N-Europe

Funny videos, flash games, etc

Cheapshot

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate miming, unless it's necesarry for whatever reason (in a big-scale production with dancing or whatever), and even then, only for minor bits (not whole songs).

So I'm glad Muse did that. But people do/did it all the time. Usually when people mime now, it's out of choice.

Not quite - they were forced to mime the track on TV and have the studio version playing, a common practice which Muse hate. So they switched instruments and played stupidly so that people could tell it was a prerecorded copy. They've done it before, they're on Youtube too :D

I think I mentioned this in the HWYD thread, but for those who missed it (or in case I didn't actually post it there) here is the back story:

The lady in charge of inspecting the prints before they go out brought something back saying that it wasn't good enough. She said that the next person would spot it. My boss said they wouldn't. My boss was so confident that he said "If he notices it I'll..." *pauses to think*"..run around the car park, waving my arms, yelling Julie is never wrong".

And indeed Julie is never wrong:

Nirvana did something similar on top of the pops (but with live vocals).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was also the first ever Stage Invasion that took place on Top of the Pops.

It then happened a few years earlier with Oasis - D'ya know what I mean? :)

That's a bit of music trivia I think. Just tried to research more into it, but couldn't find any further info.

But, that performance by Nirvana is legendary. He later stated in an interview that he wanted to sound like Morrissey. Haha. :D

I couldn't even read through half of those due to the terrible grammar... I know that's the point of it but still, there's only so much American idiocy I can take. :blank:

Agreed. I respect their political views, but I don't respect them being too stupid to argue properly. Comparing Obama with Hitler and Marx? Seriously? They should see how things are in Denmark. To them we must seem like a new Soviet Union.