NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Alien vs. Predator

EVERYTHING WAS TOO MEDIOCRE! It didn't try to better itself but it wasn't exactly crap either as there were some good scenes.

5/10

I'm going to watch AVPR and then Eden Lake...

I'm going to watch AVPR

Don't. You'll want the two hours or so back the film took from you - but they'll be gone forever... :(

Don't. You'll want the two hours or so back the film took from you - but they'll be gone forever... :(

Really? That bad? Now I'm even more intrigued...I shall watch with caution! After all, I did sit through the entire shitty collection of Seltzer and Friedburg so this should be a doddle.

I'm going to have to agree with this.

Me and The ViPeR would consider ourselves huge Alien and Predator fans. However, we were both less than impressed with AvP:R. Infact, we think the R stands for Retarded.

Brace yourself. Watch it, but don't go expecting something beautiful. I feel a bit bad for giving you such a biased view of the film before watching it. Hey, you might like it. But I must tell you that the film is a wee bit different to the previous ones.

Give it a try, then report back!

Enchanted - Meh. Boring. Some funny moments. 5/10

Snatch - Enjoyed this one alot! 8/10

Ponyo - Loved the animation and some very cute characters! 7/10

Predators - Pretty alrite.....nothing special though. 6/10

Predators

I liked, but also didn't. I can't put my finger on why though. Some parts interested me and had me fixed on the screen, whilst other parts just bored me. Definitely more interesting than not, but still not what I expected.

Twilight: Eclipse

I actually enjoyed this. Though, I laughed at bits that were obviously not meant to be laughed at. Such as the sheer obviousness of parts of the story, and how they made it clear from about 20 minutes in what was going to happen at the climax. The whole "tribal story" bullshit, I actually wanted to cry it was that painfully obvious they were going to trying to push this onto the viewer so the ending appeared 'symbolic'.

Anyway. Apart from more dreadful acting on Stewart's part, I did genuinely enjoy watching the film. The final half an hour finally delivered some action, and the constant shirtless-ness of Taylor Lautner just added to the enjoyment.

An improvement.

UP

Watched this again, think it's about the 5th or 6th time now or something haha. My sister hadn't watched it yet so I told her to watch it naaooowwwww! =P

Still love it so much, and the first part of it actually made me cry this time haha. So good. And Dug, I just love Dug. He reminds me of my own dog and her silly antics. If my dog could talk, I imagine she would be like Dug.

Superman

I don't think I've seen a film with so much bad acting, plot holes, contradictions, continuity errors and stupidity.

2/10

Superman

I don't think I've seen a film with so much bad acting, plot holes, contradictions, continuity errors and stupidity.

2/10

You take that back!! Marlon Brando and the first 20 minutes are excellent! I thought it was just brilliant.

Yeah, the rest was shit, though. I stopped watching. I think the bit before he gets to Earth should be rated separately.

You take that back!! Marlon Brando and the first 20 minutes are excellent! I thought it was just brilliant.

You mean an alien race that is in contact with other alien races (well, they talk about intergalactic wars and stuff) and so clearly should have loads of ships don't notice that their star is getting bigger and the only person who does conveniently has one ship custom-built for a baby is excellent?

Sure, Brando may have been by far the best actor, but the rest of that section was terrible.

The A-Team

A brilliant action movie. It's very straight forward with a slightly confusing but entertaining plot. What is has to do right it does: characters who keep cool and relaxed in every situation with lots of funny comments. There were quite a few situations that actually made me laugh and the action-scenes, which are plenty and diverse, are just awesome and well cut. Not a movie to remember but very entertaining to watch.

8/10

The Twilight Saga - Eclipse

It's not necessarily that Kirsten Stewart is a bad actress, it's just Bella is the most fucking annoying character ever. Get a fucking grip, fuck Jacob and then commit suicide.

On a whole, the film was far better than I expected. The music stunned, as usual. I nearly got up and clapped when the Sia song came on. I was like "What is this etherial stunner!?". If anything, that, and the Florence song in the credits made it all worthwhile (I didn't even pay entry, so I'm dealing with it well). The music content bolsters the score alot.

As expected, Dakota Fanning demonstrated her Herculean talent. She's the best thing about the whole series.

Hate with a passion Meyer's Mormon agenda. It's ok though, because it's a fail, because Bella is so fucking irritating that no one will actually want to imitate her.

6.3/10

Aliens vs. fucking Predator 2: Requiem

Absolutely bloody AWFUL! When people on here were saying it was bad, I didn't think it would be so DAMN BORING! I've seen better acting in a Year 1 Assembly. Terrible!

1/10

You mean an alien race that is in contact with other alien races (well, they talk about intergalactic wars and stuff) and so clearly should have loads of ships don't notice that their star is getting bigger and the only person who does conveniently has one ship custom-built for a baby is excellent?

Sure, Brando may have been by far the best actor, but the rest of that section was terrible.

Oh, yeah... I just liked Brando. Amazing how he can hold it all together in light of everything you just pointed out.

I loved that their excuse for not evacuating is that their other top (like they only had two, or sommit) scientist said nothing was going to happen. Why the Hell would you risk staying if there was even a remote chance your planet would be destroyed?!

Yeah, you're right. It was terrible. I liked Brando and the speech about the father becoming the son and the son becoming the father and all that faff.

Hate with a passion Meyer's Mormon agenda. It's ok though, because it's a fail, because Bella is so fucking irritating that no one will actually want to imitate her.

6.3/10

Aww you've gotta love the Mormons. They're so...endearing. With obvious exceptions...

Greenberg - Not a bad little film. Good time pass. Some nice moments. 7/10

Titanic

Loved it. I sat all the way through it, flicking over in the ads to see the score (:D:D:D) and I just thought it was brilliant. It actually made me shed a tear.

9/10

Titanic

Loved it. I sat all the way through it, flicking over in the ads to see the score (:D:D:D) and I just thought it was brilliant. It actually made me shed a tear.

9/10

Can you actually watch some good movies for once? :p

Can you actually watch some good movies for once? :p

You don't like Titanic? Why?

Too much melodrama and cheese. It's not that it's bad... it just ain't that good either. To think how fresh James Cameron used to be... *sigh*

I don't not like it; I'm just so indifferent. It's just really uncompelling, and the number 1 cliche film.

If you're going to rate movies can you at least watch interesting/good ones we actually want to read about. I really want to hear your opinion on, say, The Hours or Being John Malkovich or Dancer In The Dark or Sympathy For Lady Vengence.

If you're going to rate movies can you at least watch interesting/good ones we actually want to read about.

Yawn.

high_horse.jpg

Yawn.

Choose your pick:

- If he wants to be serious about reviewing, he needs to review interesting stuff. Titanic is the beige of the film world. I want to read his reaction to films that actually challenge.

- Get a fucking horse yourself. You seem to be really threatened by non-mainstream stuff; why? I don't buy this daren't stray from the beaten path mentality that our society seems to cling onto, born from the mentality that to be strange or challenging or innovative or great in any way is a negative thing. A lot of mainstream stuff is mainstream because it caters for the lowest common demoninator; it really isn't in any way egocentric to place yourself above that, considering the lowest common denominator in this case is a bunch of moronic Philistines. Sure, I might be slightly vehement about my distaste for Shit People (which Shit Films flows into) but you're just doing a disservice to yourself by pulling out the "get off your high horse" line; it just reeks of "I have no appreciation of art/creative expression/whatever, so I'll abase anyone that does, because that's what our society does best".

Anyway, that's all pretty much irrelevent, considering we're talking about fucking Titanic, the most overrated film ever (trailed closely by Avatar).

I'm aware I sound like a cunt, but I really really hate shite. When ignorance is elevated and praised, and anyone that is informed or well-opinionated is shunned.

Watch those movies (The Hours, DitD, John Malk etc etc), you'll probably like them.

[/written with Chris Moyles in mind, for whom I have a burning hatred]

Choose your pick:

- If he wants to be serious about reviewing, he needs to review interesting stuff. Titanic is the beige of the film world. I want to read his reaction to films that actually challenge.

- Get a fucking horse yourself. You seem to be really threatened by non-mainstream stuff; why? I don't buy this daren't stray from the beaten path mentality that our society seems to cling onto, born from the mentality that to be strange or challenging or innovative or great in any way is a negative thing. A lot of mainstream stuff is mainstream because it caters for the lowest common demoninator; it really isn't in any way egocentric to place yourself above that, considering the lowest common denominator in this case is a bunch of moronic Philistines. Sure, I might be slightly vehement about my distaste for Shit People (which Shit Films flows into) but you're just doing a disservice to yourself by pulling out the "get off your high horse" line; it just reeks of "I have no appreciation of art/creative expression/whatever, so I'll abase anyone that does, because that's what our society does best".

Anyway, that's all pretty much irrelevent, considering we're talking about fucking Titanic, the most overrated film ever (trailed closely by Avatar).

I'm aware I sound like a cunt, but I really really hate shite. When ignorance is elevated and praised, and anyone that is informed or well-opinionated is shunned.

Watch those movies (The Hours, DitD, John Malk etc etc), you'll probably like them.

"Get a fucking horse myself"? I've seen both The Hours and John Malk, so your idea of me supposedly being "scared" of non-mainstream things is utter bull. Literally completely and utterly the wrong impression of me. I was merely pointing out how above your station you sounded with your post. This is a film review thread, so people review films they've seen and either enjoyed or didn't. It's not a 'Pick a film Chairdriver would approve of and rate it' thread.

And what? Just because I tell you I feel you're being a little rude automatically means I hate all things out of the norm, and beyond ordinary? Just don't. Please explain why you feel there are any grounds for you telling me I'm threatened by non-mainstream things, because it's complete bullshit. I'm genuinely laughing at the fact you think all I watch is things like Titanic and Twilight considering I've reviewed a massive range of films in this thread. From random independent ones, to Hsm3. So give me a break.

And for the record, I really enjoy Titanic. However, Avatar is beyond me.

God not this shit again.

I don't not like it; I'm just so indifferent. It's just really uncompelling, and the number 1 cliche film.

If you're going to rate movies can you at least watch interesting/good ones we actually want to read about. I really want to hear your opinion on, say, The Hours or Being John Malkovich or Dancer In The Dark or Sympathy For Lady Vengence.

Choose your pick:

facepalm.jpg

"Get a fucking horse myself"? I've seen both The Hours and John Malk, so your idea of me supposedly being "scared" of non-mainstream things is utter bull. Literally completely and utterly the wrong impression of me. I was merely pointing out how above your station you sounded with your post. This is a film review thread, so people review films they've seen and either enjoyed or didn't. It's not a 'Pick a film Chairdriver would approve of and rate it' thread.

And what? Just because I tell you I feel you're being a little rude automatically means I hate all things out of the norm, and beyond ordinary? Just don't. Please explain why you feel there are any grounds for you telling me I'm threatened by non-mainstream things, because it's complete bullshit. I'm genuinely laughing at the fact you think all I watch is things like Titanic and Twilight considering I've reviewed a massive range of films in this thread. From random independent ones, to Hsm3. So give me a break.

And for the record, I really enjoy Titanic. However, Avatar is beyond me.

applause.jpg