Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

I am melting from the hot weather.

You bought Front magazine? :o

Yeah! :p

Well I wanted a magazine and I'm trying out all different types. :)

I tried NME few weeks ago and it was only okay plus comes out every week (I think?) so too much money. I don't get movie magazines as I'm not that fussed and gaming mags have all the information the internet has except later!

I've tried FHM, Maxim before, didn't get one with them. So It was Front's turn. Only one I haven't is Loaded. :heh: Nuts and Zoo are trash though.

What's 'Front' Magazine? *googles*

Oh nevermind, it's one of those mags...

Coolness! You bought Front Magazine? :o

Haha I love people's reactions! ^___^ My mum's was great as I bought it "My little boy is all grown up" and "That's a girlie magazine!"

Also the sales assistant..."Are YOU over 18?"

Oh and my dad's reaction when I showed him. MOST DEFINATELY AROUSED! :laughing: but trying to cover it up.

Front Magazine is a bit more than "one of those", it actually has decentish clothes (ie not bench, superdry and all the same old stuff), a variety of music and is written by people that don't feel the need to pun. Its not high quality material but its certainly not smut like Nuts and Zoo.

And hey, they're policy is no fake tits so its all good :p

Is a good policy.

I have to say it is more fun than the others I have read, which is what I wanted. I've laughed several times. It is nothing high brow but it is a bit O' fun and I can see myself reading it as the writing isn't painful to read. :D

Also I don't see what's so shocking about a half naked woman.

Also I don't see what's so shocking about a half naked woman.

Nothing shocking, I was just acting *pretend shocked* at you buying one, anyway glad you're enjoying it Coolness! :)

My life:

Everythings going abit downhill without me evening doing anything,

I'm sorry to hear that nightwolf :( I hope things start to look up for you soon... *hugs*

NightWolf

*Big hugs*

Nothing shocking, I was just acting *pretend shocked* at you buying one, anyway glad you're enjoying it Coolness! :)

Don't worry! Yeah I know. :) That wasn't aimed at anyone!

Having read an article in it, It's good to know I'm not the only one that locks themselves in a cupboard. :grin:

dsc02787a.jpg

i want one. id call him dave and hed be my friend forever.

Everythings going abit downhill without me evening doing anything, told the ex to shove it this morning at 5am because I was sick and tired of being 'his', who needs love anyways?

dont quiet follow, was it the way he was ralking, or treating you, or do you just not like being tied down?

Just got back from Manchester and my hair looks a bit like Bridget Jones when she loses her scarf. Partly because my little car has no AC requiring window openage on the motorway and partly due to the excessive hairspray used last night.

So yep, went to Manchester for my friend's (my friend's sis) 30th birthday party, they'd hired out the top of a beautiful bar, it was pretty stunning. Had a great time, lots of hugging, drinking, loud talking and dancing. My friend did her usual of changing into a completely different person when drunk, but we're all used to it so it was fine. My other friend and I ordered two Caprihinas that came to a total of £15, got our drinks and the barman just walked away. This may not be newsworthy to anyone else, but it was amazing, I never get lovely freebies.

Today, MA hangover. Rested and recouped a bit, then drove to Bolton to see my Nanna. Lovely to see her and also a bit strange as she's in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I was there about 2 hours and she asked me 3 times if I was still at College; it's old age and to be expected but it just threw me a bit. I want to see her as much as possible because there's no telling when she will start to forget who people are. I love that every time I see her she says ''Are you courting darling?'', which always leaves me tongue tied as over the years it's been yes and then no, over and over.

Uhh, then I drove home and here I am eating left over bbq'd salmon.

Front Magazine is a bit more than "one of those", it actually has decentish clothes (ie not bench, superdry and all the same old stuff), a variety of music and is written by people that don't feel the need to pun. Its not high quality material but its certainly not smut like Nuts and Zoo.

And hey, they're policy is no fake tits so its all good :p

I second that motion. Front Magazine is awesome.

Been an okay day, got up late again heh. Been reading through tons of articles and papers so I can get started on writing my own. Gonna write about female characters in videogames and the female customer. Hooray. Though I've had to look at so many fake boobs already while looking for pics. X3

Had BBQ tonight, yummy.

Missing Flinky thoughhhhh. Don't know when I'll see him again and it bugs me. Plus he has no internet right now so boooooh. =(

Oh well. *reads more about the representation of females in games*

My friend did her usual of changing into a completely different person when drunk, but we're all used to it so it was fine.

i wish my friend changin was fine :( every time he gets drunk he becomes a huge prick, have to keep watching him, he ends up in fights, wandering off and generaly being so over the top its hard to belive.

he was left in town to make his own way home, as he usualy is.

Had a pretty good day tbh, decided to play Rock Band, started in the morning playing on the drums for an hour or so - getting better at that now - then guitar for most of the afternoon and finished up with some singing, make a setlist was fun One Step Closer , The Hand That Feeds, Go With The Flow and Spoonman.

Spoonman was a pretty decent and challenging song to finish on Expert, I think I might check out some more Soundgarden too as I liked what I heard. :)

Had a Pizza sandwich for dinner which was win, and am now watching Night of the Museum. never bothered to see it before but thought I'd give it a go seeing as it's on TV, reasonably entertaining.

Edited by S.C.G

NIghtwolf; yeah, missed the number opportunity. Saw her again today. She was nice, but too many other people to be genuine with. Of course now I remember that you talk to the people i talk to, and i'm sure you'll find out some gossip in no time.

Sorry to hear about your gran. Knowing it's coming is... just... odd.

Day is taking a humid turn for the worse.

My room is boiling.. and I plugged my fan in and it appears to be dead. So in the time since last summer, sitting on my shelf doing nothing it has managed to malfunction and indvertidly make me sweat my balls off until I get a new one.

Though it may just be like a really old plane, the blades appear to be turning incredibly slowly, maybe a few more minutes and results could be positive.

Day is taking a humid turn for the worse.

My room is boiling.. and I plugged my fan in and it appears to be dead. So in the time since last summer, sitting on my shelf doing nothing it has managed to malfunction and indvertidly make me sweat my balls off until I get a new one.

Though it may just be like a really old plane, the blades appear to be turning incredibly slowly, maybe a few more minutes and results could be positive.

take off the safty cover and give the old plane start!

I feel likeim sat around waiting to go on holiday now, like im in limbo. Trying to make a mental checklist of what to do tomorrow but its pretty much just finish off packing and bung a load of new stuff on ipod then charge everything. To try and make sure I get to bed at a reasonable time I plan to drink a bottle or so of wine. Should do the trick.

Also out of boredom/curiousness/geekery I tried to find out if my seat will have a power socket in case my iPod doesn't quite last 12 hours and it seems that this is what I'll be sitting in. Schwanky. Although those seperated headrests do tend to annoy me.

Guest Captain Falcon

Well my day's being ok I guess.

Started it round a mates house playing poker last night. Never played it before but i think I did alright even if I didn't walk away the overall winner (read: with money in my back pocket). After playing a bit of Mario Galaxy when I got back, I went bed about four and then got up this morning.

Played football outdoors this afternoon... geez it was hot. Normally heat isn't too big an issue for me but even this was beginning to take it's toll after a couple of hours. Got my foot stood on twice by some of the players wearing studs (I was wearing astros) and now my foot hurts and has a massive bruise on.

Not particularly looking forward to work tomorrow, but a job's a job I guess and I should be grateful.

Well I just found my creative writing jotters from when I was 10/11. Fucking hilarious!!! I have to tell you one story that stood out for me (I think the first page is missing, but you get the jist) (Also included strange 10 y/o grammar, word choice etc);

"Prune Shop Destroyed by Mad Scientist and a Mutant Dolphin. 3 Taken Captive, 2 killed!!!"

"Miss Flight always goes to the prune shop before she cycles past!" gasped Thomas.

"That's right dearie," came the reply of his mother.

"I must save her!" Cried Thomas as he mounted his bike and sped into a lamp post.

"Ow."

At Fort Mad Evil Scientist, Mad Scientist was thinking mad and twisted thoughts.

"What shall I use to torture you with my pretty?" He tickled Miss Flight under her chin.

"You will never get away with this, Mad Scientist! It is cowardly to use a mutant dolphin to do your evil doings for you! If you wanted to do the job properly, you should have used a yellow haired yo-Eeeeeek!!!"

A swarm of winged pigs flew around her pointy nose. But she was so tightly bound to the cobweb covered wall, she could not shoo them away.

"Like my newest creations?" asked Mad Scientist. "And thank you for the idea of using a yellow haired yonk, I'll use that for my next attack on the cookie shop! HA HA HA!!!" An evil laugh escaped from his ear.

"Quiet ear," He scolded his ear which had detatched its self and was running manicaly around the feet of the other 2 captives. Mad Scientist whistled and a hairless noodle with legs scuttled to his side.

"Yeth Mathter," it panted.

"Egor, take these captives............to the grotulator!"

The three captives who had been conversing in low voices were ripped from the wall and carried away.

Thomas was nearing Fort Mad Evil Scientist. "Miss Flight must be in there!" he thought. "I must keep going - noooooooo aaaaarrrrgh!" squelch the draw-bridge lifted, Thomas cycled into the moat full of piranhas. They showed no mercy. Thomas emitted a croaky shriek, then sunk into the muddy depths, never to be heard from again.

Miss Flight was led to a large empty room. Empty except for a purple egg, about the size of a chickens egg. The 3 captives were led inside, and shackled to another cobweb strewn wall. Mad Scientists ear laughed Manicaly again.

"This is your doom! This is a yonkle egg. Once it hatches, it will fly into your bellybutton and eat your insides. Good luck.... you'll need it!"

"hahaha!! the ear scuttled away.

"Look!" screeched Miss Flight. She pointed at the Yonkle egg. It had turned a poisonous green and was shuddering violently. A large crack ran down its centre. A strange tingly sound filled the room as the egg cracked open. A trickle of dust shot upwards, hovered for a few seconds then shot for the first captive. It buried into his jumper. He died almost instantly. The dust travelled the next captive and did the same. It turned in Miss Flight's direction, and said "Ha! This is the end for you!" But it squeaked and turned into a rubber haddock.

Miss Flight didn't meet the same end as her friends but she had noone to untie her. The lack of food mixed with the smell of her decomposing companions was enough to make anyone die. So she died.

The end.

Teacher's coment; My word! What an imagination, Lettie!

Genius literature, you're right, we are destined to be together.

So you've got two women on the go and you're complaining about it?

My interpretation [flawed as it may be] was that he actually got the chance to go down on someone, but was thinking of someone else as he was doing it.

Everythings going abit downhill without me evening doing anything, told the ex to shove it this morning at 5am because I was sick and tired of being 'his', who needs love anyways?

Love seems irrelevant in this situation. But I commend you for breaking out of this seemingly constrictive situation.

Grans basically going to die in the next few days, if I weren't so calm I'd believe I'd be in shock, but hey-ho.

I feel that, my grandma isn't in the best of situations, and she lives in Manchester [where my mum hailed from] and I can't get a chance to see her as work is a bitch... Waiting for that call is killing me.

Hot weather = grumpy steph.

I agree with this on a few counts:

1] I can't sleep properly. Heat never really annoys me except at night.

2] The weather is a pisstake during the day going to/from work on le bike.

My body may feel heat but it doesn't connect to my brain. I could wear 3 layers if I wanted to and not feel a thing, but biologically my body sweats. Which is why I must alter my wearing schedule.

At least take solace in the fact your Gran has had a decent innings. Getting that call about someone even younger than yourself is earth-shattering stuff :(

I found copious amounts of alcohol the answer.