N-Europe

General Chit Chat

This is the place to chat about anything!

13157 topics in this forum

1. Eat Me, Drink Me

• 21 replies
    • 1.4k views
    • 24 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 47 replies
    • 3.4k views
  2. Pick a Picture

• 23 replies
    • 1.7k views
    • 70 replies
    • 4.3k views
    • 95 replies
    • 5.3k views
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  3. Help with routers

• 2 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. Naked PC Pictures. 1 2

• 40 replies
    • 4.1k views
    • 52 replies
    • 3.6k views
    • 48 replies
    • 2.7k views
  5. Drinking 1 2 3 4 6

• 132 replies
    • 8.5k views
    • 5 replies
  6. Download 2007

• 7 replies
  7. relationships

• 20 replies
    • 1.6k views
    • 29 replies
    • 2.5k views
    • 48 replies
    • 4.8k views
  8. Summer Jobs 1 2

• 41 replies
    • 3.1k views
  9. ohhi. 1 2

• 33 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 94 replies
    • 6.6k views
    • 26 replies
    • 3.4k views
  10. Dyson

• 5 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 2.4k views
    • 31 replies
    • 2.3k views
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
    • Dragon Sword was also planned for other consoles, and it was in development alongside another cancelled game that I'll be covering. Although N64 cartridge costs (well, a higher up ordering far too many, to be more precise) were a reason for projects being cancelled. Duke Nukem: Zero Hour   NA release: 31st August 1999 PAL release: 24th September 1999 JP release: N/A Developer: Eurocom Publisher: GT Interactive N64 Magazine Score: 90% Considering how censored the Duke Nukem 3D port on N64 was, it’s surprising that the N64 got its own Duke Nukem game, but Eurocom ended up making Zero Hour just for the N64. From the censorship side of things, it works much, much better as things are catered to what Nintendo allowed on the console rather than covering up what was already there – the game even makes fun of Nintendo for their rules. The story this time is that the aliens have travelled back in time to prepare Earth for invasion, causing a zombie outbreak and nuclear war. It’s up to Duke to travel back and fix things. Zero Hour also brings a perspective shift into third person, with the game having plenty of control options, which makes the game feel more modern (except the inability to turn off inverted aiming). Jumping is fairly stuff, but the gunplay feels pretty great. When you’re in the thick of action, the game is great. Enemy body parts come off in a satisfying way and there’s a good variety of weapons to dish out damage with. What does let the game down is the level design. There isn’t a lot of time travelling – you see a post-apocalyptic future, go to a Western town, then Victorian era Britain (you do get to see an airship and Scottish castle) and back to the present for the finale. I feel like some of these could have been shortened to make way for a few more timezones. The levels themselves are also made to torment you. It’s much easier to find secret areas than it is to progress in some levels, due to annoying design, hidden keys, switches that blend into the background and some doors/teleporters/drops that just send you backwards in the level. Sometimes you’ll need to kill all enemies before a door randomly opens, but there’s a significant delay so you’ll often presume it’s one of the many doors in the game that are never used and move on. This brings a lot of frustration, especially as the levels are very long and there are no checkpoints or saves during levels. If you want to visit the secret location (the Titanic), then you’ll also need to find a hidden piece of a time machine in each level. Zero Hour is really good during combat, but in between combat is a lot of aimless walking around in circles. Fun Remake or remaster? A remaster collection of the Duke 3rd person shooters – Time to Kill, Zero Hour and Land of the Babes – would be great. Official ways to get the game. There is no official way to get Duke Nukem: Zero Hour.
    • Figured that was the case, it was just that you mentioned them as a publisher not a developer. I thought you were saying anything they publish sucks. 
    • They only published/distributed the physical releases, well after their original respective digital releases.  They had nothing to do with their development. Anything funded and actually developed under GameMill's tenure as a publisher inevitably ends up being irredeemable rubbish.
    • What about Cruisn Blast on the Switch? They have a hand in that? Apparently it was pretty fun. I enjoyed the Nickelodeon Smash ripoff as well. Wouldn't have paid for it but it was a fun time when I played it on PS+.
    • I've not watched it but apparently it's a slow start that has a fantastic second half.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1.9m