Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

he worked overtime without pay dude. Its pretty common in retail. Bad enough that a lot of places pay min. wage! I had to stay til half 9 on many many occasions despite being paid until 9pm. Its a disgrace.

It's illegal.

Yeah theres not a chance in hell I'd work without getting paid for it.

my day? found out my job is being cut back from 40 hours to 12. bassicly, my job will be pointless.

there is no curse in the tounge so ents, men or orcs to describe how gutted i am. it might have been a shit job, but at least it was money.

That's a shame... :( There's been a lot of publicity about swine flu not actually being that bad, so I suppose its inevitable really.

*mega hugs*

Hope you get another job soon!

my day? found out my job is being cut back from 40 hours to 12. bassicly, my job will be pointless.

there is no curse in the tounge so ents, men or orcs to describe how gutted i am. it might have been a shit job, but at least it was money.

That sucks :sad: I guess, given the nature of the job, it's inevitable as Raining said but... at least its given / giving you some experience and that will help you in getting another job when the time comes. :)

That's a shame... :( There's been a lot of publicity about swine flu not actually being that bad, so I suppose its inevitable really.

*mega hugs*

Hope you get another job soon!

soon as i need the media to big it up, they start to dissmiss it. they decide to let people go due to lack of demand, yet the past two mornings have been super busy.

thanks, but im not expecting anouther job any time soon, best hope is sending out a million CVs i hate looking for jobs, its soul destroying.

Yeah theres not a chance in hell I'd work without getting paid for it.

Considering your frequency of 9-5 posts I think its the opposite with you; you get paid but don't work. :heh:

Sometimes unpaid overtime is a must. I used to do up to 20 hours overtime unpaid at Game a week around xmas because it had to be done. Although it was outside of store hours (ie no customers) and when possible I sent the temps home.

Today has been average shaped. Although found out my friend is now officially dating the person she was "just kinda seeing" before. Its annoying that I haven't seen her in a month, since she broke up with her ex, when she needed something but there have been several times I've needed her and she's been too busy with this new guy. And I wouldn't mind too much but he's just gotten out of prison for statutory rape and has already given her a few "playful bruises". Just a case of waiting for the episode of Eastenders to happen and probably be expected to be there for her.

People, why do I bother eh? :p

Oh and I thought I should get in touch with the guy in charge of an MA at my old uni I may do come next September (just checking if I can do it if I just build a portfolio as its creative and my undergrad wasn't) and it turns out I emailed him months ago and heard nothing. *sigh*

Also saw some Halal jelly today. I knew jelly was pork-based but never thought about the existence of a halal version. Made me chuckle.

Edited by Ashley

It was my 21st a couple of days ago and I saw the family. Also went for a meal out with them in the evening. I then went out yesterday and bought a couple of jumpers which my girlfriend hated, as is to be expected: I dress like a dork. Today was just annoying and hot; driving into a local town (Britian's fattest town - no joke) which is a nightmare, going to the hospital and waiting for hours for something that could be done over the phone, eating at a fast food place (surprisingly busy for a weekday, oh, wait...) and getting the hell out of there.

I also forgot to use any paragraphs in that post. Oh!

So doctors appointment went well. Had to wait ages to get seen. Disgraceful really :indeed: The doctor didn't seem to actually diagnose what the problem was. She just sort of looked at it, felt it and said 'Yeh, that looks sore'. 8 Years of training and that's all I get. Didn't really matter anyway. Got some anti-biotics to take for the next week to see if there's an improvement and if not, then they'll double the dosage. So, fingers crossed, it gets better :D

So the rest of the day was spent out in town. My mother decided I needed a new coat so I basically tried on the first one I saw, and it's actually quite nice, and she bought it for me. Also found a T-shirt I liked but it was too small. Not that I need any more T-shirts as I could probably kit out a full football team with the amount I have.

Just finished a near-8-hour bonus shift. I've got about three new scars from it, and I've mastered precisely how to avoid doing work every now and then.

Still not sorted my hearing aids out thanks to work stealoring my hours, so I've got to go to hospital tomorrow and at least see if they actually did transfer my records from brighton (as they said they were going to do when my aid broke about 5 weeks ago... but then they said they'd send me an appointment as soon as it was done, so clearly they forgot all about me), if they didn't then I may be forced to wait another two/three weeks for a proper appointment. Awesom. Especially because people at work are, often, a bit oblivious about me even being there. People tend not to bother talking to you until you've spent two weeks working, and people still call me Chris. Mind you, I don't know 75% of their names.

Aside from the life-shrinking world of work? Getting pissed. That's it. Had to miss out on a few nights out (pretty much every night before I have an 'early' start, people are going out...) but i'm gonna rest my feet up and shout at some dweebs on XBL tonight.

My work has just been upgraded to full time. Awesomeness!

Congrats dude :)

DAMN YOU CUBE STEALING CTG'S HOURS?!!

So doctors appointment went well. Had to wait ages to get seen. Disgraceful really :indeed: The doctor didn't seem to actually diagnose what the problem was. She just sort of looked at it, felt it and said 'Yeh, that looks sore'. 8 Years of training and that's all I get. Didn't really matter anyway. Got some anti-biotics to take for the next week to see if there's an improvement and if not, then they'll double the dosage. So, fingers crossed, it gets better :D

woohoo. I don't think doctors like to diagnose stuff anymore unless they have to (or its blates!) but at least they've given you something!

Jay - sounds like your doing well at Argos, good stuff.

Alright day, filing, invoice filling, filing, invoices, statements, filing. I don't mind that its boring work, it saves my mum from doing it, what bugs me is that its EASY work and the woman who usually works there gets alot more money than £50 a day for doing it when I would gladly take the job permanently for that money everyday. It makes me wonder why mum hasn't fired her already and got somebody cheaper, or better yet why the company hasn't. Strange.

Started my tattoo, found the studio, ringing up at the weekend might drop in if I have the time, but otherwise it might have to wait til the week after, Gerry has a massive waiting list, usually the sign of a fantastic artist, his flower work is awesome, plus he's not too far away. Now all I need to do is figure out how to tell my parents I'm doing it. It'll take a good year or so to get this finished let alone started so I have plently of time. Such is the price of large and well thought out tattoos.

Had my interview, it was ok. There are 5 roles and loads of people so we'll see. At one point I said ''£50 Billion'' instead of ''£50 Million'', ha.

Heh sorry, just instantly reminded me of that clip :D glad to hear that your interview went ok Molly. :)

No it's not, as long as you agree to it beforehand.

Hmm, turns out I was slightly wrong.

You can do overtime without pay, however your average wage (including unpaid overtime) can't fall below minimum wage (£4.77 an hour).

Hmm, turns out I was slightly wrong.

You can do overtime without pay, however your average wage (including unpaid overtime) can't fall below minimum wage (£4.77 an hour).

i was on the minimum wage (£4.10 at the time!) and doing extra hours. Probably in the contract somewhere. I do remember them saying anything under 15 minutes over they didn't have to pay (but this was a long time ago)

Today, being Wednesday, is my last full day at home. I shall be packing and heading off to my accomodation tomorrow. I. Cannot. Wait. to get away from this place.

Yesterday I worked for 8 hours getting my last hours in before I leave. Including monday that's about 60 odd quid for both days. Yeah I'm on 4.50 an hour but it's a job in which most of the time I'm sat down sucking on the ice made in the ice machine next to my seat.

Nothing exciting happened today. Nothing at all. 8 hours of literally stood/sat around doing fuck all.

Saw Tori Amos. Was great. Played stunningly random ones, as she usually does, mixing up the setlists.

tori.jpg

Annoying as the pre-show music, Blondie's greatest hits, actually continued playng during the concert, but no one realised until the really quiet solo piano bit where a really sad song was mixed with Debbie Harry screaming. It was soon turned off though. After a surprisingly long time of it running through the song.

Great first time seeing her though.

Just got back from the dentist, had a tooth extracted. I even got a chance to keep it afterwards if i wanted to. At the moment, i got a half numb mouth and cannot eat anything until all the feeling has returned to my mouth.

Wooo I had the dentist earlier too! Just a clean and bite guard check for me though :3

Although the clean was uber painful - wasn't numbed cause I didn't have any major work. >_<

I got offered an interview today at the game/comic/card shop I applied to which is apparently located in my local area. However for the interview I've got to go to Derby which is where their only store seems to be in existence online/anywhere. I told them when I sent my CV I can't drive to/from Derby so would like to be based at the Beeston "store", so how they expect me to get to Derby 10:30 next Thursday is beyond me.

And even if I do get there [which I intend to do] I bet the Local store doesn't/won't exist and it was some bullshit to expand attention on the Job Centre website.

Wooo I had the dentist earlier too! Just a clean and bite guard check for me though :3

Although the clean was uber painful - wasn't numbed cause I didn't have any major work. >_<

The only problem i had was when i was told to tell the dentist if i could feel anything when he pulled it out, i could and before i could tell him the tooth was out. Still got a partial open wound, but at least i can feel my lip/gum again. Can't feel no pain, was advised to take pain-killers asap.

I think he gave a bit too much anesthetic because some of it spilled out into my mouth. Tasted rank.

Matriculation day at Uni for me. Started off well with me sleeping in and having to skip breakfast to catch the bus. :indeed: Thanks for that has to go to my father who was up at 2am and decided that that would be a good time to clean the cat litter boxes, making huge amounts of noise and waking me up.

So, Uni. Went to matriculate with my advisor who I've come to despise after only a 5 minute meeting. We all craft our opinions of people based on the first 5 minutes within which we meet/talk and after 30 seconds I know he was an a**hole. They had misplaced my forms and he didn't seem to care. Found them and sorted things out swiftly and left. Won't be going to him for anything this year. Tosser :p Bumped into my english tutor from last year in the halls and spent a bit chatting with her which was nice as all my friends wouldn't be in Uni for a couple of hours due to how the matriculation is done here. Happy with my timetable though. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday in the Uni and that's it :yay: After all this, I hobbled into town for some lunch, to buy Beatles: Rock Band and to get the bus home. My leg is pretty worse for wear as a result. But hey ho.

Crappy day.

Spent the day filing invoices and inputting stuff onto excel, its extremely dull work, something I would be out of my mind to accept again in the future. But the money is too good to turn down. Ce la vive.

Found out my sister got made redundent, she worked for a credit company, apprently last week they fired 30 offices, trying to get a total of 510 people fired, this week they told her she was safe, then today they told her to get out.

Basically whats happened is each office has 5/6 people - usually, but in recent weeks people have been quitting and each office has about 3/4 people, so they've had to shut more offices to meet the quota of 510 people. Causing my sister to now be unemployed.

Hopefully my dad will get this job this friday and end his 5 months of unemployment and hopefully my sisters skills will get her another job, my sisters worse off right now because my dad can't afford to support either of us.

Sigh, such crap news all the time. I'm constantly tired, too much driving and too much boring stuff going on.

Just one more day then a break. Sigh, I feel bad for complaining about my temp job and I do appreciate the money mum is putting my way because of it, but its really really depressive work.