Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just a farce. ITV really show how not to make a programme and basically insult their target audience. Well they probably know the only audience they get during the time it airs are thickos.

Probably explains why I watched it.

I've just started watching Dexter to fill the void of all the other drama seasons that ended last week. It seems pretty good, I like how you hear his thoughts/narrative to learn more about him.

Season 2 is immense. I'm glad i stook with it in season 1 as it does take a while to get going. The last few episodes of that season are amazing though as it all comes together. But yeah, season 2 cant be beat - probably some of the best tele i've ever seen, i loved it, and still go back to watch some eps on occasion. Season 3 wasn't so great, but it was still okay.

Party Down - Season Finale

Kristen Bell can be such a wonderful bitch. Although the fact that Party Down (the catering business, not the show) is still going is a miracle considering how incompetent they all are. Plus George Tekai (sp?) is always fun.

"Why are you even here?"

"Imagine you were successful and wealthy and it was your wedding day and you spared no expense to create an enirvonment of beauty and elegence and you showed up. URGH."

"This is unfair"

"Take it up with the God who made you that way"

Flight of the Conchords (2,2)

This was a hilarious episode in which the two leads decided to become prostitutes, Jemaine the keener of the two. Some of the dialogue is beautifully subtle. There's just something that cracks me up about Jemaine's understatements, and Murray often has fantastic lines too.

Primeval (3,8)

I've enjoyed Primeval since it started, and this has been a very lively series. This week, the creatures (giant, rhino-type herbivores) were particulary good, as was their interaction with the scenery. I loved the scenes with them rampaging through the sunny fields. The choreography was also particularly good, with certain characters weaving in and out of them.

The 2nd half was very exciting and dramatic. This series has taken a very sci-fi twist, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't remind me of Doctor Who. I sort of prefer this, though, for the consistency. Great stuff.

The Simpsons Season 6: Homer Badman

My favourite Simpsons episode. It just contains so much goodness it is ridiculous. :bouncy:

Homer_Badman.jpg

SEE YOU IN HELL! CANDY BOYS!!!!!!!

- Marge complaining she has to wear the coat and Homers reply "Well you wouldn't have to if you were willing to sit in a hollowed out wheel chair"

- "I feel like a kid in some kind of a store"

- Lips of a thousand uses. "Well for one it can be a humorous subsitute from your own lips.. two.. oops I'm needed in the basement"

- Gummy Venus De Milo "Zats ze rarest gummy of zem all"

- Frinks Sour Lemon Ball and homers sucked in face.

- "Precious Venus"

- "I can't say the word titmouse with old giggling like a little girl"

- Honestly I'm a decent man *Dressing gown lifts up*

- Homers solution to live Under the Sea

- "Nothing ever blows over for me" - Car gets blown over.

-Homer S. Portrait of an Ass Grabber

-"This is God...frey Jones!"

- Gentleben

- All of what Kent Brockman says and the news report that "Homer Sleeps naked in an oxyen tent as he believes it gives him sexual powers"

Plus Homers response "That's the half truth"

- Rock Bottom Interview "Oh, just thinking about that sweet, sweet candy"

- Grandpa with the US flag. "I'll be dead in my grave before I recognise Mesora"

- Homers apology "Or as some of you wags have dubbed me Father goose" that and him saying those old time bikes with the big wheel are stupid.

- Homer answering the door and the guy in the Penny Farthing Bicycle in the face

- Homers home made Prozac "needs more Icecream"

- Bat and Lisa hugging the TV

- Rowdy Roddy Peeper

and SO MUCH MORE! I could list pretty much everything in the episode.

____

So,

Homer Badman is great! :grin: "Great meaning "large" or "immense," we use it in a pejorative sense"

7 Bears out of 7. :yay:

I caught the tailend of the Hollyoaks Omnibus this morning as my mom had it on and I was fiddling around with holiday stuff. Anyway. They had a lame 'take'(?) on The Breakfast Club. It was so very very lame I laughed. But then that's Hollyoaks all over anyway.

dex.jpg

Anyway

Better off Ted

Pretty standard sitcom fare. It doesn't really break any boundaries but is enjoyable. A fair few of the jokes come from the premise itself; based on a large worldwide company and their R&D team. Jokes about the uncaring/often stupid way in which business as such are run are some of the better. Like in one episode someone is accidentally removed from the system and rather than reboot the whole system (which will be too costly) the company make him reapply for his job involving application form, interview etc so as not to break rules. Or in another the company want to make people feel like individuals and decorate their cubicles, but rather than risk potentially offensive decorations they assign personalities (cat person, sports fan, space lover or classic car devotee) to each person.

Plus it has Portia de Rossi who is always great. I just wish they were growing toward a Ted/Veronica relationship as emotionally closed women; always fun.

Oddly the show has been renewed for a second season but rather than air all 13 eps from the 1st ABC have aired 7 and will make the other six the first part of season two...

Buffy Series 1 - 7

I've watched every episode over the past few weeks, and I love this show so fucking much. Most definitely my fave tv show ever, and I'm sure nothing will ever surpass it. It's mix of action, drama and endless amounts of humour just cannot be beaten.

Anya becomes a regular. Literally, some of her lines have me crying with laughter. She's just so unaware at how offensive she is, it's amazingly endearing. Such as:

Anya: I like you. You're funny and you're nicely shaped, and frankly it's ludicrous to have these interlocking bodies and not... interlock. Please remove your clothing now

Anya: Can I exchange the children for more money?

Anya: *Singing a rock number* Bunnies aren't as cute like everybody supposes. They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses, and what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway! BUNNIES! BUNNIES! IT MUST BE BUNNIES! .....Or maybe midgets?"

Fave Episodes:

Once More With Feeling

Buffy the Musical? Buffy, and Musicals merged into 45 incredible minutes of television. Cannot think of anything better (...Ok, maybe if there was a musical episode of Gossip Girl. Maybe. :p)

Hush

One incredibly freaky episode of Buffy. Basically all of the episode has the entire cast not talking, due to everyones voice being stolen. (so these fucking creepy guys can take out your heart without hearing the screams. They float just above the ground and have eyes. Scary eyes. Eurgh). The way they manage to portray the terror, the confusion and all the other junk without actually talking is fantastic.

The Wish

Alternate universe moment, where willow etc are vampires and there is no Buffy. When vampire willow comes onto good willow, I laughed so much. Willow's "....and I think I'm kinda gay!" line is one of the best in the entire show.

Two To Go

Willow goes uber end of the world bitch insane, and after already skinning one of the trio she goes after the other two and decides to end the world to end her pain. The idea is so much more realistic than it sounds. I mean, if you had the power she did, and the person you loved most in the world had been tragically killed, you would want to do the same. When Xander says "I love you will. I love you. I love you Will" is could have been entirely cliche, but somehow it comes across as the complete opposite. She just needed to realise if she ended it, she would lose everyone else she loved too.

The Body

I won't lie, this makes me cry everytime I see it. Sarah Michelle Gellars acting when she discovers her mum dead on the sofa is fucking incredible, and so damn touching. I like how it shows her from finding her mum, to seeing her being taken away in one continuous cycle. There's no cutting to other characters, it's just Buffy attempting to come to terms with whats happening on her own.

Edited by Slaggis

YES

I actually just clapped and span in my chair, in reference to the end of the Wolverine & The X-Men episode, Shades Of Grey.

I'm stunned yet love it. I never even knew yet I should have. COME ON YOU FUCKERS!

*calms down*

Sarah Connor Chronicles - Pilot

So I actually bought this DVD many months ago but only gotten around to watching it. I liked it. Shame, another good show i've gotten into that doesn't last.

DAMN YOU FOX!!11!!

Buffy Series 1 - 7

I've watched every episode over the past few weeks, and I love this show so fucking much. Most definitely my fave tv show ever, and I'm sure nothing will ever surpass it. It's mix of action, drama and endless amounts of humour just cannot be beaten.

Anya becomes a regular. Literally, some of her lines have me crying with laughter. She's just so unaware at how offensive she is, it's amazingly endearing. Such as:

Anya: I like you. You're funny and you're nicely shaped, and frankly it's ludicrous to have these interlocking bodies and not... interlock. Please remove your clothing now

Anya: *Singing a rock number* Bunnies aren't as cute like everybody supposes. They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses, and what's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway! BUNNIES! BUNNIES! IT MUST BE BUNNIES! .....Or maybe midgets?"

Fave Episodes:

Once More With Feeling

Buffy the Musical? Buffy, and Musicals merged into 45 incredible minutes of television. Cannot think of anything better (...Ok, maybe if there was a musical episode of Gossip Girl. Maybe. :p)

Hush

One incredibly freaky episode of Buffy. Basically all of the episode has the entire cast not talking, due to everyones voice being stolen. (so these fucking creepy guys can take out your heart without hearing the screams. They float just above the ground and have eyes. Scary eyes. Eurgh). The way they manage to portray the terror, the confusion and all the other junk without actually talking is fantastic.

The Wish

Alternate universe moment, where willow etc are vampires and there is no Buffy. When vampire willow comes onto good willow, I laughed so much. Willow's "....and I think I'm kinda gay!" line is one of the best in the entire show.

Two To Go

Willow goes uber end of the world bitch insane, and after already skinning one of the trio she goes after the other two and decides to end the world to end her pain. The idea is so much more realistic than it sounds. I mean, if you had the power she did, and the person you loved most in the world had been tragically killed, you would want to do the same. When Xander says "I love you will. I love you. I love you Will" is could have been entirely cliche, but somehow it comes across as the complete opposite. She just needed to realise if she ended it, she would lose everyone else she loved too.

The Body

I won't lie, this makes me cry everytime I see it. Sarah Michelle Gellars acting when she discovers her mum dead on the sofa is fucking incredible, and so damn touching. I like how it shows her from finding her mum, to seeing her being taken away in one continuous cycle. There's no cutting to other characters, it's just Buffy attempting to come to terms with whats happening on her own.

I heart everything about this post. Buffy is up there as one of my most favourite shows.

Angel as a puppet = win.

Buffy was good - the episodes you name are all excellent, but they're also all the excellent episodes that Buffy had. Averaging less than one a season... But still more than most TV shows, no doubt!

No way. I missed out a fair few. I mean, there's Tabula Rasa , The Gift, Chosen, Normal Again, Becoming (Both parts) to name a few. Then Villians and Grave, which go with Two To Go as the final three episodes of Season 6. And all of those are up there with the ones previously mentioned, no doubt in my mind.

God, season 6 was amazing. Cannot believe they mananaged to keep the show up to such a quality, only one season before they ended it (on a total high I might add)

I do love Buffy but I think as an overall show, Angel was better

I've never seen it, I've never even attempted to watch it. I know I should considering how much I love Buffy, but it's just I hated Angels character so freaking much.

Edited by Slaggis
Automerged Doublepost

I've never seen it, I've never even attempted to watch it. I know I should considering how much I love Buffy, but it's just I hated Angels character so freaking much.

I actually did aswell when I first watched Buffy, he just gets a hell of a lot better in the series, they all do. Wesley the most though.

All of Wolverine & The X-Men series 1.

Expected this to be crap, and the first episode or 2 weren't amazing, but it weaves such a a rich tale, taking from all aspects of the X-universe, with elements used and fused together excellently. I mean, if someone told me that 27 episodes would effectively cover

Days Of Future Past, The Phoenix Saga, The Five In One, Genosha (and it's fall), Rogue's change of heart affiliation wise, Angel's transformation into Archangel etc

,I'd expect the end resulty to be a mess. But, despite some bits needing fleshed out really (in particularly the aforementioned Angel situation, and some characters not getting enough limelight, like Iceman and Storm, it moulded together perfectly. Liked what the did with Emma Frost in particular, and definitely the decision to make Genosha and it's rulers, like Scarlet With and co, proper characters that have development.

I thought the ending was sad too, considering they'd tried to avoid obvious death thus far. Felt appropriate though.

I'd give it an 8 from an X-Fan's point of view. A complex and compelling story, with only a few filler episodes, and for a show named after Wolverine, it wisely didn't focus totally on him, since the wholly wolvey centric ones are definitely the saggy ones in the story, like the pointless one where he fights the Hulk.

Buffy Series 1 - 7

Fave Episodes:

Once More With Feeling

Hush

The Wish

Two To Go

The Body

I'm working my way through Season 5 now, tis most pr0. I love some of Anya's lines too, just taken from last night's episode I watched:

*After serving someone at Giles' magic shop with a smile*

:) "Now go away"

The Gentlemen from Hush are, I concur, most creepy.

BuffyGentlemen.jpg

I need to see Wolverine and the X-Men. I might buy Hulk VS today actually....would quite like to see it and I've been paid so....

I wonder when the box set is actually out. They have ordered another full season Paj, btw.

I've seen the first 2-3 episodes (whilst tipsy/drunk) and enjoyed it but wasn't wowed. How does the rest of the season compare and how does it compare to Spider-Man Speccy. :)

---------

Also WOW @ Retro. Thats a high score. I gave the finale 10/10, and cried at that, so if you give that 11 and say you tearathonned.....it must be pretty heavy. Looking forward to tomorrow now.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!