NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

toy-story-3-totoro.jpg

Hahaha yessss. I guess I never saw the trailer then haha. But in my head I went eeeeeeeh when he appeared on screen. =D

DudeDazz, aren't you a fan of the films? The books at least?

Yeah, I like the books (not New Moon) and the movies (not New Moon) but the bus advert they done for Eclipse (my favourite book of the lot) was HORRIBLE! I can't wait to see the movie (well, I can because of the screaming bitches who scream at a fictional character when they know full well they can't hear them...weirdos) but that poster was horrendous.

http://www.filmshaft.com/three-uk-posters-for-twilight-saga-eclipse (it's the third one that are on the buses)

Brooklyn's Finest

My Girlfriend and I walked out of the cinema, [being the only ones there] not knowing what to say about this film. It involves three stories which vaguely come together at the end, but very loosely. To begin with you think it's going to be something like Lock Stock, where each story intertwines with the others to a satisfactory conclusion. In this it simply doesn't.

5/10

Yeah, I like the books (not New Moon) and the movies (not New Moon)

I'm afraid you have no say in anything anymore ever. :wink:

I think that poster's alright. Bella looks like someone just farted in her face though. But she looks more attractive than usual. Who's the guy in the first one?

I'm afraid you have no say in anything anymore ever. :wink:

I think that poster's alright. Bella looks like someone just farted in her face though. But she looks more attractive than usual. Who's the guy in the first one?

That would be Riley who leads the newborn vampires to kill Edward and his family. My cinema are having a Twilight double-bill before Eclipse comes out, I can imagine the cinema flooding with sad screaming teenage girls.

Killers

Surprisingly very boring, bland and rather dull. Though Katherine Heigl is hot.

2/10 (for Katherine Heigl)

Edited by Animal

Toy Story 3:

20/10, Perfect end to a damned fine perfect trilogy, It was simply amazing, and the end, TS1 is my number 1 movie, 2 is close by and 3..I think just topped TS2, and I kinda want a Spanish Buzz and lotso hugs bear

Intro was epic as well

Think i'll get my daughter one for when she's born *cough*not me*cough*

Edited by arnold

Harry%2BBrown%2BPoster.jpg

I was kind of hoping for something on the level of Gran Turino but it turned out to be just a bit rubbish. Absolutely uninspiring. Shame.

A film for the Daily Mail readers, it seems.

5/10

Any film that has stars quotations containing exclamation marks tends to default to that sort of film, no?

Harry%2BBrown%2BPoster.jpg

I was kind of hoping for something on the level of Gran Turino but it turned out to be just a bit rubbish. Absolutely uninspiring. Shame.

A film for the Daily Mail readers, it seems.

5/10

:( I thought Michael Caine was awesome in this movie but I see what you mean when you say it was for the Daily Mail readers, lol. I thought the movie was good.

----

Drag Me To Hell

A good little horror movie but I have one problem that won't stop bugging me

So at the end, she gets the envelopes mixed up so the dead gypsy got the wrong envelope. Let's rewind back, I don't know about you but if my life depended on an envelope, I'd be checking it a thousand times. Also, she's been holding the envelope, how could she not have FELT the button, it's plastic! Paper isn't so how in the world didn't she realise?

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. Some good jumps too but it was totally predictable.

7/10

Up

Gave it another go after not liking it at all the first time.

Liked it much more this time, 7/10.

But you really have to ignore a lot things to enjoy it.

Like how they heck did they really get to Paradise Falls? And why isn't Muntz way older than Carl? I had to bite my lip when these questions came up :heh:

KevintheBird.jpg

I personally had a lot more trouble "ignoring" things in, let's say, Avatar, than I did in UP. At least UP doesn't take itself too seriously, Avatar does. =P

Yeah, totally. Although I wasn't expecting UP to be great (I was secretly hoping) and was surprised even after hearing great things about it. Plus, the humans as characters made me weary - I did not like The Incredibles.

Any film that has stars quotations containing exclamation marks tends to default to that sort of film, no?

I like the idea but not really. Pan's Labyrinth, for example, was drowned in stary quotes and as this was a British film it's not unusual for it to get that kind of promotional support.

:( I thought Michael Caine was awesome in this movie but I see what you mean when you say it was for the Daily Mail readers, lol. I thought the movie was good.

Michael Caine was great but it was just a weak screenplay. Didn't know if it wanted to be serious or an immature revenge fantasy...until it finally just became an immature revenge fantasy. I also felt the gore was fairly needlessly over done.

Drag Me To Hell

A good little horror movie but I have one problem that won't stop bugging me

So at the end, she gets the envelopes mixed up so the dead gypsy got the wrong envelope. Let's rewind back, I don't know about you but if my life depended on an envelope, I'd be checking it a thousand times. Also, she's been holding the envelope, how could she not have FELT the button, it's plastic! Paper isn't so how in the world didn't she realise?

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. Some good jumps too but it was totally predictable.

7/10

I took that as part of the massive joke running through the film. It was so over played and old school. I think the point was to have everyone in the audience agonising over how stupid she's being. Sam Raimi is an absolute legend. :heh:

Edited by Daft

I personally had a lot more trouble "ignoring" things in, let's say, Avatar, than I did in UP. At least UP doesn't take itself too seriously, Avatar does. =P

I'm positive I posted that exact same thing last time Shorty said something about Up.

Up

Gave it another go after not liking it at all the first time.

Liked it much more this time, 7/10.

Like how they heck did they really get to Paradise Falls? And why isn't Muntz way older than Carl? I had to bite my lip when these questions came up :heh:

They flew there in the house. D'uh!

All old people look the same age and there would have only been about a 12 year difference between them anyway (and Carl worked all his life out in the sun, while Muntz hid in a cave getting his dogs to do all his work).

I took that as part of the massive joke running through the film. It was so over played and old school. I think the point was to have everyone in the audience agonising over how stupid she's being. Sam Raimi is an absolute legend. :heh:

I really did like the movie, I thought it was great and it had that feel that it belonged in the 80s which I loved but that part was bugging me. Also, it was painfully predictable, lmao.

Still, a good movie nonetheless.

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.

So I thought Batman Begins was the first proper good batman film, but I stand corrected; this film did it first. It's fantastic. Love the animation, story was great and the reveal of the phantasm was satisfying. Shame it was a bit short but a proper good film. Gonna go watch Batman Begins and Dark Knight after the footie now.

8/10.

Mask of the Phantasm is lovely. But then the entire of the 90's animated series is brilliant, and I've never watched as good an animated series (based on comics at least, or with such a perfect balance of the dark with the lighthearted or whatever. It's just done well.)

I really did like the movie, I thought it was great and it had that feel that it belonged in the 80s which I loved but that part was bugging me. Also, it was painfully predictable, lmao.

Still, a good movie nonetheless.

Haha!! Yeah, even when I watch it again I'm like "Wake the f*ck up b*tch!!" :heh:

I genuinely think the ending is horrifying.

Haha!! Yeah, even when I watch it again I'm like "Wake the f*ck up b*tch!!" :heh:

I genuinely think the ending is horrifying.

I did as well. Although I was expecting it, I thought it was done very well.

I couldn't help but feel so emotional when it happened. I literally shouted "NOOOO!" when it happened and realised I was screaming at the telly. I thought Mrs. Ganush was a bitch though, she was doing her job! lol. Lesson learned: Don't fu*k with a gypsy! haha.

Yeah, totally!! I was just shocked it was SUCH an injustice. She really didn't do anything wrong and she was so sweet and that guy she was up against for the job was a dick (I would have given him the button

:D ).

There's always a gypsy woman outside my university selling the Big Issue. Rumour has it she curses your family for five generations if you don't buy the magazine. :hehe:

Mask of the Phantasm is lovely. But then the entire of the 90's animated series is brilliant, and I've never watched as good an animated series (based on comics at least, or with such a perfect balance of the dark with the lighthearted or whatever. It's just done well.)

I'm gonna have to check the animated series out :D Currently downloading the spiderman animated series (the good one that used to be on Fox Kids?). Awesome show, loved it.

SRSLY, if you thought Spider-Man was good, Batman will blow you. And it won't even charge.

(To clarify, Spidey was enjoyable, but suffered from horrible censorship and rules like no guns, no actual punching/fighting - if you look, there's never any "proper" fights, no perceived endangerment of animals and shit...)

Batman: The Animated Series and the universe it created (i.e the 90's Superman cartoon, Batman Beyond, Justice League etc) is incredible. The two other 2000's batman cartoons are a fun distraction, but they've got nothing on the 90's one.

Bride Wars

Crap. Hardly funny whatsoever! I wasn't really expecting it to be anyway so it wasn't really much of a shock.

3/10

Amelie

bb-amelie.jpg

I forgot how much this influenced Pushing Daisies. I knew it did, obviously, but just the depth. Not sure if its intentional but even the facial reactions of Tatou/Friel are even quite alike. And the kind of colouring in the above picture; that strong green pierced by a sharp red. And obviously a great film.

Dear John

I'll watch pretty much anything with Amanda Seyfried in, with obvious exceptions. It was okay, pretty standard dramantic fare. I spent most of the film doodling.