NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I SO want to see it. Actually might download it. Never downloaded a film. Just cos' it won't release anywhere near me.

i;ll release near you 1hah im rez

Yeah I downloaded it as well because... well... yeah I wanted to see it.

Apparently the sequel will have a cinema release.

I want to see it as well but I can't find it anywhere!

Not Another Teen Movie

"Oh it's already brought-en!"/10

moon-poster.jpg

A valiant effort but it plods along with a fairly uninspiring soundtrack from Clint Mansell. Would have benefited from being shorter. Great to see some British Sci-Fi hit the big screen, though. Better than a lot of the mindless shlep out there. More please.

6.7/10

I used to love Jerry Maguire and there are still elements I enjoy, but him realising he loves her at the end just seems like total bullshit now I'm old and cynical. You complete me? You had me at hello? Pass me a bucket.

/rant.

I want to see it as well but I can't find it anywhere!

Not Another Teen Movie

"Oh it's already brought-en!"/10

Yes. Yes. Yes. One of the best comedies ever. And here's your clip.

I used to love Jerry Maguire and there are still elements I enjoy, but him realising he loves her at the end just seems like total bullshit now I'm old and cynical. You complete me? You had me at hello? Pass me a bucket.

/rant.

I can no longer imagine you as innocent and youthful. :p

Yes. Yes. Yes. One of the best comedies ever. And here's your clip.

NOOO! How could I forget to post that vid??? Funny clip, I love it! :laughing:

Watched 3 movies this weekend

Goldeneye

Starring Pierce Brosnan in is first of 4 outings as 007. I fall into the category of playing the game (of same name) first before watching the movie, not on purpose though. A darn good movie to say the least, a most definite change from the serious Dalton Bond flick (and still the only one being a 15), License to Kill. Even for a 12, it is quite a blood-filled title. Probably having a similar amount to the last movie.

The first of 2 (that i know of) Bond movies where the bad dude started off as a good dude.

9/10

The Wolfman

Starring Benicio Del Torro, Anthony Hopkins and that dude who played Mr Smith in the Matrix movies (honestly can't remember his name). Have to admit, wasn't expecting much after reading the reviews of this. But it was a pretty decent flick, with some great CGI (especially the fur on the wolf). Wasn't as such scary, more had a few moments that may make you jump from time to time, and thats about it scare-wise.

8/10

Richie Rich

Don't ask, it was on ITV 2 yesterday and i couldn't be bothered to switch the channel. Stars Macauly Culkin (that kid who starred in the 2 decent Home Alone movies and the video to MJ's "Black or White"). Basically, he is rich. Attempts to make friends with much fail, parents fly to London, a manager of the kids father thinks the kid is on-board when the plane "blows up" and presumes control. Kid is alive and takes the reigns of the company until his Dad comes home (with the aid of the butler (played by the same bloke who plays that Parish bloke in "Jumanji")). The bloke makes attempts to re-take the company, with some set-backs. Finds that the Rich parents are alive, finds out about the vault and kidnaps them. Ending gets predictable, but hey what can you expect.

It's alright, not the best i've seen. It is worth watching on Sunday only mind. Which is why i give it

6/10

Brooklyn's Finest

Quite depressing but pretty sweet. Just generally good, and I was pulled into the world by the absolutely superb acting. Not a bad performance to be found.

8/10

capote.jpg

Infamous, made a year later shits all over this imo. Toby Jones is excellent and after his performance Philip Seymour Hoffman's seems like a bit of a parody. Also I found the contrast of Capote's life before he starts his investigation and after really important but it's pretty lacking in Capote but is captured perfectly in Infamous.

Edit: Actually, maybe that's not true. I definitely prefer Toby Jones' Capote and many aspects of Infamous but Capote is excellent in many ways.

Edited by Daft

The Worlds Fastest Indian

46250_3.jpg

Really, really good. Basically about a guy who sets off from the ass end of nowhere (New Zealand specifically) to see how fast his bike (a 1920 Indian) will go at Bonneville salt flats. Some odd choices and a bit low budget in places, but a special film none the less.

One of my new favourite movies.

9/10

mio fratello é figlio unico

Seen it numerous times but nice to watch every now and then. I really like Accio. He's a moron but he has such conviction in what he believes it almost makes me want to be a communist :heh: I like his redemptive arc thing he has going on with the ending and how much self doubt he has. And his relationship with his brother, as destructive as it may be.

Plus Accio's little dance is one of my favourite things ever (1:20):

"Art by itself is masturbation, solidarity by itself is charity. Art, uprooted from the people, is a huge two-fisted jerk-off"

And of course:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Death At A Funeral (2010)

Quite a good comedy, I liked it. I like the original as well.

7/10

Drag Me To Hell

Hammed up horror, brilliant. I love that kind of ending, too.

8/10

House of the Dead

O.....K, what did I just watch here?

2/10

The Human Centipede

Interesting/10

Started off with some bad acting but things started to turn around fairly quickly.

As for the sequel...

Seeing as the antagonist dies at the end the only way I can imagine a viable story for the sequel is, "Oh I heard about that, that's cool, I wanna do the same."

Which is stupid because then the unique coprophiliac vibe is ruined.

It'll just end up being a "Saw" style of pleasing the audience with more grotesque imagery after the next, with little or no real consistency in terms of the world and story.

Someone showed me the trailer to this during download, it both has me very very concerned and curious at the same time -.-

Just cam back from seeing Toy Story 3, after watching the first two in succession.

The third one is just perfect, Pixar really outdone themselves in this one.

Animation was of course beautiful and it had all the humour and story I loved from the first two.

So in short; I loved it.

I hate, hate, hate that I didn't get tickets for the EIFF as I would have just finished watching it :( Oh well...34 days.

Is it only in Britain that it is delayed?

Because, usually its all of Europe that gets screwed over by their release dates.

Its stretched out. Some is before, some is after. I know Italy and France are before (and don't think I didn't consider it!) ;)

Bloody kids. For once I wished their school holidays started sooner!

Toy Story 3.

Holy shit this was incredibly satisfying in every way/10.

I had tears in my eyes, Pixar. You bastards.

Scary Movie 1 and 2

First time seeing these in about 4 years. Many jokes have stemmed from bits of these films, but seeing them now after so long, I can see their shiteness. Fart jokes are NEVER funny. In fact I think I only found mild enjoyment in these current rewatchings because I know Brenda et al influences various things through the years.

I do love in the first one where she runs really weirdly out of the room though.

Poor/10

Can't wait to see Toy Story 3! It's actually out here this week but I don't think I have anyone to go see it with. =(

Anyway, Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring was on yesterday. Don't think I had properly seen it since it came out in the cinema. Can't say I enjoyed it too much. Too many things bothering me, like the corny lines and looks between the Halflings and the way the story flowed (or didn't). Basically all that seems to happen is "Let's go through this place to Mordor", "Oh noesss, this place is wrecked and filled with Orcs!", "Fiiiiiight, arghhhhh!". etc.

Ah I don't know, maybe I didn't enjoy it 'cause I was tired or something. Or maybe the next two are better (I remember enjoying the fight with the Ents). We'll see.

Can't wait to see Toy Story 3! It's actually out here this week but I don't think I have anyone to go see it with. =(

Hmm how much is the train to Belgium...? :p