NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse

Love the show and the movie was awesome right up until the end and there's only five minutes of Papa Lazarou, points deducted for that! Still, a good laugh if you like the show.

7/10

I wish people would stop trying to seem 'individual' by having coloured text :heh:

lockers_vertc.jpg

It was okay. It had moments that could have been expanded on and made better but all in all fairly standard (one guy goes through a break up, another finds a new love, another goes through relationship troubles, another sees a glimpse of his future and doesn't like it) but as the poster suggests focuses more on the 'heart' of issues rather than gross out comedy. And just looking on IMDB and one of the actors died this year :/

And it had Cory from Boy Meets World! (Ben Savage) While watching the film I couldn't help but wonder how many roles Ryan Hansen has gotten because of his hair. It got him the part in Veronica Mars after all.

I wish people would stop trying to seem 'individual' by having coloured text :heh:

I'm just seriously bored of seeing black everywhere (except for ReZ's green and Bard's claret) so I decided to have a colour, lol. I just felt like a change for a bit. I'll probably do an Amy Winehouse next week and go Back to Black anyway so I wouldn't let it bother you much, haha.

Battle Royale

I seriously love this movie even though the book is by far better. It's definitely one of my favourite films, it's just a shame I can't say the same about the second movie.

9.5/10

Battle Royale 2: Requiem

There were some cool moments but other than that, it felt totally different from the first one and that's not exactly a good thing. However, I have seen worse sequels and it was a little enjoyable but it is a massive step down from the first.

6/10

Most attempts at colour changes are fail though...I tentatively approve of IPaul's, if he stays with the better turqiose colour, if only cause it matches his avatar.

Most attempts at colour changes are fail though...I tentatively approve of IPaul's, if he stays with the better turqiose colour, if only cause it matches his avatar.

Is this okay? I like this colour, I always have done...

I think you should write in white. That way nobody's eyes get hurt.

Or maybe yellow, ah ah!

Land of the Lost

Wow, what a terrible movie. Guess I shouldnt be suprised though, Will Ferrel just hasnt been funny in years.

Saw II

s'alright, fairly entertaining. Jisaw made the film, he's a bad ass. :grin: The rest was okay, no character development, they were all stupid and the traps were a bit silly.

Saw III

Probably my favourite Saw film much better characters/story/jigsaw being awesome throughout and the twist is much better in this one. :D

Evan Almighty

Pretty lame. John Goodman playing his usual family movie person and Steve Carousel was being un-entertaining. Cringeworthy message and Morgan Freeman being Morgan Freeman.

The ARK was cool though. I lim'd because the Brother in Law DEA officer from Breaking Bad was in it as a policeman. :p

Also,

Gilmore Girls.

Saw IV

It was confusing to me and not as well/tightly made as the others a bit all over the place. The end wasn't satisfying. :) Too much was going on.

My friend and I are gonna watch all the Saw films over the coming weeks, two more to go. They aren't particularly any good but definitely amuse.

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Improved from the first two by miles. Shock, Bella actually...wait for it...SMILED! But yeah, some good fight scenes. Dialogue still cheesy. The acting is a little better but not by much. Overall, it's not gonna win any fans but it was still a good watch.

6.5/10

Ugh. I think I'll go see it. I mean I actually liked the first one a little bit. Thought the second was absolutely terrible through and through.

Hot Tub Time Machine

Meh. Wasn't great but there were some funny moments. Overall, very average though. 5/10

Ugh. I think I'll go see it. I mean I actually liked the first one a little bit. Thought the second was absolutely terrible through and through.

It's improved a lot! I couldn't believe it myself. There's some good fight scenes too and it's a lot better than New Moon, believe me! I hated New Moon but this is better. Also, the little girl from Silent Hill and Case 39 is in it and Dakota Fanning!

Giant Octopus v Mega Shark (or something)

Yeah. So probably the worst movie I've scene...truly awful. How does this shit ever get made?

1/10

What I was going for : peace:

Edited by ipaul
Automerged Doublepost

Twilight: Eclipse

Eclipse-Rosalie-eclipse-movie-9334801-1024-768.jpg

Same-old, same-old. Though more fast and furious than New Moon, sadly Edward is in this one a lot more, and so it becomes way worse. The soundtrack was good as usual, but not as good as New Moon.

Rosalie is the only one I can bear, since she's the only sensible one. Actually speaking sense RE: Bella's ridiculous desires, and the clearly retarded rest of the Cullens. So I liked we saw her backstory in this one, since her one line in New Moon was the thing I liked best about that.

Unfortunately Stephanie Meyer's mormon allegory becomes so obvious in this, it takes away, and renders the story meaningless. The logical conclusion to this story is ignored in favour of outdated mormon rules and..yeah. The fact is, it makes no sense to want to live as a vampire in this universe. I hate her. She's Stephanie Meyer's Mary Sue, stemming presumably from Meyer's regrets/thoughts of the life she's lead (soccer mom etc). Ugh.

I love how the vampires have such shit make-up that whenever it cuts to them, I just laughed. When it cut to Rosalie reading the paper, I cracked up.

I enjoy Bryce Dallas Howard. She's a good actress. However, even she can't save the "dialogue" she was given. Plus I think she's more attractive as a blonde, like in Spider-Man 3. It suits her immaculate face more than Tori-Amos-Circa-1991 hair.

I LOVED how they portrayed a vampire's body though. (i.e made of an porcelin/ice-like substance, and able to shatter.)

But yeah, overall, it's a stupid stupid book series, turned into a visually appealing, if faulty stupid film with lovely music playing.

Twilight: Eclipse

Eclipse-Rosalie-eclipse-movie-9334801-1024-768.jpg

Same-old, same-old. Though more fast and furious than New Moon, sadly Edward is in this one a lot more, and so it becomes way worse. The soundtrack was good as usual, but not as good as New Moon.

Rosalie is the only one I can bear, since she's the only sensible one. Actually speaking sense RE: Bella's ridiculous desires, and the clearly retarded rest of the Cullens. So I liked we saw her backstory in this one, since her one line in New Moon was the thing I liked best about that.

Unfortunately Stephanie Meyer's mormon allegory becomes so obvious in this, it takes away, and renders the story meaningless. The logical conclusion to this story is ignored in favour of outdated mormon rules and..yeah. The fact is, it makes no sense to want to live as a vampire in this universe. I hate her. She's Stephanie Meyer's Mary Sue, stemming presumably from Meyer's regrets/thoughts of the life she's lead (soccer mom etc). Ugh.

I love how the vampires have such shit make-up that whenever it cuts to them, I just laughed. When it cut to Rosalie reading the paper, I cracked up.

I enjoy Bryce Dallas Howard. She's a good actress. However, even she can't save the "dialogue" she was given. Plus I think she's more attractive as a blonde, like in Spider-Man 3. It suits her immaculate face more than Tori-Amos-Circa-1991 hair.

I LOVED how they portrayed a vampire's body though. (i.e made of an porcelin/ice-like substance, and able to shatter.)

But yeah, overall, it's a stupid stupid book series, turned into a visually appealing, if faulty stupid film with lovely music playing.

I liked Neuton Star Collision by Muse but that's the only song I like from the soundtrack, New Moon's soundtrack is the best by far but Eclipse as a movie was better than the first two. I also liked how they portrayed a vampire's body. Also, thanks for the wallpaper, it's now saved on my desktop, haha. I liked Alice as well though.

I can't find the soundtrack on Spotify anymore. It was on there.

Sia's was good, and the rest on there all have things to say, and the things are good.

I can't find the soundtrack on Spotify anymore. It was on there.

Sia's was good, and the rest on there all have things to say, and the things are good.

It was taken off before I got to listen to it so I heard the songs through the movie. I need to get the soundtrack and listen properly.

Katyn

Katyn_movie_poster.jpg

Horrific, yet quite interesting, considering I knew nothing about the source material prior to watching. Just shows our arrogance (? - or whatever) that stuff like this doesn't get taught in school, it's kinda like "Auschwitz was the worst, let's focus on that." - but then 22,000 Polish people were massacred by the Soviets in Katyn; then they blamed it on the Nazis, and no one else seemed to care, and we still don't seem to care, because I've never ever heard of this before now.

Some really nice shots, and great acting etc etc, but it very much seemed to be a vehicle to say "Fuck, WWII was really bad" and it just wasn't my type of film.

Neither essential nor non-essential/10

So which is it? Worth watching, or not? Renting, or not? That's a fucked up stupid-face review that does oxymorinic stupidface. I understand that scores are useless, but they're never stupid. Stop being stupid. The movie sounded good until the last line. This is a post that compromises several one-line responses I wanted to post.

So which is it? Worth watching, or not? Renting, or not? That's a fucked up stupid-face review that does oxymorinic stupidface. I understand that scores are useless, but they're never stupid. Stop being stupid. The movie sounded good until the last line. This is a post that compromises several one-line responses I wanted to post.

Ok.

It's not essential watching, nor is it something that one must avoid.

Ah. Y'see, sometimes you, as a mathematician, confuse me with your absurd use of English. So I have to verify.

There's only one series of films that I actively 'avoid' -- the whole Twilight skidmark. Anti-Bucket-Listed.

eragon-eragon-175449_502_754.gif

Uuuur, just awful. I feel kind of ill.

I liked Neuton Star Collision by Muse but that's the only song I like from the soundtrack, New Moon's soundtrack is the best by far but Eclipse as a movie was better than the first two. I also liked how they portrayed a vampire's body. Also, thanks for the wallpaper, it's now saved on my desktop, haha. I liked Alice as well though.

Seriously? You're going to pick blue? I know this sounds twatish but there are other colours you could easily pick. This is just annoying.

Edited by Daft

eragon-eragon-175449_502_754.gif

Uuuur, just awful. I feel kind of ill.

I agree, it wasn't really very good.

Seriously? You're going to pick blue? I know this sounds twatish but there are other colours you could easily pick. This is just annoying.[/color]

And what's with the hate on blue?! lol...

I agree, it wasn't really very good.

I actually tried to like it and it got away with it for about seven and a half minutes. :heh:

And what's with the hate on blue?! lol...

I use blue! Well Navy but they're pretty much the same thing. Can't you use purple or orange?

Isn't there some kind of unspoken rule? Bros before fonts, and all that.

...that very last bit doesn't make sense... Ya know what I mean.

Edited by Daft
Uuuuuuum bop!!