NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Remember Me

Shock! Robert Pattinson showed emotion! Surprisingly good movie, I liked it. The end was a great twist.

6/10

That "twist" was a revolting ploy to get more attention on the movie. Just sick and rather unneeded really.

That "twist" was a revolting ploy to get more attention on the movie. Just sick and rather unneeded really.

I'm being honest but I didn't think it was sick because...

that must have happened to everybody who was affected. They thought they'd have a normal day and then that very unfortunate time happened. I thought it was done well. It made me think a lot about the victims and their families and how hard it must have been for them and what they've been through. It also made me think how lucky I was to not have gone through that horrible time. Also, I only found out about this movie last week and I had no idea it was going to happen. I'm sorry if this post offends some people but that's what happened after I saw it.

Also, and I might sound silly but, why did you think it was sick?

Edited by Animal

What was the twist?

It was 9/11 and the main character was in one of the buildings and it showed all the family and friends upset and devastated. I can understand that it would be very upsetting but I didn't think it was sick. I just thought it was there to make you think about the victims and their families and that tragic time. Maybe it was just me who just thought that but I thought about it alot after watching it. Again, don't mean to be offensive.

Edited by Animal

Ah right. Well I don't have a problem with that tbh. It was an event in history, and fiction is more than entitled to use it for plot points IMHO.

Shutter Island: Win , even though I basicaly guessed the ZOMG PLOT TWIST about 10 minutes into the film it was still fantastic 8.5/10

But DID you get the plot twist, the great thing about this film people opinions are divided. Was he/wasn't he.

She's Out of My League

Surprisingly good. Great cast which was to thank for it. Opening scene is slightly horrible but it dramatically improves for the duration. Very funny in places.

7/10

She's Out of My League

Surprisingly good. Great cast which was to thank for it. Opening scene is slightly horrible but it dramatically improves for the duration. Very funny in places.

7/10

I want to watch this, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

I want to watch this, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

For real. In particular there is one possible break out star. Douchebag friend along the lines of Stiffler, and I am a fan of Jay Baruchel, and he was awesome in it.

And the main chick....Alice Eve I think, is CRACKING.

For real. In particular there is one possible break out star. Douchebag friend along the lines of Stiffler, and I am a fan of Jay Baruchel, and he was awesome in it.

And the main chick....Alice Eve I think, is CRACKING.

She does look tasty, haha. I can't wait to watch it, I also want to watch Get Him To The Greek. That also looks funny.

Date Nite

Full of people I like such as Tina Fey, Leighton Meester, James Franco and Mila Kunis. Shame about Carrell but he was okay I suppose. Ridiculous over the top fun really. I liked the car/taxi scene.

I love how James Franco is always so intense yet he (as a person) seems kind of laid back and as if he just does this acting thing for a bit of a laugh.

I wanna hang out with James Franco :(

I think everybody does!

Youth In Revolt

I liked it, Michael Cera was awesome!

8/10

Youth In Revolt

I liked it, Michael Cera was awesome!

8/10

Did Michael Cera manage to play a different character finally? He seems a little stuck in the role of being George Michael but with a different name.

The Blindside

First viewing, excellent movie. If you haven't seen it, go watch it. Quit reading this and go watch.

Zombieland

First viewing as well, great, and funny. Though I don't think it lends itself to repeated viewing as well as Shaun of the Dead does. However, it does have a very good looking Emma Stone (just don't look at the eyes) which bumps it up.

From what I gather he is playing George Michael again and his subconscious who is George Michael with a puberty-tash.

Sex and the City 2

The worst thing ever. It was just a mess all the way through. Alice Eve was very nice though, especially with a wet shirt :heh:

2/10 (It would have been 0/10 but Alice Eve's Irish nanny scenes were very good)

Alice Eve was very nice though, especially with a wet shirt :heh:

Bollocks. Gonna have to watch it now.

Bollocks. Gonna have to watch it now.

You'd love it, dude. Basically it has the four dragons women jealous because she has natural breastseses and she doesn't wear a bra. Then one of the women's husbands soaks her top and you see everything. :laughing:

American Beauty

I love this movie. It's just fantastic and it's one of my favourites!

10/10

Edited by Animal

precious_film_poster2.jpg

Great acting. The rest of the film wasn't so great. Pretty forgettable overall.

6.7/10

But DID you get the plot twist, the great thing about this film people opinions are divided. Was he/wasn't he.

Except he clearly wasn't.

Edited by Daft

Except he clearly wasn't.

Ah, I don't need to watch it now :heh:

But he clearly was...

But he wasn't.

When he talks to Mark Ruffalo at the end he asks "would you rather die a good man or live as a monster?" That's a clear indication he know who he is and hasn't relapsed.

No?

The Human Centipede

Interesting/10

Started off with some bad acting but things started to turn around fairly quickly.

As for the sequel...

Seeing as the antagonist dies at the end the only way I can imagine a viable story for the sequel is, "Oh I heard about that, that's cool, I wanna do the same."

Which is stupid because then the unique coprophiliac vibe is ruined.

It'll just end up being a "Saw" style of pleasing the audience with more grotesque imagery after the next, with little or no real consistency in terms of the world and story.