NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

That's actually explained in Saw III or IV.

Which was written by a different person and therefore doesn't even apply.

Which was written by a different person and therefore doesn't even apply.

Saw III was written by the same people (James Wan and Leigh Whannell) who had written Saw and Saw II but I do agree with you if it was the fourth one when they explain it. Still, I thought it was a good explanation...I'm watching them again anyway so I'll tell you, lol.

8 Mile

Enjoyable, I liked it.

7/10

Edited by Animal

Love Happens

600full-love-happens-poster.jpg

Having watched a lot of Friends I was in a Jennifer Aniston mood and wanted to watch her being lulzy in some rubbishy film.

Didn't realise that this wouldn't be that lulzy! It was okay and interesting enough dealing with the concept of loss of a loved one it was just put across poorly.

I enjoyed that it focused on the man who was good and it was different to the usual romance I watch but it was empty for a film that went on for ages not much happens usually I like this as it's just dealing with life and it did make it a bit more believable I guess until he sneaks into his father in laws home and steals his parrot, that was hilarious. :D

Dressing Jennifer as a younger person perhaps and now she is getting older just made her looked mental and slightly homeless rather than a bit whimsical which is what they were going for.

LOOK AT ME I WORK IN A FLOWER SHOP. I did like the appearance of Judy Greer who did her usual thing. :)

The symbolism in it was a bit silly and very clunky.

Found out the director of this directed Dragonfly which was lame, also dealt with loss.

Oh and they seemed to outright love each other for after 2 days. They time between people falling in love is getting really short in these films.

I like to think that the relationship didn't work out and in the sequel he ends up sailing the seas as a pirate trying to look for his parrot. Jennifer Aniston can play the sexy anchor that has seaweed for hair, now that's a film.

Blah la la, still in a lulzy Jennifer Aniston mood. :p

Letters to Juilet.

600full-letters-to-juliet-poster.jpg

Italy is beautiful and it was fun to say I've been there intially when in Verona I recognised a lot of places. :D I only went there a few years ago so it is still relatively fresh in my mind. It is extremely sunny the whole film and everyone in it is rich, for serious!

Again the time between liking someone to LOVE is perhaps short but I didn't mind it in this film. Amanda Seyfried makes everything better and pretty much spent the majority of the film gawping at the screen happy that I got to see her again. :p

Story was fun and it was a bit smultzy or whatever but all is forgiven when I'm throughly enjoying a film. :grin:

Also do english people really sound like that?

"Because the truth is, Sophie, I am madly, truly, deeply, passionately in love with you."

Saw III was written by the same people (James Wan and Leigh Whannell) who had written Saw and Saw II but I do agree with you if it was the fourth one when they explain it. Still, I thought it was a good explanation...I'm watching them again anyway so I'll tell you, lol.

8 Mile

Enjoyable, I liked it.

7/10

I'm curious, what is the explanation?

I mean, I did watch the first 4 before completely giving up on any of them but the first but I can't recall that moment. Enlighten moi.

I'm curious, what is the explanation?

I mean, I did watch the first 4 before completely giving up on any of them but the first but I can't recall that moment. Enlighten moi.

injected himself with a drug before preparing the "bathroom" game and it slows his heart rate and relaxes his muscles. I just remember that scene but I can't remember what movie it was from. TBH, that was the massive bug for me about Saw before that explanation came out because I couldn't imagine anyone lying in a pool of pig's blood (I think it was...not sure...) for three hours and not moving at all.

Appleseed

I've seen this before and I really enjoyed it, even if I do feel at times the 3D and anime mix doesn't quite work, but I just couldn't watch it this time around. I don't know if it was just the time of the day, whether it was too hot or whether I just couldn't be bothered putting up with the loudest fan in the world that resides within the PS3 (seriously, that thing is ridiculously loud. So loud that I couldn't hear the damned TV and the console has plenty of ventilation) but I just couldn't get into it and switched it off just over half way through. ::shrug: I'll watch it again properly at a later point but just wasn't into it this time around.

-------------------------

Anyone seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona? Worth a watch or not? It's on my to watch list so wondering whether to give it a look or not.

Anyone seen Vicky Cristina Barcelona? Worth a watch or not? It's on my to watch list so wondering whether to give it a look or not.

I have a feeling it divides opinion. It won't change your life, and it's at the very least a visual treat/evokes lovely things, but then I think people didn't like it for whatever reason.

I thought it was fine for what it was. Give it a go.

----

Jennifer's Body

I love the fact it's named after a Hole song. I love the fact Diablo Cody clearly loves Hole (Ellen Page and Jason Bateman are singing Doll Parts by Hole in Juno for a few seconds, and Violet by Hole was the finale song of this film).

I enjoyed it. It was an interesting take. I liked Diablo Cody's script. It was short and sweet, with some lovely artistic direction/visuals.

Megan Fox is genuinely stunning. With anyone else's face she'd look really chavvy, but she is just too.

I loved:

"Ugh..hk..got a...tampon..?"

"Agh..UGH...my...tit..?"

no_country_for_old_men.jpg

No Country For Old Men

One of my favorite films, this. It's just so incredibly well directed; sparse dialog is made up for by an incredibly capable showing from both the cast, in portraying very purposeful characters with silent internal monologues that the audience is left to work out, and by the Coens who absolutely nail a visual language that conveys so much through apparently simple camera work. In fact, one of the best moments in the film is right at the end when an apparently ambiguous scene is, in fact, absolutely clear but only if you catch one little moment that you'll probably miss.

I've just read Cormac McCarthy's original novel and I think I'm even more impressed by the film adaptation now than I was first time. It's really quite accomplished.

Team America: World Police

Love!

(AMERICA) FUCK YEAH!/10

Well saw this night. Gotta say while it had its funny moments, it definatly wasnt what i was expecting,

given that it was produced by Judd Apatow and his back catalouge is pretty damn awesome (Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Pineapple Express, Step Brothers, Drill Bit Taylor, Walk Hard, Super Bad, Knocked up, 40 year old Virgin, Talladega Nights, Anchorman ETC ETC)

i was expecting it to be pretty similar to his past films in that their pretty stupid the majority of the way through, and if they do have a more serious story line (Knocked Up) the humour still outways the sensable stuff.

well on this occasion it was alot more Russell Brand singing, and alot more touchy emotional stuff (Brands Dad story, Johah Hills relationship issues, Brands kid and ex gf, Brands life as a rocker being empty)

there was one stand out moment though in terms of comedy right after Jonahs character and P.Diddy had smoked a 'Geoffry' but aside from that there wasnt so many memorable one liners than i'd normally expect.

anyone else seen it? feel the same about it?

Moved that post to this thread.

I will end up watching it at some point I'm sure even if I am kind of bored of Apatow and despise Jonah Hill. But I don't mind Russell Brand (oddly...) and a Kristen Bell cameo always wins me over :p

But yeah, one for eventual DVD watching.

Moved that post to this thread.

I will end up watching it at some point I'm sure even if I am kind of bored of Apatow and despise Jonah Hill. But I don't mind Russell Brand (oddly...) and a Kristen Bell cameo always wins me over :p

But yeah, one for eventual DVD watching.

ahh yeah my bad about the thread. i've been in work since 7am... not all with it ;)

yeah the Kristen Bell cameo is very brief. But also very welcome. glad to see Sarah Marshall back on her feet after 'Scene of the crime' being cancelled :p

Probably just me, and i guess there wasnt anyway that they could of done it, but i would of liked to see Jason Segels character from Forgetting Sarah Marshall cameo in it. even if it were a brief entertainment news story on tv or something (there's a lot of news stories in Get Him To The Greek).

i miss the good old days of the frat pack when Will Ferrell, Owen Wilson, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaugh, Jack Black and Owen Wilson were the main guys...

Starsky & Hutch, Zoolander, Anchorman, Wedding Crashers... all classics... i mean i do like Paul Rudd & Seth Rogen alot, and i guess jay baruchel and Jonnah Hill are winning me over slowly. but get the originals back for another film.

hoping the Zoolander 2 rumours that were going round come to light and definite, and hope the casting is right for it.

Megan Fox is genuinely stunning. With anyone else's face she'd look really chavvy, but she is just too.

I love how she has Selene's face.

126983161651selene_super.jpg

Definitely would be in my X-Men movie.

Oh yeah! I actually thought that Jennifer's Body was clearly Ultimate Selene's origin story. Looks the same, and if you replace

the need to feast on human flesh to remain beautiful

with the

need to drain lifeforce to remain beautiful

, it matches up so well.

Amanda Seyfried's character could be Ultimate Magma.

Wild Target

Unpredictable as fuck. Only problem is it has Emily Blunt in. She's a good actor, but all I can think of when I see her is "Wow I wanna fuck this chick"

8/10

5 Centimetres Per Second

3 short stories about a guy as he progresses from childhood to early adulthood and the love of his life or whatever. It was nice and all that but I don't understand all the raving it got. Perhaps it was the annoying English dub (I was sure it was a sub job but as it turns out it was both subbed and dubbed but they often didn't match). Pretty as hell though:

5cm20-20large2001.jpg

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

It has been a good day. =)

Loved it.

Also, I think Ashley and nightwolf and a few others will like this film when they see it. You'll know why when you watch it. =D

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

Loved it.

Also, I think Ashley and nightwolf and a few others will like this film when they see it. You'll know why when you watch it. =D

That sounds simply amazing. All of the Toy Stories one after another! I can't wait for the new movie to come out!

---

I know I've not seen the movie but I really need to rate a poster because it sucks ass!

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse Bus Advert

Why in the living HELL would I want Edward's ugly mug staring down motionless at me? Though Kristen Stewart is hot even when she looks just as motionless.

1/10

DudeDazz, aren't you a fan of the films? The books at least?

no_country_for_old_men.jpg

No Country For Old Men

Review!

This is my favourite film.

I dunno if I've ever rated it.

But...

Best/10

Dan we can be friends now, yeah?

The last film I saw...

I can't think of one.

Someone recommend me an awesome film based on my love for No Country for Old Men!

This is my favourite film.

I dunno if I've ever rated it.

But...

Best/10

Dan we can be friends now, yeah?

The last film I saw...

I can't think of one.

Someone recommend me an awesome film based on my love for No Country for Old Men!

There Will Be Blood?

I've seen that.

And loved it.

So you're clearly suggesting the right sort of films!

Wild Target

Unpredictable as fuck. Only problem is it has Emily Blunt in. She's a good actor, but all I can think of when I see her is "Wow I wanna fuck this chick"

8/10

That film was awesome.

High-five!

Toy Story

Toy Story 2

Toy Story 3

Loved it.

toy-story-3-totoro.jpg