NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

What can I say? I like films that are good.

Ooo witty, haha, no I for some reason assumed you wouldn't like kids films, well that weird hybrid of kid/adult film. :grin:

Excellent. I was going for wit but smilie faces aren't subtle enough. :heh:

I'm a fan of anything that I feel is well intended and/or well made...if that makes sense. For example, I love Hancock. I genuinly think it's a fantastic film because it tried something different (I blame the marketing for the backlash). It wasn't a comedy and it was rather intimate. In a genre obsessed with saving the world Hancock was pretty much about these two people. Also I love 'Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events' because it had that great visual hyper real look to it so I'm not really bothered about the demographic a film is aimed at - 'The September Issue', I suspect, is predominantly aimed at women since it's about American Vogue putting together its Septemeber issue and I think its a fascinating docu-film. :smile:

Finding Nemo is still my favourite Pixar film but UP was ace in a different way (It even stood up to the hype). I always forget about Ratatouille. Not sure how much I rate that.

Yes yes yes.

Whenever I recommend The September Issue I get weird looks. But it's great!

Yes, it's excellent. I love it when they're asking Anna Wintour what her family think of her job and she talks about the condescension she gets. It's infuriating and understandable at the same time.

Also Grace Coddington is an absolutely inspirational creative director - I love how her mind works.

Yeah, I loved her. And just the creative process behind it all. And frustration when people just came in and switched the stuff around/shot it down etc.

I might buy it to watch again.

I saw it twice quite close together because they put it on Film4 like a month after I rented it.

If you like docu-films you should check out Dark Days. It's about people who live in an abandoned New York subway tunnel in pitch black. The music is done by DJ Shadow. (I know it's a tenuous link to TSI but I'll take every chance I can to recommend Dark Days :heh: )

What can I say? You're too easy to prank :heh:

LOL! I just loved the fact you made a random video out of nowhere because of the title of the movie I watched, lmao. Much love for that one ReZ, haha. :grin:

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie

What possessed me to watch this was that I saw a review on Rotten Tomatoes and I kind of remember it and I don't. Anyway, SERIOUSLY cheesy dialogue. "Even you must admit that your blue eyes, white dragon is powerless against my God Egyptian cards" is one of the many cheesy quotes that have stuck out in my head. However, good animation which is why it got a 1, lol.

1/10

Edited by Animal

Dazz you really shouldn't have Twilight as the title banner for your review site if you want people to take it seriously. ;)

Anyway, SERIOUSLY cheesy dialogue. "Even you must admit that your blue eyes, white dragon is powerless against my God Egyptian cards" is one of the many cheesy quotes that have stuck out in my head.

Could be worse:

I’m the world’s best predator, aren’t I? Everything about me invites you in — my voice, my face, even my smell. As if I need any of that!

You’re interesting when you sleep. You talk.

I dream about being with you forever.

I hate you for making me want you so much.

What can I say? You're too easy to prank :heh:

LOL! I just loved the fact you made a random video out of nowhere because of the title of the movie I watched, lmao. Much love for that one ReZ, haha. :grin:

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie

What possessed me to watch this was that I saw a review on Rotten Tomatoes and I kind of remember it and I don't. Anyway, SERIOUSLY cheesy dialogue. "Even you must admit that your blue eyes, white dragon is powerless against my God Egyptian cards" is one of the many cheesy quotes that have stuck out in my head. However, good animation which is why it got a 1, lol.

1/10

The Blue Eyes White Dragon is the actual name of the card/monster? whoever said that wasn't trying to chat up anyone.

Go Abridged:

Could be worse:

I’m the world’s best predator, aren’t I? Everything about me invites you in — my voice, my face, even my smell. As if I need any of that!

You’re interesting when you sleep. You talk.

I dream about being with you forever.

I hate you for making me want you so much.

I suppose it could be, lmao. It does my head in when he goes on way too much, it's like "I'm sure she gets the effing picture!" and then SHE STARTS and I'm like "Don't encourage him!". But yeah, I've never seen a Yu-Gi-Oh episode before but after watching that movie, I don't think I'd want to either, lol.

The Blue Eyes White Dragon is the actual name of the card/monster? whoever said that wasn't trying to chat up anyone.

Go Abridged:

Yeah, I was actually sitting here thinking "Blue Eyes White Dragon? Really? And you couldn't come up with a better name? Why not call it three-headed white dragon since it's blatantly obvious!" It was quite a cool monster too, it should have had an awesome name!

Can I just say that the abridged Yu-Gi-Oh thing is hilarious. Just the voices.

"My breasts are too big for this movie."

"I'm going to complain about it on my livejournal."

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

I loved it.

Why?

I thought it lacked necessary subtlety. I also couldn't get over the mass hipster overtones.

Both are still pretty great....

...though Gump is weirdly overrated.

Yup. Just like Pocahontas and Avatar are both pretty decent, even if neiter is good.

The 41-year-old virgin who Knocked Up Sarah Marsall and felt Superbad about it

Shit.

1/10

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I very much enjoyed this. I was expecting a Pirates of the Caribbean-like movie but I didn't get it which is good news. I can't see why some people are giving it a hard time.

7/10

The 41-year-old virgin who Knocked Up Sarah Marsall and felt Superbad about it

Shit.

1/10

Why would you even think about watching that?

white_lightnin1.png

Really quite interesting, even if it didn't quite know where it wanted to go half the time.

Oh, it has a Princess Leia sex scene in it.

7/10

Why would you even think about watching that?

I honestly don't know. I think it's to see how low this genre can actually go. I mean, it's not even a spoof really, it's more of a reference kind of thing. I was just totally bored and looking for movies and found that and I just wondered how bad the genre could get. I'm just waiting for another Airplane or Naked Gun or pretty soon, I'm going to make one!

I watched the trailer for the 40 year old vigrin who kned up sarah marshall or whatever, urgh, what, why, jesus, ect. Who spoofs comedies anyway.

Anyway I've been in bed ill so watching films

Run Fatboy Run

Good enough fun, not that great though obviously. Stunning amount of lame / obvious / slapstick jokes in the first half but then it improved a bit. Quite cute anyhoo.

4 / 10

Uncertainty

I watched cos it had Joseph Gordon Levvit in but actually really impressed. Interesting stuff about decisions, and it was shot beaut. And it reminded me of Lost with the whole flashsides thing..

Yeah, I was actually sitting here thinking "Blue Eyes White Dragon? Really? And you couldn't come up with a better name? Why not call it three-headed white dragon since it's blatantly obvious!" It was quite a cool monster too, it should have had an awesome name!

A fair few of the Yu-Gi-Oh monsters have really obvious/crappy names.

On a side note, They stole my Dandelion concept.

Christ, how can a video touting itself as "abridged" start off so slowly? I got bored and gave up when the definition for Yu-Gi-Oh started to (slowly) fade in.