NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I actually tried to like it and it got away with it for about seven and a half minutes. :heh:

Yeah, I liked the books but the movie just sucked...bad.

I use blue! Well Navy but they're pretty much the same thing. Can't you use purple or orange?

Isn't there some kind of unspoken rule? Bros before fonts, and all that.

So you're saying this looks better? haha...actually, it kinda does...Plus, they're both different colours, lol. Well, they are to me anyway...

It's A Wonderful Afterlife

Meh, some parts were funny and some parts just felt forced.

5/10

Edited by Animal

[/color]

Yeah, I liked the books but the movie just sucked...bad.

So you're saying this looks better? haha

It's A Wonderful Afterlife

Meh, some parts were funny and some parts just felt forced.

5/10

Yeah, I think purple looks pretty slick. Purple rocks.

I wonder what dark orange looks like....

Or orange....

Oooo, maybe teal.

I quite like teal, although what is this DarkOrchid one. Weird name.

Hmmmm, maybe DarkOrchid? It pops a bit more.

Edit: Naaaah, normal purple rocks.

Edited by Daft

What about black? It looks nicer, is easier to read and requires no extra coding.

Yeah, I think purple looks pretty slick. Purple rocks.

I wonder what dark orange looks like....

Or orange....

Oooo, maybe teal.

I quite like teal, although what is this DarkOrchid one. Weird name.

Hmmmm, maybe DarkOrchid? It pops a bit more.

Edit: Naaaah, normal purple rocks.

What's your thoughts on Indigo? :heh:

What about black? It looks nicer, is easier to read and requires no extra coding.

I'm just bored with typing with black. I figured the colours are there for a reason so why not use them...: peace:

Everyone with special needs gets a colour.

What's your thoughts on Indigo? :heh:

I'm just bored with typing with black. I figured the colours are there for a reason so why not use them...: peace:

Indigo ain't bad. I actually quite like teal now. :heh:

Everyone with special needs gets a colour.

Indigo ain't bad. I actually quite like teal now. :heh:

Teal is being used by ipaul, haha.

Teal is being used by ipaul, haha.

Ah, I thought I'd seen it somewhere.

I think we're all good now. Back to films I don't like.

4571768a%20The-Imaginarium-Of-Doctor-Parnassus-Poster-2.jpg

A bit all over the place. Got bored half way through. Started off great, though.

The CGI sucked.

Terry Gilliam is one of the most inconsistent film makers out there. I rate his better films as some of my favorites of all time but the rest is often bleh.

Brazil is untouchable.

Ah, I thought I'd seen it somewhere.

I think we're all good now. Back to films I don't like.

4571768a%20The-Imaginarium-Of-Doctor-Parnassus-Poster-2.jpg

A bit all over the place. Got bored half way through. Started off great, though.

The CGI sucked.

THANK YOU! I didn't like this either. One minute it's here, next minute it's there and there were some good CGI moments but it wasn't brilliant as everybody makes it out to be. The only reason why people love it is because it was Heath Ledger's last ever movie.

I'd highly recommend MirrorMask to anyone who likes a good gilliam film. While the humour isn't echoed, the imagination (thanks to a certain Mr. Gaiman behind it) is most certainly present. A must for anyone into their quirky-but-cute films.

Terry Gilliam is one of the most inconsistent film makers out there. I rate his better films as some of my favorites of all time but the rest is often bleh.

Brazil is untouchable.

So true... especially those last 20 mins. And so is holy grail.

Just got round to watching Brick. My main complaint is the lack of subtitles combined with the mumbling and the frequent shots during dialogue that didn't have the mouthes of the speakers. I must've missed around a third of the script.

A very condensed flick that, I suppose, really just says "noir is totally dead unless you spoof it in such a way that the viewer is more concerned with trying to find parallels rather than realising how obvious the story is".

Having said that, I very much enjoyed watching it. It's tense and vivid, and it's actually rather refreshing to see a 'teen'-cast movie that tries to take itself seriously, when the easier option would've been satire.

The Goods : Live Hard, Sell Hard

Pretty hilarious. Has some extremely funny lines and is very quotable. Great cast, pretty much everyone is in this.

8.5/10

I'd highly recommend MirrorMask to anyone who likes a good gilliam film. While the humour isn't echoed, the imagination (thanks to a certain Mr. Gaiman behind it) is most certainly present. A must for anyone into their quirky-but-cute films.

Directed by Dave McKean of being-a-brilliant-artist fame too.

Clueless

I always enjoy.

Just the bit where Dionne accidently drives onto the freeway and they're all screaming, and Cher's shouting "Shut up! SHUT UP!" at no one in particular, whilst crying.

And "Sir, I was surfing the crimson wave and had to haul ass to the ladies."

Yes Man

This got mixed reviews from what I've seen and I guess you either like or hate Jim Carrey's style of comedy but I loved this. Thought there were some genuinely good bits, with some laughs thrown in there although I think the almost non-comedic bits were the best of what was on offer here, and as weird of an on screen 'couple' as it may seem, Jim Carrey and Zooey Deschanel did work well together. Similarly, Rhys Darby was great in his role as Norm providing a light-heartness to the proceedings.

So yeh, I liked it. For some reason, it sort of put my shamefully dull life into perspective a bit seeing as, at times, I am and act like the character Carl before he makes his Yes covenant. ::shrug:

Also, any film which manages to bring some Journey to the screen is always a plus in my eyes. Love Separate Ways and it was used rather well with the Ducati scene.

8 out of 10

--------------------------

The Wrestler

I've never seen Mickey Rourke in anything before seeing this but I thought this was fantastic. Really well done. His performance was one of the best pieces of acting I've seen in a film ever. Overkill maybe? Not really as I genuinely felt it was a really strong performance from the guy.

I thought the story was good and the way in which it ends was exactly how I'd want it to if I was making it. I'm still questioning Marisa Tomei's position in the film and why she/her character was there really as she doesn't really have much impact on the overall happenings of the film. Is she there to put Rourke's character into perspective or something? To show a weakness in him? That's the only thing I'm sort of left scratching my head at.

But as I said, really enjoyed it, really well done and a thought provoking watching.

9 out of 10

Edited by Ganepark32

--------------------------

The Wrestler

I thought the story was good and the way in which it ends was exactly how I'd want it to if I was making it. I'm still questioning Marisa Tomei's position in the film and why she/her character was there really as she doesn't really have much impact on the overall happenings of the film. Is she there to put Rourke's character into perspective or something? To show a weakness in him? That's the only thing I'm sort of left scratching my head at.

But as I said, really enjoyed it, really well done and a thought provoking watching.

9 out of 10

Great film, was she not there to show that his life reached a low that the only chance of a woman for him was some stripper that he kept thinking he had a chance with (did she keep denying him) where as when he was famous he had a wife/girlfriend (I think) and was sorted until he lost his fame and with that his money.

I particularly liked his story with his daughter, I thought it was a great moment at the run down funfair (i think, i not seen it for ages) and they were talking to each other and were finally open with each other, great stuff.

Predator

Brilliant, I absolutely loved it. I thought it was brilliant. The story, the acting, the special effects (considering it was from the eighties) was just good.

8/10

Alice in Wonderland.

A rather mixed bag, I think Tim Burton needs to stay away from CGI and 3D or approach CGI differently, as some of the scenes were just bleh to watch and added nothing all while not being interesting to look at. He also managed to make Anne Hathaway look fugly as the White Queen.

Otherwise I found it to be an enjoyable take on the story, although the Hatter wasn't as Mad as I expected.

Black Snake Moan

Solid all round. And I'm not just saying that cos' Christina Ricci had hardly any clothes on all the film! HAAAII-OOOOH!

7/10

Batman Mask of the Phantasm

Enjoyed it. Thought it was pretty well done. 7/10

Enchanted

Eurgh. Very slow start, ok middle, boring end. Lead actress was hot though. 6/10

shrek_forever_after_poster_movie_trailer.jpg

Wasn't bad. Not a patch on the others, especially the first two. What knocked it down was that everything from the previous films was pretty much null and void and couldn't be brought up, which you would normally expect from a sequel.

6-7/10

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - love this movie to bits. 10/10

Star Wars - The Empire Strikes Back - love this movie to bits. 10/10

Ah you've reminded me I need to go back and watch that trilogy. I remember as a child I always had an order of preference: Empire Strikes Back > New Hope > Return Of The Jedi. I wonder if that would be the same now.

Ah you've reminded me I need to go back and watch that trilogy. I remember as a child I always had an order of preference: Empire Strikes Back > New Hope > Return Of The Jedi. I wonder if that would be the same now.

Yeh I would probably agree with you on that order of preference. Next up...Return of the Jedi!

the_men_who_stare_at_goats.jpg

There are some absolutely great bits in it but I can't help but think it was lacking a little kick somewhere. Enjoyable.