Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Wallace & Gromit: A Matter of Loaf and Death

This seemed to pop up out of nowhere. I had no idea they were making another Wallace & Gromit short until this morning.

Not quite as good as The Wrong Trousers or A Close Shave due to the slightly lacking plot (which seemed to make it feel a lot shorter than TWT and ACS) but still pretty awesome. Lots of great moments and some really cool references.

ALIENS (Don't worry. W&G doesn't go Indiana Jones on us. I just mean that it references the film in a really cool way)

8.5/10

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 Rock - Reunion

Yeah...I don't think I will ever go to my high school reunion either. Episode summed up in two awesome quotes:

"Man I wish I had a Princeton reunion right now so I could rub it [promotion] in Michelle Obama's smug face."

"We all have ways of coping. I use sex and awesomeness."

Wow. Well, it's all over now. I don't quite know what I'm supposed to do with myself, now.

Looking back over the 5 seasons it's hard to really select a best or worst season. For realism the Hamsterdam stuff and the fake serial killer perhaps worked against it, but they served to show the whole good/bad mirage anyway.

Lots of deaths. Yeah. Lots of ...woah, did that just happen?! stuff. McNulty's character was strong again. Lack of Prezbo was a shame, though. Newsroom stuff added another angle to the city, but the characters weren't padded enough, and didn't really have any significance besides showing that the usual asslicking and corruption we've seen on the streets and in the police exists elsewhere too. Beurocracy fucks shit up, yo.

Certainly one of the best shows I've seen. This, Carnivale, Deadwood, Six Feet Under... HBO are awesome. Not sure what to watch next, though. Some people suggest The Shield but I'm not so sure. Perhaps I'll re-download the first season of Wire and start all over again! The "fuck.." scene was rarely topped.

You know you want too. It may not be the most intelligent/sophisticated bit of tv out there, but it's 40 minutes of damn good fun nonetheless. It's rather ironic that the "overtly sexual" adverts (That had there not been a big uproar about them I would never have seen) that parents wanted banned (Thee characters are only 17) actually made me give the show a try.

gossip_girl_promos_jpg.jpeg

Do it. Now.

Ach, I hate you now. I ended up watching 4 episodes over the weekend. Stupid addictive show. Now I watch this, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy... I must surely now be classed as a girl.

Ach, I hate you now. I ended up watching 4 episodes over the weekend. Stupid addictive show. Now I watch this, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy... I must surely now be classed as a girl.

No, no, no. Housewives is utterly immense, as is Gossip Girl. Pure fun, nothing more. Greys (though I've only seen a few episodes) is rather good (Plus, it has explosions in, so it's manly. You know I'm right).

Still, keep watching, it gets even better. The last few episodes are pretty damn brilliant.

Desperate Housewives was quality again last night. Very impressed with this season. Love Dave and his evilness/charm at the same time thing. Great story for this episode in itself too with the flash-forward at the start.

Completely agree. Such a good episode! The series has been pretty great so far, so hopefully it keeps it going until the finale.

Heroes - can't remember the episode name...desperation? perhaps...'Our Father' apparently

Meh

Although if they kept this crane shot in it may have been a bit better but it was cut (spoilers for 3.12)

Chuck - Chuck vs the Delorean

Always a nice 40 minutes of television. Plus Anna was back, no tv show is complete without a sassy asian nerd.

Gossip Girl - Oh Brother, Where Bart Thou?

Always nice to see someone crash and burn (even if they are kinda mirroring Logan Echolls...but postmodernism and that). Comes to something when this show manages to have more substance than Heroes :p

How I Met Your Mother - The Fight

Everything you could want; Horny Robin and awesome continuity references (sandwiches=weed and the seven layer salad). Oh and carving a turkey with a freakin' lightsabre :D

Well yesterday I gained control of the remote at school and switched on some Cartoons. :D

Ben10

This was just funny, some random 10 year old kid turned into a giant flame monster when he pressed a button on his wrist and then gets completely owned by this other guy and then a train comes.... then it was an ad break and I never found out the conclusion.

3 Bears out of 7

Mr Bean the animated Series

Pretty funny but obviously nothing on the real Mr. Bean. Passed 10 minutes not bad. :)

3 and a half Bears out of 7.

Pokemon Battle Dimensions

Epic. Anything with giant scary hippo's in is an instant win for me. (see Moomins) This episode Dawn's squirrel thing got eaten by the hippo and tries to escape but is stuck inside him and the hippo is legendary and keeps burying himself underground and no attacks can harm him. Also Butch and Cassidy, Jesse and James rivals appeared again which was nice to see. :grin:

4 Bears out of 7. It lacked a Munchlax.

Pushing Daisies - The Legend of Merle McQuoddy

Olive Snook is made of win. Junior P.I. In Training de Jour. The fact she got personalised raincoats for everyone (hers had Olives, Ned's had pies and Emerson Cod had fish) was just awesome.

And nice dramatics with Chuck/Ned. Plus some cutely twee coupleiness.

No, no, no. Housewives is utterly immense, as is Gossip Girl. Pure fun, nothing more. Greys (though I've only seen a few episodes) is rather good (Plus, it has explosions in, so it's manly. You know I'm right).

Still, keep watching, it gets even better. The last few episodes are pretty damn brilliant.

Lols that is true. The Grey's with the bomb in stuck in that guy (Im assuming thats the episode you were referring to) was pretty amazing.

Anyways I ended up spending the majority of my time off ill watching the entire first season, so

Gossip Girl Season One

Great fun. It was quite weird when at one point it looked as though all 3 of the Humphreys were hooking up with all three of the Van Der Woodsens but they sorted that out.

Amazingly addictive.

8 / 10

Battlestar Galactica Season One

Fucking amazing start to finish. Even things from episodes that seemed a little pointless were brought back toward the end. I can't fault it, and thus I award

10 / 10

Peter Kay's Pop Factor thing.

Fucking shit. One or two chuckle worthy moments, especially in the vignettes introducing the characters but I'm of the opinion that spoofing is the lowest form of comedy. Takes very little talent to send up pop culture, that's why there are loads of those god awful films out there like Meet the Spartans.

May have been passable if it was half as long.

2/10

Chuck - Chuck Versus Santa Claus

Festive and angsty, and a lot of Die Hard-ness. Fun times :)

How I Met Your Mother - Little Minnesote.

Awesome 'burn' by Marshall at the end, and Barney turning classic Christmas songs into smut. :)

Prison Break once more was outstanding. Excellent production, great story and good actors. 9/10

Desperate Housewives finale was good too, but didn't really feel like a finale. They had the fire last week, i guess that was the big thing, but there are still many un-answered questions which is annoying and many storylines still half-complete. Still, some interesting things happened and i cant wait for it to return next year. 8/10

Weeds Season 3 had a crazy cliff-hanger to answer to, and it sort of just reduced the situation and made it easier to deal with. The first seven-or-so episodes were crazy piled upon crazy, and there were some really good stoner episodes, but from what I remember about the end of the season it kind of tailed off and didn't end with much of a bang. Great show, though. The characters are always interesting and there's lots of humour there. Still feels like Desperate Housewives for some reason, though. Too many pretty people, or something.

mmm... Mary-Kate...

Prison Break once more was outstanding. Excellent production, great story and good actors. 9/10

Desperate Housewives finale was good too, but didn't really feel like a finale. They had the fire last week, i guess that was the big thing, but there are still many un-answered questions which is annoying and many storylines still half-complete. Still, some interesting things happened and i cant wait for it to return next year. 8/10

Technically it wasn't actually the "finale" so to speak though was it? It's just that the break in America whilst Christmas is here means they have to stop it half way through.

Still, loved it. :D

--

Also I heard they are planning on making the show 9 seasons, rather than 7! *Jizm*

Technically it wasn't actually the "finale" so to speak though was it? It's just that the break in America whilst Christmas is here means they have to stop it half way through.

Still, loved it. :D

--

Also I heard they are planning on making the show 9 seasons, rather than 7! *Jizm*

NO...WAY!!! 9 seasons of Desperate Housewives? Woo-hoo! I love that programme, it's so bloody awesome!

Screenwipe

this week's show is about kids tv. It's rather brilliant. Contains:

a demolition job on Lazy Town

the most horrific thing I've ever seen- a public access puppet show of Christian anti drug propaganda for children

Charlie Brooker presenting kids TV

and a genuinely moving tribute to the work of the late Oliver Postgate to end on.

great show. Watch it now on that link you won't regret it.

Screenwipe

this week's show is about kids tv. It's rather brilliant. Contains:

a demolition job on Lazy Town

the most horrific thing I've ever seen- a public access puppet show of Christian anti drug propaganda for children

Charlie Brooker presenting kids TV

and a genuinely moving tribute to the work of the late Oliver Postgate to end on.

great show. Watch it now on that link you won't regret it.

Second this, go watch.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!