N-Europe

Sort Your Life Out

Ashley

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah thanks for the explanation Aimless. Makes much more sense now. ^____^

I'm in college, but college here is on the same level as university. You go to secondary school till you're 18, then you either start working, go to college or university. You can get a degree in both. I think the main difference between college and university here now is simply the courses they offer. And art courses seem to be a college thing.

My parents are kinda pushing me to get my Masters once I finish my Bachelor degree. I'm not yet sure what I want to do though. I kinda feel like I've spent enough time in school institutions already, but on the other hand I know I could use that degree.

But yeah, still have another year and a half to go before I have to decide.

Not wanting to sound emo or generic but I feel pretty much the same.

My life had many different and weird fases, the last 2/3 years were incredibly hard, but they're better now, thanks to my friends, my family, doctors and myself (eh). But it's still hard, I hardly find the will to study, I'm always troubled by a myriad of little things that don't let me rest and my IBS, while under control, still is a wild card in my life that ruins so much of it. In 3 uni years I acomplished nothing (academically) and I still don't know if this is the right thing for me, but I can't see myself going to any other course. However, I really don't feel like a programmer-to-be. I just feel like a slacker without backbone and with some minor (I'm thankful that they're minor, there are people much worse out there) health problems that limit my lifestyle a lot.

For example my friends are going to Japan this summer, which is a dream I've had for so long, but for all these reasons and some more, I doubt I'll go. This just fucks me up, I can't even sleep right when I think about it lol

Add that to the fact that I think I'm turning into a compulsive buyer, I'm a failure at school, social life=0, girlfriends/prospects=0 and you pretty much can guess what goes on in my head. A clusterfuck.

The Tata members ( including myself ) are proud of having a friend like you! I thank you for your words, Don. But the advice I have ( which you already know ) is to basically try to live a happy life with no great pressure. Push yourself everyday, little by little, and things ought to turn good :grin: sports, social activities ( studying with friends, talking to didi:heh: )...gotta try them! Obviously, I'm in the same academic situation as you, but I decided to turn this shit around and even though I don't have any concrete results, I'm quite happy and confident of my efforts if I continue like this! Of course oneself has his own problems and is responsible for his life. It's quite difficult sometimes, but like I say: we are a privileged group of people! we have money, no major health problems, our own life and the most important: I REALLY REALLY REALLY believe we will be responsible for great things in the future! but that is directly related to these years of college, who will dictate our future ( may it sound bad or not :hehe: ).

Conclusion: I really think it's just the problem of finding a goal and trying your hardest to achieve it. :yay:

Guest Jordan

I like how things are at the moment.

Work is usually tough, but i'm gaining alot of knowledge and i hope to get onto the Quality Assurance team some time this year. Which will mean a much greater pay and i wouldn't be sitting on the phone.

I'm thinking about getting my own place, but that basically relies on me getting a promotion, since at the moment i've barely any money at the end of each month. I currently lived in a shared house and i'd really love my own place.

Things with Letty are good (not that she mentioned me or anything :() and I really can't wait for my holiday on the 28th. Going down with Letts to Halifax for 2 weeks to see my folks, meet up with Dom for a few days (really miss him! as weird as that sounds O__o), go to London for a day, go shopping (can't wait *sarcasm*) and so on.

Either way, i've an interesting 6 months ahead of me and to be honest I don't know what my plans are ahead of that. With Letty moving to the mainland, i can't decide if i want to stay here or not. I kinda like it in some respects, plus losing this job would suck ass. But it would mean i'd be living closer to home and i could see my folks more. But thats a year or so away, so theres no real need to get concerned.

Well i suffered what a lot of you are experiencing. I went to college and had no idea what to do at uni so i chose the subject i got the highest AS result in (B maths) and went off to Loughborough uni studying maths. Met loads of awesome people had a proper good time, only had to resit one module out of 12 in the first year, then it all went downhill. Completely and utterly failed my second year :( Didnt have a clue what to do then, at the time i had already entered into a contract for housing for my final year which was a nightmare to get out of, was working over the summer in a pharmacy, living with my mum and was quite tempted to just stay there but i knew i wanted more than that.

In the end i decided to start afresh, do a course i was actually interested in and do some work. So now im studying civil engineering at leeds met, living at home with my dad (bonus is hes paying insurance so i can have a car here). downside is that he wont let me move out for my second year, says he wants me to live at home then he can keep an eye on me and make sure im putting enough hours in etcetc -_- which as you can imagine is the most annoying thing in the world when your almost 21, i cant complain though since he is paying for me to go through uni a second time... o_o

for my first term i averaged 75% though which is a lot better than anything i did at loughborough :P im currently nearly five months into an amazing relationship :) and pretty happy overall, so i guess you could say its turning out alright. will be 25 when i finally graduate though :)

Jeez...i don't even want to go there at the moment! My life has no purpose at all, i'm just existing to be honest! I have a dream, but it's so far out of reach, it'll never probably happen!

My family has had so much bad luck, recently, it's shit.

Well anyway, thats all i'm saying, don't wanna bore anyone...

I tell you whats a true saying though 'If someone or more then one person you know is happy, they couldn't give a shit what is happening to you, but when that person or people is/are unhappy they come running back to you for advice and support'

That's exactly what my area is full off: selfish, heartless *****.

I need some good friends i think.

Guest bluey

*hugs to owen*

bahahah!! i still have no idea what i wanna do for the rest of my life :smile:

when i was little, i wanted to be the very hungry caterpillar...

now i'm 21, i've completed a bachelors degree in graphic design and illustration (which i still find myself having pangs of creativity over~ but nothing strong enough yet to wanna build a career out of) i'm moving to the other side of the world to become an english teacher - probably for all the wrong reasons...

i dont know for certain if i'm staying there for just a year, but i have no clue what i wanna do when i get back!

if teaching is fun, then i guess i'll come home, do a PGCE course at uni ad do that?? but if not - if i really dont know what to do after that, my back up interest/skill has always been... (don't laugh) massage therapy ^__^ i've done a short course in it, it's interesting, i enjoy it.... but still....

i'm taking life as it comes atm :grin:

i dont think i'll get to be the caterpillar though (u____u)~ *sigh*

ericcarle2.jpg

Haha, what a time for this thread.

I promised myself that 2008 would be the best year, after the miserable mess I had last year.

So far, 3 months in, and it's the same shit all over again. I feel so fucking lonely right now, and the only person that can comfort me is the one person I can't have. I've been pleading with my housemate about the situation between us yet she says that we can't be together. It's just like losing the same thing I lost last year, but all over again.

Money is probably the worst it's been as well. I have 25 quid in my bank account, and money is pouring out for trains to placement. Literally, nobody could have written this better, it's the same issues as last year, and in some cases worse.

I think I made a huge mistake coming back after last year, in all different ways.

*hugs to owen*

bahahah!! i still have no idea what i wanna do for the rest of my life :smile:

when i was little, i wanted to be the very hungry caterpillar...

now i'm 21, i've completed a bachelors degree in graphic design and illustration (which i still find myself having pangs of creativity over~ but nothing strong enough yet to wanna build a career out of) i'm moving to the other side of the world to become an english teacher - probably for all the wrong reasons...

i dont know for certain if i'm staying there for just a year, but i have no clue what i wanna do when i get back!

if teaching is fun, then i guess i'll come home, do a PGCE course at uni ad do that?? but if not - if i really dont know what to do after that, my back up interest/skill has always been... (don't laugh) massage therapy ^__^ i've done a short course in it, it's interesting, i enjoy it.... but still....

i'm taking life as it comes atm :grin:

i dont think i'll get to be the caterpillar though (u____u)~ *sigh*

ericcarle2.jpg

Awww thanks, hugs back!

Thing is though, i'm 21 and have no-idea what i'm doing at all, you've at least got some-sort of idea on what your interested in etc..It's so cool you've gone a little bit further down the Graphic design and Illustrations path and have passed more exams on it! I wish i stayed on at school and went further into something i love, then went college or something, met new people, had a laugh! But oh no, stupid me left after A/S levels, and ended up being completely lonely, bored and just totally fed-up and i have some friends, but there so happy! I'm pleased for them of course, but it's not really helping me, to be honest, sounds selfish i know, but they don't fully understand what i'm going through i don't think!

Also i hate bloody CLUBBING!!!! What is the big deal with this?! Thats all my friends seem to do and i don't wanna do it! So no-one asks me out anymore! I'm the total opposite of what they are!

Also, sorry to hear about you Fierce_Link, i've never been in love or interested in anyone, probably never will at this rate!!!! I have hardly any cofidence, self-esteem and being bullied for so long at school has made me paranoid of anyone who talks to me! I wanna change but it's so difficult!

Now i've written out loads, damn it! Oh who cares!

It's ok being interested in people, but it can also be the worst feeling wanting somebody you can't have. I wish I was emotionless.

It's not selfish to feel unhappy either, especially if other people are happy. I keep trying to do something about all this and I keep falling down.

It's ok being interested in people, but it can also be the worst feeling wanting somebody you can't have. I wish I was emotionless.

It's not selfish to feel unhappy either, especially if other people are happy. I keep trying to do something about all this and I keep falling down.

Emotionless ain't that great. Especially when you have to show emotion (friends who are upset, death...stuff like that. Not showing emotion at that is awkward).

The Tata members ( including myself ) are proud of having a friend like you! I thank you for your words, Don. But the advice I have ( which you already know ) is to basically try to live a happy life with no great pressure. Push yourself everyday, little by little, and things ought to turn good :grin: sports, social activities ( studying with friends, talking to didi:heh: )...gotta try them! Obviously, I'm in the same academic situation as you, but I decided to turn this shit around and even though I don't have any concrete results, I'm quite happy and confident of my efforts if I continue like this! Of course oneself has his own problems and is responsible for his life. It's quite difficult sometimes, but like I say: we are a privileged group of people! we have money, no major health problems, our own life and the most important: I REALLY REALLY REALLY believe we will be responsible for great things in the future! but that is directly related to these years of college, who will dictate our future ( may it sound bad or not :hehe: ).

Conclusion: I really think it's just the problem of finding a goal and trying your hardest to achieve it. :yay:

That post filled me with optimistic glee...I could hug you right now. : peace:

I really need to sort my life out and i am scaried of hitting the big age of 24 in next month.

Jeez...i don't even want to go there at the moment! My life has no purpose at all, i'm just existing to be honest!

Kind of the same with me.

I'm pretty sure i've been living a rather destructive existance recently. Like I'm subconciouslly trying to destroy myself by alienating people and being incredibly lazy with my degree.

On the surface it seems quite fun, but there's definately stuff bubbling up underneath. I know that I should work harder at my degree and actively try and turn up, because there's no way I'm going to get a job without it. But I don't want and existance where I just work a boring job, just so that I can have some sembalance of an existance. I'd like to make music or film for a living, something I enjoy at least. But I've become incredibly disillusioned with my ability to create something interesting that I'm proud of. I've even started to think that maybe I don't really enjoy games, film and music as much as I think I do.

I think I'm going about things the wrong way.

Oh. Can't get a girlfriend, etc, etc. Look at me and my depression, isn't it terrible? etc.

I wish someone would shake me and tell me to wise up. I've got no will to live or do anything at the moment... My tech coursework is all unbelievably far behind. I'm giving up on the idea of being any way healthy, i'm regularly having two or three appointments a week these days, and i'm waiting for injectable medication so I can actually do things without being in serious pain

;_;

</emo>

i'm not sure if you even need a life plan.

According to my plan I should have a Masters degree in Earth Sciences and working as either a paleontologist or a vulcanologist. That was the plan evn up to the end of 2004.

Currently I am 23, with 2/3rds of a Batchelors degree which I intend to complete 'in the future' working a 9-5:30 office job as an insurance underwriter. And whats even weirder is that I actually like my job , and am reasonably happy with my life too.

The moral of the story, Mr Ashley, is not to sweat! As long as you work hard at whatever you end up doing, and are generally not a crap person, you'll get somewhere better, and sooner or later be doing something you like.

Sorry for sounding so cheesy!

Haha, what a time for this thread.

I promised myself that 2008 would be the best year, after the miserable mess I had last year.

So far, 3 months in, and it's the same shit all over again. I feel so fucking lonely right now, and the only person that can comfort me is the one person I can't have. I've been pleading with my housemate about the situation between us yet she says that we can't be together. It's just like losing the same thing I lost last year, but all over again.

Money is probably the worst it's been as well. I have 25 quid in my bank account, and money is pouring out for trains to placement. Literally, nobody could have written this better, it's the same issues as last year, and in some cases worse.

I think I made a huge mistake coming back after last year, in all different ways.

Weird I feel the same as yourself right now.

I want somebody that I can't have, *sigh* and he's actually really nice to me which is weird.

I have no money, and my job is well poor. Uni is still unsure whether I'll even get in and college still feels like a dead end.

But am I depressed yet? Not quite. Thankfully! :)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!