Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate The Last TV Show You Saw (Spoiler Tags for Recent US Shows!)

Slaggis

Dexter Season 4 Finale

HOLY SHIT! That entire episode was just intense. Lucky escape when he was in Trinity's house though, wonder if his family are going to mention him at all when questioned? REALLY hope they think about that at the start of next season.

Rita DIED?! Shit! I didn't expect that, I mean, I obviously thought Trinity would take a pop at her but that Dexter would get there in time to stop him. No way did I think she'd actually die! Holy sheeet! Rita could be pretty annoying but dude she'll be missed.

I'm guessing next season Deb will move in with Dex to help with the kids etc... A serial killer and a Detective living in the same house? Come on, that's way too cool and loaded with possibility for it not to happen! She's gonna be way more wise to his late night outings and always using work as an excuse though. Especially now she knows how his brother turned out...

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to watching these recorded from last week.

Spooks

Starting to get all political again. The Yank chick being more of a baddie than was already know, but they had dragged that out for so long you could see it coming weeks ago. You got to see her tits, so it wasn't a total loss.

True Blood

"I'm a shape shifter."

"Shut the fuck up."

Greatest start to an episode of something I've ever seen.

Something they mentioned but didn't really cover, how do they make vampires in True Blood? Because just biting someone doesn't seem to work. Although that's what Bill did at the end, do you have to do a proper gobblefest?

Finally got round to watching these recorded from last week.

Spooks

Starting to get all political again. The Yank chick being more of a baddie than was already know, but they had dragged that out for so long you could see it coming weeks ago. You got to see her tits, so it wasn't a total loss.

True Blood

"I'm a shape shifter."

"Shut the fuck up."

Greatest start to an episode of something I've ever seen.

Something they mentioned but didn't really cover, how do they make vampires in True Blood? Because just biting someone doesn't seem to work. Although that's what Bill did at the end, do you have to do a proper gobblefest?

Firstly you have to be completely (almost) drained of your human blood and then drink the vampires blood that bit you, in order to become a vampire.

Also I think you have to be buried underground for a while to complete the transformation. :)

Firstly you have to be completely (almost) drained of your human blood and then drink the vampires blood that bit you, in order to become a vampire.

Also I think you have to be buried underground for a while to complete the transformation. :)

So a pr0 gobblefest, then a flip reverse gobblefest... This universe is tricky.

Dexter Season 4 Finale
HOLY SHIT! That entire episode was just intense. Lucky escape when he was in Trinity's house though, wonder if his family are going to mention him at all when questioned? REALLY hope they think about that at the start of next season.

Rita DIED?! Shit! I didn't expect that, I mean, I obviously thought Trinity would take a pop at her but that Dexter would get there in time to stop him. No way did I think she'd actually die! Holy sheeet! Rita could be pretty annoying but dude she'll be missed.

I'm guessing next season Deb will move in with Dex to help with the kids etc... A serial killer and a Detective living in the same house? Come on, that's way too cool and loaded with possibility for it not to happen! She's gonna be way more wise to his late night outings and always using work as an excuse though. Especially now she knows how his brother turned out...

I can't believe what I just saw. I need therapy.

Dexter Season 4 Finale

I can't believe what I just saw. I need therapy.

Good Fucking Lord. :o

The American Office Seasons 1 - 3

I really enjoyed this. Season one was nothing to write home about, but seasons 2 and 3 were exceptionally good. A great cast of supporting characters, a likeable lead and some genuinely funny scenarios made this very watchable and amusing.

My second favourite American comedy series after the utter brilliance of Arrested Development.

8/10

Ugly Betty- Latest one

Wow, was quite an awesome episode. Reminded me a little of the older Ugly Bettys. I thought Matt was being a bit of an a-hole at first and then I really felt sorry for him at the end. Great episode, hope the next one is like this.

8/10

Srsly? Better Off Ted... I don't think I managed to get past the first three episodes. Never raised much of a smile...

I think it works better if you've worked for a long time in a big company.

Veronica: "We have no plans to go green."

Ted: "But that's not what the company advert says, it says it dreams of being completely green."

Veronica: "Exactly, and how many of your dreams are you actively pursuing?"

(paraphrasing)

Reminds me of Woolworths.

Anyway.

Dexter Season Four Finale

kec22o.jpg

The ending I thought may happen, just little hints along the way. But how it happened and what will happen because of it. Holy fucking shit. I mean really, fuck!

The previously on had me thinking "oh fuck Debs is going to find out about Dex!" and she kinda did. But I didn't expect them to do that, and kill of Rita. I hope next season picks up from where this finishes (or at least flashbacks). Those poor kids. They better enjoy the happiest place on Earth because they're coming back to Hell.

Although it interestingly mirrors the book in some regard, or at least could. In the books Dex begins to 'train' Cody, and considering everything he's been through. Damn.

And of course the chase through the whole episode. Its amazing how they've managed to keep preventing the inevitable without making it seem dragged out. Was that the place where Dex had his crash in the season four premiere? Intentionally, or is that just a strip of road near the studio they can use?

And Debs. Wonderful motherfucking Debs. Jennifer Carpenter killed the scene when the FBI came in to take over. Just her voice alone really sold it.

October 2010 please?

And Razz, funny you should say that. Jennifer Carpenter said the same thing.

1 > 3 >>>> 2 IMO. Havn't seen 4.

The American Office Seasons 1 - 3

I really enjoyed this. Season one was nothing to write home about, but seasons 2 and 3 were exceptionally good. A great cast of supporting characters, a likeable lead and some genuinely funny scenarios made this very watchable and amusing.

My second favourite American comedy series after the utter brilliance of Arrested Development.

8/10

Yeaaah its awesome. It really maintains the quality through the later seasons too.

Must catch up with Dexter. I hear 3 was meh.

How good are each season, ordered? (2 seems far superior to 1 from what I've seen)

I'm in 3 v_v It's pretty meh. Season 2 was half as good as Season 1, and Season 3 is half as good as that. It's only hearing that its gotten better again for Season 4 that means there's a chance I'll try again to wade through it.

In my opinion it goes

4 > 1 > 2 > 3

3 had an interesting idea but it really got dragged out way too long. Some of the mid season episodes were practically indistinguishable from each other. Season 2 lacked a big season arcing baddie but was otherwise pretty good. Lithgow totally rocked season 4 though. Such an awesome villain.

I'm glad Rita died now as Dexter really lost his dark side this season though it was more than made up for by Lithgow's Trinity. They needed something major to happen to sort of 'reset' his character and get him back killing. And unfortunately Rita's the reason he was losing his darkness so had to go.

:(

Season Four really is quite incredible. There are six huge WTF moments I can think of and several times where it made me uncomfortable to watch. Which says a lot after four seasons.

Some of the things I was thinking of above;

Dex's car crash.

Lundy and Debs shot.

Arthur has a family.

That Thanksgiving scene.

Christine is Arthur's daughter.

Arthur's abduction of a child.

Angel and Moria get married.

Christine kills herself.

Just thinking about some of the implications is interesting. What will happen to the kids? They could be shipped off to their grandparents (sans Harrison) but they're going to be quite damaged now. They're still young enough to remember their father and what he did. Will Dexter be a suspect (even just initially)? How will he talk his way out of the fact Trinity went after him, or will he try and say it was a random happenstance? If the Mitchell family discover the news will they piece two and two together? If anyone I could see them bringing Jonah back, his relationship with Dexter was interesting and he is most likely to be 'forgiving'. Will the FBI still be continuing their search for Trinity? (and it would be amusing if they do as MMPD were very close to catching him, the FBI sweep in and in the public eye appear to have fucked it all up) Will Debs blame herself for Rita's death? She has a tendency to blame herself for everything and she could think Trinity was going after her family and starting the cycle (Rita does kinda fit into the bathtub MO, granted more jumper but still, when one blames themself they seldom see the logical) with her. How will Dexter live with the guilt? If he'd only killed Arthur sooner... Will Rita be his new...Light Passenger? etc

Watching the scene when Arthur is on Dexter's table. Obviously Arthur knows Rita is lying dead but Dexter doesn't. I wonder if that's what he meant by "God led me to you", his smarmy way of blaming Dexter and/or God. His talk of "this is God's plan, you have to accept that" is interesting, almost as if he's trying to say Dexter should accept his wife's death as the work of God. The song they play is actually kinda fitting for Dex and Rita too. "I'll give you all the love I can give, as long as we both shall live."

"You're like a child."

"A child with a big knife."

I think Rita will be one of the victims.We did see the start of a new cycle after all (though I agree, she doesn't fit the bath MO that well)

*really* interesting set up. I'm anxious to see how it goes from here. I like the idea of Rita being a passenger I have to say.

Culturally Defining Television in the 00’s

Comedy

The Armando Iannucci Shows (2001)

The Thick Of It (2005)

Kenny vs Spenny (2002)

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (2005)

Arrested Development (2003)

Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2007)

Peep Show (2003)

Trailer Park Boys (2001)

Nathan Barley (2005)

The Office (2001)

Extras (2005)

Kath & Kim (2002)

Outnumbered (2007)

The Colbert Report (2005)

Drama

Angels in America (2003)

Band Of Brothers (2001)

The Wire (2002)

Doctor Who (2005)

Six Feet Under (2001)

Lost (2004)

Misfits (2009)

Breaking Bad (2008)

Torchwood: Children Of Earth (2009)

Reality

The Apprentice [uK] (2005)

The X Factor (2004)

Masterchef Goes Large (2005)

Children’s

Shaun The Sheep (2007)

Something Special (2007)

In The Night Garden (2007)

The Sarah Jane Adventures (2007)

Dick & Dom In Da Bungalow (2002)

Factual

Coverage of 9/11 & 7/7 attacks (2001 & 2005)

Planet Earth/Life In The Undergrowth (2006/2005)

Newswipe (2009)

The Genius Of Photography (2007)

The Power Of Nightmares (2004)

Others

Eggheads (2003)

Charlie Brooker’s Screenwipe (2006)

Euro 2008 (2008)

The Death of Mike Baldwin [Coronation Street] (2006)

Discuss.

Edited by killthenet

I don't think I've heard of half of those.

I've watched three of those (as in regally, I've seen a tiny amount of a few others). Doctor Who, Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures.

...really? Wow, you guys need some pop culture.

Good (great in places) list. where from?

Good to see [you put] The Armando Iannucci Shows on there. My brother got that on DVD 'bout a month ago and it was just brilliant. It was really underlooked when it was on back in the day because of 9/11, but it's not too late to give it a look. RECOMMENDS!*

*Normally this is when I put 'Roostophe Recommends', but you buggers don't call me that, now do you? So no point, really.