Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Shia can't act? What?

come on, he's got all the screen presence of a rock. hes not technicaly awful, just below average.

what is his appeal? i mean, i look at him and see a whiny little bitch, who id not describe as pleasant to look at, yet he still seems to be getting paid good money to do somthing hes not very good at.

Seriously, what? I don't understand this at all? Just because the characters he portrays in movies aren't Oscar winning "interesting" characters or whatever, they are just normal teenage guys, and he is funny, and he delivers funny lines well. His character in Even Stevens is great! So errr...yeah he is a fucking good actor, and its incredibly ignorant to think he isn't.

PS Watch "A Guide To Recognising Your Saints" before you even have a valid opinion on this. [/Rant]

Edited by ReZourceman

he might play mostly whiney bitches, but to be fair, if you cast him as anything else, it would break the film industry. i dont think hes funny, i dont like him. its not ignorant to claim he isnt a good actor when every time ive seen him, hes been bad (see eagle eye for a fine example of how to have 0 charisma).

plus, theres just somthing about his face that screams "punch me"

I think he is bad actor in the movie, what's the big deal? Why should I take the time out to watch another movie with him in it just to see if he acts just as bad? Calm down dear, it's only an actor.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And sometimes, someone can perform better in a different genre of film than say the one where they act aweful.

I say sometimes loosely because it is very very rare!.

His character in Even Stevens is great!

And that's where his career should have ended.

He was good in Constantine. Definitely played to his acting strengths, being a minor character, being sidelined, dying.

He was good in Constantine. Definitely played to his acting strengths, being a minor character, being sidelined, dying.

:laughing:

To be fair, I've not ever thought "OMG he's awful!". In fact, I enjoyed the Ooh! mature and mildly humourous bit about wanking in Transformers. He just gets on everyone's nerves. I mean, in Indiana Jones, srsly. Like the personification of annoyance.

Maybe Megan Fox just makes his acting seem better.

Transformers 2 - enjoyed it. Megan Fox was a sexy beast. Still remember that opening shot so clearly. Fell asleep through bits of it, but that was down to tiredness and not the movie itself. 7/10

The Hangover - was above average. Everyone said it was good but tbh I found it to be a bit......dry i guess. There were some funny lol moments but not enough. 6.5/10

Star Trek - thought this was pretty damn awesome. The character and personality that came through Spock and Kirk was immense and was one of the best things about the movie. Not even a Trekkie fan myself (I mean....at all!) and thought it was good entertainment! 8.5/10

Seven Pounds - found this to be pretty boring but picked up later on. Thought the ending was especially quite good....but other than that, didn't really hold my interest. 5.8/10

:laughing:

To be fair, I've not ever thought "OMG he's awful!". In fact, I enjoyed the Ooh! mature and mildly humourous bit about wanking in Transformers. He just gets on everyone's nerves. I mean, in Indiana Jones, srsly. Like the personification of annoyance.

Maybe Megan Fox just makes his acting seem better.

Yeah, he never stuck out as annoying until he somehow ended up in every film coming out ever. I really don't think he is a good lead actor.

I might have liked him in Transformers if it wasn't for Michael Bay's incessant need to make my eyes feel like they've been raped by a cheese grater by, what I can only imagine, having the camera strapped to the head of a woodpecker who's OD'ed on crack.

Don't get me wrong, I love robots and explosions (so much so they are almost necessary for my enjoyment) but Transformers is lame in the truest sense.

transformers 2 was great, only thing that annoyed me were those stupid little twin things, and the fact that most of the transformers looked a like just grey coloured , was a little confusing what was going on and who was who,.

id rate it 8/10 and i will buy the blue ray for suew and possibly go see it again when its a cheap showing

, i though mfox was sexy but /\ bit too whorey lol

the 1st movie was a bit better for me, and the original cartoon one is still the best of them all :)

revenge of fallen is one of those films you leave your brain at the ticket till and pick it up after

bring on the 3rd i hope

Edited by yesteryeargames

It just me who doesn't find Megan Fox particularly hot? No? Just me? Okay then.

Oh yeah and Shia IS good in Even Stevens, what a show :D Haven't seen him in anything else but it irritates me how many average blockbusters he seems to pop up in. Always the sort of film that everyone goes to see but are a bit rubbish. Could be that he's in shit films, as opposed to being a shit actor?

In other news,

Caught the second half of Minority Report the other day as I'd heard that, like someone else said on here, it was based on a Philip Dick novel so I thought it must have been more the Spielburg Cruise blockbuster action fest I has assumed it would be. Was pretty good, nicely fleshed out futuristic setting, and an interesting central plot. Last minute or so were a bit lala lovely lovely yay though.

And I watched Batman Begins just now which I thought was utterly stunning. The sets were incredible, Gothem City brilliantly realised, and I do love the Bale. Oh and Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow was great... brilliant actor. Can't actually say I was a huge fan of TDK (Or at least, it was too overhyped for it to live up to expectations) but having seen this I think I should give it another watch

9 / 10

Far Cry

I wanted to see how bad it is...and boy is it bad. You can see why Uwe Boll didn't even bother releasing it outside Germany.

First you see a couple of army guys getting stalked by someone with black-and-white blurry vision (like rubbish horror films) and some bad shooting and truck flipping effects. Then they explain 30 minutes explaining the rather bland characters (Evil Bond Villain, His Female Bodyguard, The "human life is important" Army Dude, Main Guy With Military Past, Annoying/Dumb Reporter Woman, etc) when the biggest surprise of the whole film happens....

...General Hammond walks onto a scene. I'm guessing that this is where most of the (apparently 30-odd million) budget went as it definitely didn't go anywhere else.

Anyway, a bit later Annoying Reporter Woman and Hero finally arrive at the island and they finally show the first few seconds of the game (kind of...it's at night rather than the day) as the army dudes shoot a rocket at Hero's boat. Then proceed to an amazingly stupid action scene. With dialogue such as:

"What are these?"

"Hand grenades. Throw one."

*ARW throws grenade*

"It didn't work"

"Take the pin out"

Which proves that ARW is definitely not smarter than a 10-year old. Hero gets a chance to easily kill Evil Female Bodyguard but doesn't feel like it.

They escape (getting drenched along the way). ARW doesn't care that Uncle (who she is here to meet) is likely in trouble. Loads of awkward scenes and then they have sex. They then joke about it the next day as if they're not in any danger, use a stupid tactic to get a uniform and drive to the base.

They both get captured (first ARW then Hero, after meeting Annoying Non-Funny Fat Guy, who is in most scenes from now on), Evil Bond Villain lets out Genetic Enhanced Soldiers that he can't control to kill Hero, Uncle (now an GES) helps out Hero, GESs escape (they were held back by nothing but weak glass - plus the security system is programmed to open all the remaining cells containing GESs if one escapes). Cue a long, dull battle.

Army Dude calls his men back, Evil Female Bodyguard kills him, Uncle kills her and Annoying Non-Funny Fat Guy nicks Evil Bond Villain's escape boat. ANFFG, ARW and Hero escape, leaving EBV surrounded by uncontrollable GES (who are essentially animals who kill everything for no reason) it then fades away before you get to see EBV get killed.

Then there's a little bit at the end saying that the government won't let ARW write the article, and Hero walks away from the set as if he can't take any more of the film.

2/10. It's laughably funny. At least it's better than the second game.

(and yes, I was ultra bored)

Me and what of it!

Me and the lads from work are already planning our next visit to the cinema to see it again this week.

ha it's like the total revenge film for guys when your girlfriend brings you to something like mamma mia or something..

nah seriously the film's got issues.. big issues..

it's like 7/10 at best.. that's the best I'd go for a film with a plot that made no sense.