N-Europe

The 2012 Olympics Logo

EEVILMURRAY

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The press are also ripping it to pieces. Apparently it cost £400,000. Well bugger me even I could have done a better job for that money.

£400,000! For three deformed pink blobs! :nono: Oh well I guess it's in keeping with the current theme of the London Olympics.... overspending. At least it's spawned this thread which has provided a few laughs along the way.

Actually, when I first saw it I thought it was meant to be some kind of abstract map of Britain.

I still like the logo.

BUT i actually really love two of the ones sent in on that bbc thing. I hate the hands hugging the logo one, to predictable sickly sweet.

Someone has yet to experience the full horror of the internet.

Olympic Orgniser 1: Where's the guy we made £400,000 to make the olympic logo...We need a refund.

Olympic Orgniser 2: Why's that?

Olympic Orgniser 1: Have you SEEN the logo. It's shit. Everyone else is saying that, too. Where is he?

Olympic Orgniser 2: Last I heard was he was spending half the money on a new identity in another country.

Olympic Orgniser 1: Damn!

Just been reading other peoples comments across the internet and newspapers. I particularly liked this one from Metro:

There have been a lot of critical comments about this logo but I think it does a fantastic job embodying the feel of our hosting nation which is ultimately what an Olympic logo is supposed to do. From the disjointed assembly of parts barely holding themselves together to the sharp hostile edges that clearly have no interest in joining together, it shows that delicate imbalance of one group holding all the rings leaving the rest with nothing and at the same time captures that certain arrogance of failed achievement, all made consistent by the yellow undercurrent that affects all colours involved turning what was once bright and vibrant into a slightly soft and sickly tone.

Oh and:

I've vomited better logos after a night of heavy drinking

from the BBC sports website

£400,000! For three deformed pink blobs! :nono: Oh well I guess it's in keeping with the current theme of the London Olympics.... overspending. At least it's spawned this thread which has provided a few laughs along the way.

Actually, when I first saw it I thought it was meant to be some kind of abstract map of Britain.

I did too for quite a while.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!