but i'm saving for Uni...so it'll be all gone soon =[ then i can join your club?

I'm sick of things being so fucking expensive. My montly rent is (depending on how many weeks are in the month) either £480 or £600!

After tax, i'm on around £1000 a month. Meaning if its a 5 week month i'll have around £400 left. Take £80 off that for food money (£18 or so a week i spend on food at work, which consists of a sandwich, a drink and a packet of crisps normally). I'm left with £320, then theres my food bill outside of work so take £50 off that.

This means i'm left with £270 and then take £30 off for my phone bill. Meaning i'll have £240. Thats it. With that i have to buy clothes, games, take Letty out or whatever other purchases. Thats all fine and dandy, but saving becomes near impossible when i have random out goings some months.

Thats fine... but i'm moving to a new place soon (hopefully) where the rent is £150 a week. 5 week month means my rent will be £750. Looks like i'll be asking for a wage increase if i do move...

I'm sick of things being so fucking expensive. My montly rent is (depending on how many weeks are in the month) either £480 or £600!

After tax, i'm on around £1000 a month. Meaning if its a 5 week month i'll have around £400 left. Take £80 off that for food money (£18 or so a week i spend on food at work, which consists of a sandwich, a drink and a packet of crisps normally). I'm left with £320, then theres my food bill outside of work so take £50 off that.

This means i'm left with £270 and then take £30 off for my phone bill. Meaning i'll have £240. Thats it. With that i have to buy clothes, games, take Letty out or whatever other purchases. Thats all fine and dandy, but saving becomes near impossible when i have random out goings some months.

Thats fine... but i'm moving to a new place soon (hopefully) where the rent is £150 a week. 5 week month means my rent will be £750. Looks like i'll be asking for a wage increase if i do move...

I feel your pain. :(

Seriously, I dunno what the hell is going on with all these bills I'm paying. We have a house account in which we pay money into, such as rent and bills, and then this gets taken. I swear to god we're paying too much. There's random values of 50 pound that get asked for here and there. I think living in a 2 bedroom place last year actually cost me less...don't even ask how.

Currently over £500 into my overdraft and have been for the past 3 years in spite of having a job. Each week I earn about £180/£200 (not much really, it's only £6.60 and hour and about 30 hours a week), which is great. However my intention for this year was to save money in the first part of the year and travel for the second part. This hasn't worked out because a) it took me 4 months to even find a job (turns out a degree means diddly-squat) and b) everytime I save some money something comes along to take it all away again. Take this week for example. I got paid £187, but I have to pay £160 of rent and a £60 bill as well leaving me with -£33 to live on for the week. On top of that I have my main drain on finances of driving tests and lessons. I swear I must have spent almost £2,000 this year on learning to drive and yet I keep failing and the lesson prices keep on rising with the petrol. Still, test number four coming up in July which hopefully I will finally pass, giving me the chance to get a job which actually uses more than 5% of my brain. Also moving back in with parents come August to cut out the costs of council tax, bills and rent.

I have no money and have had no or nearly none since the start of this year.

At my next payday I´m expecting to get near to no money at all because my workplace has retarded method of paying us.

I get paid for working the 15th of one month to the 15th of the next month which means that I´m going to get payed for working the 15 of May to the 15of June in July.

Add the fact that I started working the 11th of June and that I forgot to turn in a piece of paper which basically says that i don´t want the government to subtract 40% of my pay and give it to me in august next year.

So I have no money and at the end of the month I´m getting payed for 4 days of work on top of 40% of it will be takeb by the man.

I earn like £1600 after tax atm (im leaving my job next month) but my bills come to about £1300 a month so with £300 i have to buy clothes for 4 people, car tax, car insurance and any unwanted bills. I never have any money left :(

I did a grands worth of freelance last month, and how much of it did i see? About £550. I was fucking outraged. How dare they tax money that i have worked my arse off for in my own time. It's sick. From that day on i pledged never to do that much freelance ever again. It's not worth it. I can do £500 worth and recieve about £300 of it and it doesnt seem so bad so i'd much rather do that.

My rent is quite nice at the moment as we are living in my g/f's dad's friends bungalow (he hasnt sold his current house yet, and doesn't look likely to ever do so). But yeah, i hate being poor. I have two maxed out credit cards that i'll be able to pay off i dont reckon, and i've been overdrawn ever since i left uni. I just dont earn enough to pay any of it off.

Must repeat... i love my job.... i love my job. It helps :)

i'm nearly pushing the skint boat out, but at least i get job seekers soon. that should ease the pain a bit till i start earning

My rent is £150....per month (live with gf/her parents = whin) and then like phone bill is flex but about £22 per month. Car insurance is....god knows actually I cant remember...under £100.

Im £200 OD, due to holiday though, and dont get paid till Monday = DS ghet.

Lulz.

It's worth following all of the advice on moneysavingexpert.com regarding utility bills, insurance and most other money things. If you can shave all your outgoings down then it makes a big difference.

After tax and bills I have a few hundred left over for petrol food and entertainment, which doesn't ever seem to go very far. I'm not in any debt though, so that's good.

I have £11.24 left in my bank account until I get paid at the end of the month. Woo!

Tax sucks.

The fact all the single mothers get a tonne of benefits sucks.

The fact that salaries haven't changed with the rate of inflation is a fucking piss take.

The fact that people get paied so little is a crime...

I've saved up over 8 grand since March last year :awesome:

:smug:

Its amazing how much money you can save by doing little things like making your own lunch for work, not driving like a complete spacktard. I'll be flat broke by this time next year though.

I has monies. I abused the system and worked 50 hours a week. I am worth, across three accounts, about £10,000. But its all safely locked away in savings and such for my travels next year.

Currently im working and trying to earn £2,000 over the summer to put toward rent next year (which will probably be £300 per month, its the target at least).

I also have no monies owing to god aweful estate agents and landlords and shizz. On the upside my parents are covering for me now, on the downside i have a £2050 overdraft all used up and a £500 credit card on it's way to the max limit.

However, i have 2 weeks of work from monday @ 5.75 an hour, and £350 coming back to me from a despoit. I still need to look for work though since this 2 week thing is in a theatre and there's no regular long running shows till september after this month.

*hefty sigh*

Time to use my Credit Card for a hot and spicy nandos before i march off to work . . . to wear a waist coat . . . *double sigh*

My bank account is currently minus about £750 and I also owe my dad £520 from my skiing holiday in April which was far far far too expensive, but, the Government owe me about £600 for some reason or another. No idea where that money is though, it's been ages since I filled in the tax form!

Not too worried though, I'll get about £250 from work at the end of the month (hardly been working at all) and I'm starting full-time as of July so I should have worked off my debt by the end of July and then make a nice amount during August and September in time for uni.

Just need to cut down on the going out all the time and buying clothes. Nice clothes are far too expensive. I know you can get cheap alternatives from Primark etc but its really not the same. I bought a shirt in Republic for £25 the other day, went into Primary and saw one which was very nearly the same for £7 but the colour was a little bit duller and the material wasn't very nice either.

I have practically no money at the moment, (just a tenner in my wallet and £5 in my account.)

But I'm counting down the days to next Wednesday. When some money will be put into my account. (And about bastard time and all. I did that job a month ago ffs!)

The fact all the single mothers get a tonne of benefits sucks.

I will agree with that if there "that" type of woman. Some women do it to abuse the system and thats wrong but some women find themselves in that situation through no fault of there own.

Its fucking hard bringing up a kid with 2 parents let alone 1.

I will agree with that if there "that" type of woman. Some women do it to abuse the system and thats wrong but some women find themselves in that situation through no fault of there own.

Its fucking hard bringing up a kid with 2 parents let alone 1.

Yeah! My mum is single with 3 kids, and she only earns about £7,000 a year (can't get a well paying job because she has to look after us all the time) - we'd be screwed without benefits!

Yeah! My mum is single with 3 kids, and she only earns about £7,000 a year (can't get a well paying job because she has to look after us all the time) - we'd be screwed without benefits!

You are aware that the reason she works less is because she gets more from the government right?

And theres something to do with the amount of hours she works meaning she pays little to no taxation on her wages. She knows what shes doing :p