N-Europe

Flink!

Spee-Babur household...has there been developments we have not heard of? :p

Also, I do a teacher training class now. It does appear to be just about how to shut the buggers up.

Haha, nooo. Well, we might take a mortgage out on a treehouse. That would be sweet.

Helpful hint: Stickers! Use them! Kids love them.

You lucky fuck! The closest thing we had to a "celebrity" was the chap who wrote Captain Corelli's Mandelin, and I don't think I shook his hand [i wouldn't have cared]

...well, he is our Chancellor after all :)

I say our, but I am now only a member of the alumni! Le sigh.

:heart:

--

Today I had the worst migraine ever. Actually had to go home sick from work o_O

now for chippy to cheer me up!

Hope you feel better soon :)

BTW, what does a migraine feel like? As daft as that sounds. When I was on my flight back from Tokyo I had a sudden horrible pain around my eye socket/temple which felt like a drill going into it. I chalked it up to the 18ish hours without fresh air.

However in the last few weeks I have gotten it a few times in a milder form. Its in the same place, and usually only lasts a few minutes but still. Concerning. And I've never felt like I've had a migraine before so was wondering if thats what it was, or if it might be something else.

Guest Captain Falcon

Hmm... for some reason, web sites keep on rejecting my debit card for payment yet I have no trouble at ATMs with it. All I'm trying to do is spend my own money. Now I'm going to have to go to an actual shop and interact with people *shudders*. I guess I'll also need to speak to someone at the bank to find out what they're playing at.

At first I thought I'd maybe mistyped the card number but a second attempt this evening has seen it rejected again. At first I just thought it was the other site being weird but having tried and failed on two, it must be the card.

I only got it in July because of suspected fraud attempt on it even though I was able to verify all the transactions for the 2 week period they quizzed me on.

And with working tomorrow, unless Tesco sell it, I'm going to have to wait until Saturday before I can get to somewhere that will.

Hope you feel better soon :)

BTW, what does a migraine feel like? As daft as that sounds. When I was on my flight back from Tokyo I had a sudden horrible pain around my eye socket/temple which felt like a drill going into it. I chalked it up to the 18ish hours without fresh air.

However in the last few weeks I have gotten it a few times in a milder form. Its in the same place, and usually only lasts a few minutes but still. Concerning. And I've never felt like I've had a migraine before so was wondering if thats what it was, or if it might be something else.

Not daft at all! To explain it simply its feels like your brain dying. Connections drop/fade for a period and your body stops working.

Extreme head pain, feeling hot, and like you neeeeeed fresh air, eye pain, eye failure (seeing funny stuff like flashes, double vision, tunnel vision, no vision - lol.) dizzyness, lack of concentration, nausea, tinitus, pain like nothing on this planet. I get so much pressure building up in my head that I am constantly vomiting. Even when there's nothing there :(

Its definitely easy to work out when you have them, because its not just a headache like everyone seems to assume.

If you are worried, there are some (expensive) over the counter remedies -fucking £7/8 for two doses, pffft.- or go to your GP. =)

I used migraleve (you get pink and yellow, pink is initial, and yellow is to take as a secondary a few hours later - I only ever needed pink so its good to start on that. Its decent and doesn't cost the earth like others I've seen..)

---

so today I desperately tried to recover from the above, as I had my swine flu and seasonal flu injection today. woo! They were both sore as a bugger, and i have to go again in three weeks to get another! Damn immune system!

:bouncy:

Guest Stefkov
Yesterday was massive eventful. In the morning I was sitting around waiting for my new 42" telly to arrive, when it occurred to me that I didn't have a stand big enough to put it on, so I dashed out and bought a cheap one from Argos. All this before meeting my family and going to my graduation, at which I shook Professor the Lord Robert Winston's hand and walked away with a BA Hons.

A little part of me regrets leaving Huddersfield Uni because at graduation I'd get to shake Patrick Stuarts hand. At least I think I would have done. Not anymore though.

Today I went to the Job Centre, bottled it cos I didn't know what to do, and I was tired, and went on those machines looking for jobs. Came quickly back to my flat, I was getting very depressed being in that place.

Anyone got advice as to what I have to do to sign on in that place? pm plz.

...well, he is our Chancellor after all :)

Ooh, you lucky bugger. Apart from Bill Bryson (Durham), I can't think of a better Chancellor at any Uni...

Robert Winston is also a Council Member at Surrey, so, if he still holds the post in three and a half years time (yes, I have a damn long course, I'm currently in 2nd year) I'll also get some hand-shakage off him too at my graduation.

What did you graduate in?

(english studies, Fish)

Congrats, Shorty! Fully deserved. Here's hoping I finally follow your footsteps and shake the great man's hand myself, next year :P

Today = 9 hours on coach, arrive hour late to meadowhall, not Sheffield station, thus arrive 90 mins late to meal at bestrestaurantinsheffield, but enough lamb left, then two pints, then home to a disgustingly poor reception from my housemates, none of whom even tore their eyes away from the TV. I'm actually, literally dismayed with them all. No courtesy. Time to play mind games with them.

House/UF/FNL as happy-builder/flaggelation, then work at 10am, with a maybe-trip to HGNLAW's for therapy.

My mum said that I should go back on the dole. Madness.

EDIT: Yeah HGNLAW = totally friendzone. I am Jack's lack of surprise. She's now telling me about some dude she gave her number to. I am Jack's lack of self-esteem.

I am Lack.

Bah, wasted most of my evening away sitting around doing nothing - just couldn't find the motivation to do some work, so irritating as I have so much to do at the moment!

Haven't properly posted on here in ages, but alas, nevertheless, it warms me to be able to read all of your antics on a daily basis! Anyways, time for some Marxist theory and then bed!

Good night all! (muchos loving yada yada, xxx)

Woop! It's Friday. Sure, I have a lot of orders to send out, and someone is claiming that they haven't received something (they chose to have Next Day Special Delivery then they weren't in the next day), but I'm having a pretty funny hagggling against someone for something that is £1.99 on eBay.

Them: £1.10

Me (disgusted): £1.95

Them: £1.30

Me: £1.93

Them: £1.50

Me: £1.91

I wonder if they get the message yet.

I also had to set up my boss' new iPhone. First of all, there were absolutely no instructions for putting in the sim card in any of the booklets, so I had to Google it (using a paper clip to get to it? Seriously?) and then it told me that I needed to connect it to iTunes to set it up - which would be fair enough for the iPod parts, but it's a stupid thing for the phone. No phone should require plugging into a PC to set it up.

The POP3 emails were also a pain to set up, and I had to bypass multiple error messages for no reason. The keyboard is also very unresponsive and confusing as it's different for different things - the . and @ are there for entering an email address, but the . isn't there for entering the server. It's very bad keyboard design when you have to go to another screen to do a full stop. Plus I couldn't close the keyboard to scroll down easily.

Plus, the inability to use a stylus is mind boggling.

If I was given the choice, I'd definitely stick with the Nokia 5800.

Ah been so busyyyyy.

Had an exam for my teacher training course yesterday, which I studied for quite a bit over the week (especially compared to the few hours my friend spent on it =/ ). I think it went okay though, yay! Did mean I didn't get much sleep but oh well.

Then yesterday I've also been super busy doing the final touches on a project outside of school, which should hopefully be printed today. I spent 95 hours on it, probably more than I spent on school work this year haha.

Met up with three old friends yesterday. Went to the new house one of them has with her husband (and soon there'll be a baby too). It's a nice house, though they're completely renovating/rebuilding it so there's lots of work left. Meeting up with these friends is always a bit weird as all they talk about is their work heh. I usually don't say much as school isn't interesting to talk about. =P

Stayed up until past 2 am (think I went to bed close to 4 probably) making cards for school. Only ended up with one result though. Supposed to go meet up with course mates to select the best cards to sell (to raise money for our school trip), but honestly can't be bothered to go all that way for half an hour of meeting up.

I also had to set up my boss' new iPhone. First of all, there were absolutely no instructions for putting in the sim card in any of the booklets, so I had to Google it (using a paper clip to get to it? Seriously?) and then it told me that I needed to connect it to iTunes to set it up - which would be fair enough for the iPod parts, but it's a stupid thing for the phone. No phone should require plugging into a PC to set it up.

The POP3 emails were also a pain to set up, and I had to bypass multiple error messages for no reason. The keyboard is also very unresponsive and confusing as it's different for different things - the . and @ are there for entering an email address, but the . isn't there for entering the server. It's very bad keyboard design when you have to go to another screen to do a full stop. Plus I couldn't close the keyboard to scroll down easily.

Plus, the inability to use a stylus is mind boggling.

If I was given the choice, I'd definitely stick with the Nokia 5800.

The complaints about having to use iTunes/a PC are fair enough, but ...

I have found using gmail on my iPod Touch a delight.

The keyboard is great for me. You get used to where all the different symbols/numbers are and work up to a decent typing speed.

You can't use a stylus with a capacitive screen. Capacitive screens are better than resistive (which any screen that uses a stylus has). I have yet to think "I wish I had a stylus" whilst using my iPod. Multi touch, on the other hand, I have wished for whilst using a resistive screen.

You can't use a stylus with a capacitive screen. Capacitive screens are better than resistive (which any screen that uses a stylus has). I have yet to think "I wish I had a stylus" whilst using my iPod. Multi touch, on the other hand, I have wished for whilst using a resistive screen.

I seem to hit buttons wrong all the time, even when I'm sure my finger is one the correct button (I can type fine on the minscule QWERTY keyboard on my phone). Plus it's near impossible to use (mainly due to my tiny hands) without putting it down on a table.

Although I do have one question: how do you minimise something and keep it running in the background?

I seem to hit buttons wrong all the time, even when I'm sure my finger is one the correct button (I can type fine on the minscule QWERTY keyboard on my phone). Plus it's near impossible to use (mainly due to my tiny hands) without putting it down on a table.

Although I do have one question: how do you minimise something and keep it running in the background?

You don't. It's an oft requested feature.

Had job interview today. I think it went well. Some of the old Sainsbury's Gringos were as anxious as I for a potential triumphant return of Mr. Boombastic.

"This place needs me if only for the humour" said one manager. Which is 100% true, the place is a graveyard without me.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

I also had to set up my boss' new iPhone. First of all, there were absolutely no instructions for putting in the sim card in any of the booklets, so I had to Google it (using a paper clip to get to it? Seriously?)

Where did you buy it from?

There is an instruction booklet for it, and also a little fancy metal clip that you can use.

My day today consists of working out how to effectively use my study week to do 3 weeks worth of work, post my Seagate harddrive back for a replacement and travelling home for the weekend.

Today I was in a bad mood for no particular reason, just tired I suppose. Then I missed a chance to go to the cinema with awesome-girl, because I said I wanted to go see "Men Who Stare At Goats" and she wanted to see "Christmas Carol". Had I known this, and said that instead, I'd be going with her. Darn.

To cheer myself up, I just learned Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright on the guitar. I do feel strangely better. Guitar playing is quite a good soother. Take your frustrations out on the strings, instead of on a wall or other human.

These past two months I've really wanted to start playing bass again.

I used to love playing bass and at one point was studying it at music college but left and gave up bass for university instead...

I'm just not sure where I can fit it in...

The iPhone doesn't support multi-tasking, yet. For that, grab a Palm Pre with the Android OS. Also, when I bought my iPhone, it came with a clip and instructions for removing the SIM, and on top of that, the guy at Carphone Warehouse offered to show me how to do it before I left.

Got up at about 2. Went downstairs to find 3 of my housemates stirring a massive plastic box full of some sort of alcohol concoction (which I swear was alive). Also opened my presents that they bought for me. It's going to be an awesome party tonight.

EDIT:

11144_335859095542_700505542_9814639_6052189_n.jpg

Edited by MoogleViper
Automerged Doublepost