Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Yesterday was awful, It started out just like any other day, but then I had a driving lesson in the evening. My teacher is probably one of the worst driving teachers ever. She yells at you if you're a km/h under the speed limit. And is generally quite rude. But yesterday was especially bad. She told me and my driving partner that everyone else had already done all 8 of their lessons and that we were the last to finnish, and that we would be forced to drop out if we didn't finnish by monday (at this point I have two lessons left and they tend to be weeks apart). Now the problem is, she schedules the lessons and so its completely her fault. So neither me or my partner know if we're free on the weekend or not. So she starts getting all mad and saying that we should have to change our schedule so it fits with her schedule rather than being able to schedule lessons when we're free like its supposed to be. She also tries to get us to go for 2 hour lessons which would be nearly impossible to do because of the temperatures she keeps that car at. My parents are planning on phoning the drivers education program after I'm done my lessons to complain about her.

8 lessons?

8 LESSSONS?

seriously... ive had like loads.. and i thought i was going quick

tell him that unless he takes you, you'll elope with flinky. :laughing:

Nooo, eloping with me would not be such a bad thing. I can cook and eat my own food, brush my own teethsssss and I am toilet trained. I'm a fucking paradise compared to most men!

Today has been pretty coolio. I made a lovely Spaghetti Bolognese, and managed to get noooo work done. Might do some before bedbyes, hehe. And, tomorrow is the cutting of the hair day. I hope this time I'm not left almost bald. Almost bald! It's the only time in my life where Dan Dare has had more hair on his shoulders than I have had on my head. Fucking travesty!

Logged onto Xpert Eleven today. I won 5-1, and survived relegation to the Lower League. Hell yeah! :D

Goddamn this game is fun. I have to thank Odders for setting this up. I've now got three teams in other leagues set up. I'm that addictedings, it's so fun. *two thumbs fresh!*

Its funny you should say that I was going to post about how Xpert saved my marriage.

I mean I'm not married but damn its taught me patience, give and take, how to score goals in both nets. I frankly think without it my future wife would leave me. God Bless you xpert even though I am signed up, with a new season coming I feel like creating a new NE account just to sign up again!

8 lessons?

8 LESSSONS?

seriously... ive had like loads.. and i thought i was going quick

It's a little different over there though; pass faster and younger.

And crash more.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa.

*drives off*

Well that wasn't awkward at all.

There were these two girls with us talking about how they always were making out nwith guys they didn't know at all, so I turned round and said (in a fairly sarcastic manner mind)

'Can I just say... Whores.'

One of them just went off on one, it seemed everyone but her knew about sarcasm. I had to actually apologise for being 'a chauvanistic bastard' (Her words).

I mean seriously, by the time you're 19 you know what sarcasm is :/

i got into a right argument last night about monkeys on typewritters producing shakespear.

my friend was all like, "if its infinate, it will happen eventualy"

i was all like "but if its truly random button hitting it won't mirror the english language, as some letters are for more prodominate the outhers"

he got very angry.

what ammuses me was the notion that this conversation had any relivence. its impossible to test.

i got into a right argument last night about monkeys on typewritters producing shakespear.

my friend was all like, "if its infinate, it will happen eventualy"

i was all like "but if its truly random button hitting it won't mirror the english language, as some letters are for more prodominate the outhers"

he got very angry.

what ammuses me was the notion that this conversation had any relivence. its impossible to test.

It's not possible to "test" in any literal sense, but it is unequivocally true. The point is that in an infinite sequence of totally random letters, every possible finite sequence of letters will be present.

It's not possible to "test" in any literal sense, but it is unequivocally true. The point is that in an infinite sequence of totally random letters, every possible finite sequence of letters will be present.

But who says that the button pressing will be random. Perhaps the chimps will be more likely to press the buttons in the middle, or maybe they'll prefer the look of one button more than another.

But who says that the button pressing will be random. Perhaps the chimps will be more likely to press the buttons in the middle, or maybe they'll prefer the look of one button more than another.

Exactly. You guys are making out like monkeys are going to be completely random/unintelligent. They are actually rather intelligent. 98% of their DNA is the same as ours.

Randomly generated letters and chimps typing letters do not equate.

Exactly. You guys are making out like monkeys are going to be completely random/unintelligent. They are actually rather intelligent. 98% of their DNA is the same as ours.

Randomly generated letters and chimps typing letters do not equate.

Well, "typing monkey" is usually just a narrative hook to explain random typing, where each letter press is an independent trial, with probability evenly distributed across all the keys. Of course if this isn't the case, the conclusion doesn't necessarily follow, although assuming there is a chance that each key will be pressed, an infinite sequence will still contain any given finite sequence of letters. Note that while these idealized "monkeys" couldn't literally exist, neither can a infinite period of time, so trying to equate the problem with an exact reality is meaningless. Furthermore, I don't know where you get the 98% statistic from, but it definitely isn't the case for monkeys. The most closely related species to Homo sapiens is the chimpanzee (an ape, rather than a monkey), which shares 95% of our DNA base pairs. And DNA similarity doesn't have much to do with intelligence, which is a pretty undefinable term anyway.

^ lol yeh. Well, not entirely broken. I could get onto the main page of the forum but after that.... Anyways, it's sorted now.

As for what's happening with me, seems I spoke to soon about my reviewing job going down the pan. The guy got back to me yesterday and is going to be sending me a games package of Wii games to play through and write up about. And all I have to do is put some money towards postage and I get to keep all of the games when I finish. Score! Although I bet I get some really crappy games. Think I'm being a bit to optimistic in hoping for the likes of Deadly Creatures and Dead Rising to review. But I'll see what I get. Also have to finish a review for them so that'll take up the rest of this morning.

N-E chooses the worst moments to go offline. Came back from a party last night needing somewhere to vent some stuff, nobody on MSN, NE broken, nobody on XBL. Needless to say I didn't sleep so well last night.

Stupid server swap.

Well, at least everything is ok with N-E now.

Had a good day yesterday, which mainly involved drinks in the evening of sort. Lost in snooker to my mate 2-1, but then whitewashed him in pool 19-2 (i reckon) and one of them games included a 7-ball whitewash (i 7-balled him, 2nd time he's ever been 7-balled and i am the lucky person to do that twice).

Pretty good party last night, at one of my best friends house. However, he went on about how it had to be smaller than last time, so no randoms he didn't know, and none of the year below except girls and the boyfriends of people in our year.

Of course by 9.30 it ws flooded with year below and randoms. So when he decided to refuse people, it was actually people I'm friendly with, in our year that got told to leave. They just aren't in "the cool crew"...

To be fair, had they been anyone else, they would have got told to leave too, but it was the fact that they were being told to leave when people he really didn't want to be there were.

The sole girl in that group recently broke up with her boyfriend (i'm friendly with both), and has since been trying (successfulyly) to become "one of the girls" and still have her actual best friends in that group. So them not leaving a party that she wanted to be at to kinda further her evolution or whatever could be annoying for her.

I went home with her in a taxi, she was prettt upset. Just a bit messy.

Otherwise good party. Saved 3 girls who were trapped ina room after both handles had been broken off, and saw my former best friend for the first time in 3 years, after he was expelled.

Otherwise good party. Saved 3 girls who were trapped ina room after both handles had been broken off, and saw my former best friend for the first time in 3 years, after he was expelled.

My favourite paragraph.

I was in the loveliest state of inebriation at said party. I literally woke up refreshed in the morning.

I have no recollection of about 10 o'clock onwards though. I've been told I tried to seduce Julian Scott (lol). And had jokes with Jennie White.

Feeling sad today. My cat is still missing, and today is actually her birthday (she turns 15 today). I just want her back, but I seem to be the only one in the family who really cares.

Just went for a walk through the fields behind our house, hoping maybe I'd find her there (bit hopeless I know). Our neighbours said they thought they saw her in their garden two days ago, but she never even went that far, so they probably saw our other cat (who is a daughter of the missing cat and looks a lot like her).

I also sent an email to a site for missing pets (took me a while to find a picture) and an email to the local newspaper to place a small ad.

Though I kinda feel like it's all pointless by now... =(