N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching weekly (more or less, being forced to watch streams makes it difficult to watch some shows)

Lost, House, Stargate Universe, Flashforwards

Catching up on

Skins, NCIS, CSI: New York

Waiting To Start Again

The Tudors, Firefly, 90210, Caprica

Want to catch up on

Gossip Girl(mid s3), Heroes(mid s3), The Shield(6?), Life(mid s2), Smallville(lost track of what season I was watching), 24(5-6 ep in s8), Startgate Atlantis(s4, to expensive to buy), One Tree Hill(mid s7)

Want to start watching

Big Bang Theory

Want to start watching(again)

Veronica Mars, Firefly, Battlestar Galactice, Dead Like Me.

Wishing had never been cancelled

Firefly, Dark Angel

Wishing was fucking cancelled already

One Tree Hill, Smallville

Edited by Tales

Watching Weekly: Stargate Universe, Chuck, Smallville, LOST, Supernatural, Bones, V, Human Target, Doctor Who, 24

Catching up on: None

Waiting to start again: Lie To Me, Dexter

Want to catch up on: Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, 30 Rock, The Office US

Want to start watching: None at the moment

Wishing had never been cancelled: Angel, Firefly, Stargate Atlantis, Arrested Development

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: If I wish a show was cancelled then I dont watch it so dont care

Watching Weekly: The Simpsons, Family Guy, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Cougar Town, Gossip Girl, South Park, Community, Doctor Who.

Catching up on: Two and a Half Men, Hannah Montana, 30 Rock, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, The Hills, American Dad.

Waiting to start again: It's always Sunny in Philidelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Snog, Marry or Avoid, Peep Show. (not sure if they will)

Want to catch up on: House, Sex and the City, Desperate Housewives, True Blood, One Tree Hill, Heroes, Shameless, 90210, 24, Buffy, Dollhouse.

Want to start watching: Big Love, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, Firfly, Weeds.

Wishing had never been cancelled: Arrested Development, The Simple Life.

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: Alan Titchmarsh.

Yeah I made that bigger than it needed to be as a bit of a reference for later. :D Not sat down and thought about it before.

Watching Weekly: Nothing really, I suppose Brothers and Sisters, but I watch it at my leisure after it's aired. I guess that counts though.

Catching up on: Angel, and I will start Big Love properly soonish.

Waiting to start again: Nothing really.

Want to catch up on: How I Met Your Mother. The Wire too.

Want to start watching: *shrug* "Want" is the wrong word. I'm going to try out True Blood.

Wishing had never been cancelled: Arrested Development

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: Heroes. Unless it already has been?

Speaking of;

Angel Season 3 "Billy"

Nice to know what the

guy Angel brought back from hell did, kinda anticlimactic though, I assumed he'd be a major player. I like how Lilah is getting more developed slowly, and Cordelia's speech to her was stun.

I hope they keep Wesley assumed guilt intact in the next episodes, that would be good.

P.s I love Jin from Lost being in it.

Watching Weekly: Lost, Desperate Housewives

Catching up on: Gossip Girl, and am greatly enjoying it. Also Flashforward and Caprica

Waiting to start again: Peep Show, Inbetweeners, Top Gear

Want to catch up on: The Wire, as in the boxsets

Want to start watching: Big Love, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Dexter, Firfly, Weeds.

Wishing had never been cancelled: Firefly, natch. And Flashforward also, assuming it does get tossed aside

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: Glee, because people always play me the soundtrack and I'm scared I'll start to like it

Facejacker:

Much better than fonejacker. Whilst that's not saying much, it was really funny, and there's a lot more hit than miss in this show. I laughed out loud with a friend multiple times, a response fonejacker never really managed.

8/10

Watching Weekly: Castle, Chuck, Stargate Universe, Doctor Who, V

Catching up on: Nothing.

Waiting to start again: Caprica, Human Target,

Want to catch up on: Nothing

Want to start watching: The Wire, The Prisoner, HIMYM,

Want to re-watch: Firefly, Battlestar Galactics

Wishing had never been cancelled: Firefly, Pushing Daises, Dollhouse, Drive, The Inside, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Stargate Atlantis

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: The Simpsons

Facejacker:

Much better than fonejacker. Whilst that's not saying much, it was really funny, and there's a lot more hit than miss in this show. I laughed out loud with a friend multiple times, a response fonejacker never really managed.

8/10

Haha, I watched it and had tears in my eyes at some parts.

"How many bacon rolls are you wantings?!"

Hahahah.

One thing, though. I really didn't enjoy the Art Guy part of the show, and I thought the WMD show where he went to buy the doovde was a bit flat. The rest of the show, mainly the drive-through stuff, was gold. Loved it.

Also: "What issss...your Mother's Maiden name, sir?"

Watching Weekly: Lost, Fringe, FlashForward, House, South Park, COMEDY RAINBOW.

Catching up on: Nothing.

Waiting to start again: Caprica, Dexter, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Peep Show

Want to catch up on: All the shows I want to start watching...

Want to start watching: 30 Rock, US Office, True Blood, Firefly, Twin Peaks, The Prisoner, Mad Men, Sopranos

Want to re-watch: Six Feet Under, Lost (Once the season is over), Alias.

Wishing had never been cancelled: Alias. Or at least I wish they'd have let them finish that fifth season properly. ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT.

Wishing was fucking cancelled already: Glee, Heroes

Oh and the latest House would have been a 'mehhhh' if it wasn't for the introduction of picnic tits. House's date for their dinner together was very ROFL.

EDIT: Just watched facejacker too. Wow. So much more funny than I was expecting. Excellent. FOUR MORE BACON ROLLS!.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

Watching weekly

Trauma, Smallville, Greys Anatomy.

Catching up on

Gossip Girl

Waiting To Start Again

Friday Night Lights

Want to catch up on

Southland, Bones, Chuck, Supernatural, One Tree Hill.

Want to start watching

Fringe, House, NCIS: LA.

Due South, Star Trek Enterprise, Everwood, The OC, Jericho, Alias: As long as the writers who did season 5 were shot first..

CSI, Desperate Housewives, Jersey Shore, True Blood.

Edited by Jon

Watching weekly

Lost, Fringe, V, House, Stargate Universe, Ashes to Ashes, Doctor Who, How I Met Your Mother, The Cleveland Show

Catching up on

None

Waiting To Start Again

Lie to Me, Torchwood, Heroes, The Inbetweeners, The Big Bang Theory, Family Guy, American Dad

Want to catch up on

Bones

Want to start watching

None (Just started watching V)

Star Trek: Enterprise, Stargate: SG-1

Glee

Watching Weekly: Lost, FMA: Brotherhood, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory, The Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, US Office (when it's on).

Catching up on: The Pacific.

Waiting to start again: Entourage, Curb your Enthusiasm.

Want to catch up on: 24, Peep Show.

Want to start watching: Sopranos, The Community.

Want to re-watch: Nothing currently.

Wishing had never been cancelled: Arrested Development.

Wishing people would stop bitching about: The Simpsons. Still great.

Wishing was cancelled already: Don't like it don't watch it.

Due South, Star Trek Enterprise, Everwood, The OC, Jericho, Alias: As long as the writers who did season 5 were shot first..

God, I feel you there, though to be fair, I don't think it's the writer's fault. They'd planned a full season long story arc for season 5 but the show got cancelled really suddenly. With 5-6 episodes suddenly missing they didn't have enough time to fit everything they'd planned to do in the final hours so really changed stuff about. Which is why Season 5, especially the back half, sucks.

God, I feel you there, though to be fair, I don't think it's the writer's fault. They'd planned a full season long story arc for season 5 but the show got cancelled really suddenly. With 5-6 episodes suddenly missing they didn't have enough time to fit everything they'd planned to do in the final hours so really changed stuff about. Which is why Season 5, especially the back half, sucks.

True, it was basically a different show though, with a totally new cast. You've gotta blame Jennifer Garner for the shortened season as she decided to go do Womanly stuff.

The whole Vaughn is dead but isn't dead until we need more viewers later in the season was shit. One of the best part's of the show was those two and all of sudden he's gone for the whole season bar like 3 episodes.

Edited by Jon

Man, forgot about caprica. Only watched the pilot from, like, a year ago.

Been sessioning How I Met Your Mother and... it's too good. Honestly. I'm actually starting to laugh outloud with every episode. Barney in the car as Ted gives him a 'driving lesson' had me in stitches! And the general narrative is so damn clever I wish I'd done a different course just so I could write essays about it.

Last ep before bed last 'night' was How I Met Everyone Else (s03e06) after saying to myself "ok, just one more" after Moving Day (s02e18!). The wedding episodes were so awesome, and of course I had to hear the end of Barney's "LEGEN--".

Generally speaking, do people generally have favourite seasons, or think the show is getting better/worse/dying now?

It's been odd- the series has tended to shift away from Ted towards Barney this year which is good...for a bit. There's been a couple of weak episodes but the latest ep this week was easily one of the funniest ever. It was absolute gold.

Ted is the heart of the show. It's never funnier or more compelling than when it's about him. Except when it's about Robin's singing career.

Actually Sparkles needs to make a comeback. It was alluded that something would crop up at the start of the season and still nothing. Hmm...

Anyway. Yeah. Initially they were really mythological but then it soon became clear this could be going for quite a while. People's responses vary. Personally I'm fine with not seeing the mother. I presume she'll only be shown in the last episode so I hope that's a while off.

Its still a great sitcom that plays with timelines and expectations etc. Makes great use of the 'unreliable narrator'. Does it less so now than it did in the first two seasons but great nonetheless.

Plus fun games to play. But ummm...drunk or kid? etc

re: Happenstance. Yeah but I hope they stick to their guns and don't just throw them together right at the end and have it as a crazy twist (although would be hard to explain that one...)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!