N-Europe

Universitay!

jayseven

Couldn't find a'other thread...

OMFGTF! I'm off to Sheffield Hallam on the 15th, i am in a room NXT DOOR to Shorty, we've never met but we're about to rock up three years together. I stopped buying GC games about 18 months ago, but since the news of uni beckoned,I've increased my collection from 30 to 40 in about a month.

Shitting myself with the overload of loose ends i'm forced to tie up before i go - borrowed and lent things, banks and loans, work fucking me over with pay (their idea of 'compassionate leave' is to not pay me at all...), and trying to get my head around what exactly it is i'll need for the whole shebang..

I'm going self-catered, i have a minor array of foods i can prepare, but i'm just about ready to eat chips n' dips forevermore.

Who else is going where?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to the University of Manchester for Biology with Japanese :D

i'm gonna be staying in Lambert Hall-basicly in the city centre just over the road from Canal St-cant bloody wait!!!

my accomadation starts on the 17th so i assume thats when i move in before Freshers Week from the 18th.

woooooooooooooo!!!!

Shitting myself with the overload of loose ends i'm forced to tie up before i go - borrowed and lent things, banks and loans, work fucking me over with pay (their idea of 'compassionate leave' is to not pay me at all...), and trying to get my head around what exactly it is i'll need for the whole shebang..

sorry mate, but that's what compassionate leave is, you need the time off but you're not sick and you have no (or don't want to use your) hols. but you don't get paid for it. better to pull a sickie lol.

i'm studying through computeach (web design) so i'll be attending the university of my bedroom.

sorry mate, but that's what compassionate leave is, you need the time off but you're not sick and you have no (or don't want to use your) hols. but you don't get paid for it. better to pull a sickie lol.

I think he's talking about not being paid for work he's done already.

Aaah, cunning indeed.

*bows*

also it'll be awesome to learn Japanese and then go to Japan to work for a year :D

talk about an awesome degree course, however i need to meet certain grade requirements in both Japanese tests AND Biology ones.

still it totally rocks :D

Off to HYMS (Hull campus) to study medicine! 5 years of hard labour - hopefully be well worth it though..

I have a house ready for me which I'll be moving into on the 16th September, hopefully with 5 other (Im hoping: hot, female & single) people.

Pretty excited about it all - which is rare for me. I don't have my student account ready yet (NatWest free railcard ftw!) and my student finance got fucked up - so that's deleyed. Went around Ikea yesterday to pick up some bedding, pots & pans and other stuff that i -might- need. Mother and father are buying me a white coat and a stethoscope as a gift, the grandparents are buying my textbooks. Pretty nifty.

Anyway, better get back to work instead of writing replies before the boss sees!

I am heading back to Surrey Uni after working full time in my placement for a year. Start back on Monday doing the most boring comp science course you could possibly imagine! Live at home, which I think prefer, but uni for me = :zzz: