N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Interstella 5555 - The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem

Anime film with the soundtrack being all the songs off Daft Punk's album "Discovery".

I remember hearing about this years ago, when they were first airing the music vids on MTV. They mentioned the videos being part of a "Japanese animated movie".

This was much better than I had expected. I've always liked Daft Punk so the music was all decent, plus it fitted in well with the film.

Overall, it was great. :smile:

9/10

The Terminator

Got to be in my list of the greatest films ever. Simply flawless. And having Arnie adds to the awesome factor

10/10

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Excellent movie, though I really don't see why this is seen as better than the original. Due to the fact that the protector isn't human, and is very difficult to kill, you don't get the same intensity that you had with the original. And although the T-1000 is menacing, it's nowhere near as scary as Arnie from the first film. Also, they humanised Arnie way too much. I know they switched his learning chip on, but come on - it was a little too much

Still gets a

9.3/10

Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines

This film suffers from the same problems as the second one. The T-X isn't very good, and you never feel that same danger as the first one. Having said that, there are some terrific action scenes here.

Has a very strong ending - the bit where Connor talks to the survivors on the radio at the end is awesome

8.5/10

Planet of the Apes

Have fond memories of watching one of the films in the series as a child, but I don't think it was this one, as I found the second half pretty boring. Still a great film though, and I have all the sequels to watch soon.

7.8/10

Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy

Cool must-see films for boys. Enjoyed A Fistful of Dollars the most, (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly was a tad long) but their all masterpieces!

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly was a tad long

Seriously, without any other possible way of putting it: fuck you. :blank:

You've seriously got to kidding me. :(

Lord Of The Flies

starfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpg

Clueless

starfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpgstarfish-icon.jpghalfstar.jpg

Lord Of the Flies? Never seen any movie version... one of my favourite books. Which version was it?

Clueless is a masterpiece, amigo... Seriously, a fantastic satire. I love it with a passion.

Excellent movie, though I really don't see why this is seen as better than the original. Due to the fact that the protector isn't human, and is very difficult to kill, you don't get the same intensity that you had with the original.

True.

And although the T-1000 is menacing, it's nowhere near as scary as Arnie from the first film.

Not true.

Has a very strong ending - the bit where Connor talks to the survivors on the radio at the end is awesome

I wouldn't say it's awesome, but it was definitely the best thing about the movie.

Rocky II

Felt like watching this last night after watchin the original on Sunday (and the final fight yesterday). Good movie, nice soundtrack as per usual. And the fight was as good as the first. 9.5/10

Rocky III

The third in the movie 6some (is that a word). I think its the best in the series with great fights and a moving story to it as well. Soundtrack is awesome as well, Eye of the Tiger. 9.5/10

:blank: Do I really need words?

Yeah, the Lord of The Flies movies are pretty shit. There's an American one, aswell as a crappy old black and white one. I just don't think there's any way Golding's writing could make the transition to film, it's just way too dense.

I wouldn't say dense, i believe the main reason is that the actors are children, and thus they just aren't good enough to convey the powerful emotions and tasks put to them in the book.

Poor Piggy

I wouldn't say dense, i believe the main reason is that the actors are children, and thus they just aren't good enough to convey the powerful emotions and tasks put to them in the book.

Poor Piggy

They're hella dense. Read The Spire, dude. Lord of The Flies is probably the most accessible of his books that I've read.

rented Knocked Up

pretty good effort. It's funny, but not as all out hilarious as The 40 Year Old Virgin. Maybe you just can't make jokes as funny about pregnancy as you can about virginity. Gonna track down Superbad next as I've only heard good things there.

I found Superbad quite lacklustre. Maybe it was all the hype set it up to be something amazing, or whether it is because generally I am not a fan of comedies I dunno. I wanted to like it but...meh.

I found Superbad quite lacklustre. Maybe it was all the hype set it up to be something amazing, or whether it is because generally I am not a fan of comedies I dunno. I wanted to like it but...meh.

I agree completely. It was nowhere near as funny as I expected it to be, I laughed out loud a couple of times but other than that it was most definitely "Meh..".

Superbad is brill, I demand you go back to it and give it another chance, so many laugh out loud moments :yay:

Becca: I'm so wet right now.

Evan: Yeah... they said that would happen in health class.

Becca: Your cock is so smooth!

Evan: Your's would be too... if you were a man.

Superbad is brill, I demand you go back to it and give it another chance, so many laugh out loud moments :yay:

Becca: I'm so wet right now.

Evan: Yeah... they said that would happen in health class.

Becca: Your cock is so smooth!

Evan: Your's would be too... if you were a man.

I watched it three times.

rented Knocked Up

pretty good effort. It's funny, but not as all out hilarious as The 40 Year Old Virgin. Maybe you just can't make jokes as funny about pregnancy as you can about virginity. Gonna track down Superbad next as I've only heard good things there.

I found Knocked up to be pretty meh as well, Superbad however I thought was pretty excellent. It was a situation I could relate too a lot more then knocked up. The holy grail of Appatow comedies is Forgetting Sarah Marshall though.

OK then i guess its not for you :heh:

Last movie I watched was Walk Hard.

I really enjoyed it, was a good parody of all the other rock docs out there but was not over the top terrible like date, disaster, etc movie.

The songs written for the movie were very good and you actually felt for dewey cox.

Plus Jack White as elvis and jack black as sir paul mccartney was genius :)

Rocky II

The boxing scene was pretty funny to watch, he took about fifty hits to the head and didn't go down. pretty good film all round.

8/10

Rambo (2008)

An hour and a half of Sylvester Stallone taking it to the Burma National Army. Heads and limbs are cut off, children are thrown into burning huts, women and young boys are raped, people are blown apart, heads are torn apart by high calliber sniper rifles and one guy gets his throat ripped out. Its the greatest movie i've ever seen.

9/10

I found Knocked up to be pretty meh as well, Superbad however I thought was pretty excellent. It was a situation I could relate too a lot more then knocked up. The holy grail of Appatow comedies is Forgetting Sarah Marshall though.

I rented knocked up recently too, I didn't think I'd really enjoy it but it surprised me, it's pretty meh but when I expected trash it was a step up!! - Superbad is awesome, I watched it again the other nite and laughed just as much as the first time, yeah I guess it's cos you can relate to some stuff in it! - I lov the whole lube thing :laughing: