Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Funny People

Dire Apatow pish. Aziz Ansari and Aubrey Plaza's Face are undeniably the only redeeming features of this Rogenfest.

1/10

Me and You and Everyone We Know

Lovely film, even if it does seem like it's being quirky for quirky's sake. Incredible moment involving a 15 year old and his 6 year old brother using an online chatroom to mess with lonely sex obsessed women. "I want to poop back and forth"

7/10

Pitch

Great documentary about the laborious and impossible task of pitching an unsolicited script to Hollywood production compaines. It really shows the film industry for the rotten, incestuous business that it is. Highly informative and enjoyable, and starring/directed by Kenny Hotz and Spencer Rice.

9/10

Hahahaha, you know, I said almost exactly the same thing not too long back. Christian Bale has a habit of making his co-stars the better actor in the film. He was completely outshone in Terminator Salvation by Sam Worthington and Anton Yelchin. I'm probably only one of few, but I honestly think that Bale makes a poor Batman and an even poorer Bruce Wayne. He also was a bit crap as John Connor, so that's two slash three of the biggest "icons" in film he's played and not lived up to, for me.

You and I have had this conversation before, it means we're awesome and Christian Bale sucks rabbit dick.

I have bought both the Star Wars trilogies but 1-3 haven't arrived yet. Should I wait or start with 4-6? (Why would be nice)

Anyway, watched Fast and Furious today. And I liked it. That's all >_>

I don't see the problem, it happens pretty early on and I don't say who, but whatever.

Too bad the girl died though. Was expecting her to show up again during the entire movie.

7/10

Edited by Tales

I have bought both the Star Wars trilogies but 1-3 haven't arrived yet. Should I wait or start with 4-6? (Why would be nice)

Anyway, watched Fast and Furious today. And I liked it. That's all >_> Too bad the girl died though. Was expecting her to show up again during the entire movie. 7/10

Way to spoil the movie! haha :p

The Box

Actually pretty good. Had a good creepy retro feel to it, kind of like The Twilight Zone. There was one bit where a guy was staring in through a window which was both creepy and hilarious in equal measure (there is a clip of it in the trailer, but it's so much better in the actual movie).

It's nothing like what I expected. Although I hadn't really seen any trailers for it.

how it was always the woman that pushed the button. Seeing as it was quite heavy on the religion, it could have been a link to original sin.

8/10

The Box

Actually pretty good. Had a good creepy retro feel to it, kind of like The Twilight Zone. There was one bit where a guy was staring in through a window which was both creepy and hilarious in equal measure (there is a clip of it in the trailer, but it's so much better in the actual movie).

It's nothing like what I expected. Although I hadn't really seen any trailers for it.

how it was always the woman that pushed the button. Seeing as it was quite heavy on the religion, it could have been a link to original sin.

8/10

8? Really? Every review I've seen for it has been abysmal, so I figured it probably would be. Plus, Cameron Diaz just can't act to save her life. I do love watching her try to though.

It has shit moments, but they kind of fit in with the whole retro feel of it. It really does seem like an old movie/TV sci fi show. Like I said before, it seems a lot like an episode of The Twilight Zone.

And yeah, Cameron Diaz is a bit shit.

I think the main highlight is also a main drawback. It's not the same sort of film that it seems to be in the trailer. People who like the look of it in the trailer will probably hate it. I expected it to be just about them deciding to push the button or not, then dealing with consequences, but it gets a bit weird.

Also, there was a lot of talking. If you get into the story it's good, otherwise it gets dull.

I'm not saying it's a film everyone should rush out and see, but if there's nothing else on it might be worth a watch to kill some time. To put some perspective on it, 4 of us went to see it, 2 liked it, 2 hated it. 1 from each group liked the trailer, the other didn't. It seems to divide oppinion.

I'd actually consider watching it based on Goafers review, but my body would reject Cameron Diaz being on screen. It would try and repel it, the only way to do so in such a situation would be for my own body to kill me (heart failure or something) so yeah.

Cameron Diaz is shit basically.

Extract

Very funny movie with great actors and a cool storyline. The story seems a bit like it's not going anywhere (don't want to spoil anything) but the character development is great and it's funny how everything fits together yet always is strangly unexpected.

7.5/10

2012-movie-poster.jpg

Not a bad movie. Quite enjoyed it and everyone I know says it's fantastic. I found it okay. The storyline is simple and the effects were brilliant but in some places, it dragged.

Overall, enjoyable.

6 or 7/10

happy_go_lucky2.jpg

Happy-go-lucky

I've seen this movie before. Absolutely loved it, such a brilliant drama/comedy.

8/10

Stayed over a mate's house the weekend, had a movie night and saw a few films...

The Fourth Kind

Brilliant film! Starts off slow at first, but the atmosphere gradually becomes more and more tense. Some quite freaky moments, but not amazingly terrifying. They made the "archive footage" seem so real too, I actually did believe it was all real for a long while! It's certainly unnerving though, and a must see for any science fiction horror fans. 9/10

Paranormal Activity

This was so blatantly not real, and was even slower that the previous film! However, the banter between the couple involved is still entertaining, and the last 30 minutes of the film make it entertaining enough. If anyone likes shows like Most Haunted (wether that's for the ghost hunting or comedy value), then you'll like this one. There's deffinitely slow pacing, but I guess that helps give it context. The version we saw was the original version, and had a different ending to the cinema version. From what I've heard, I actually prefer the ending I saw. 8/10

Oh my God, this film is so ridiculous! It's over-the-top cliched hollywood garbage.

I mean, seriously, half the stuff the main family go through should have got them killed! There's no way the President of the USA would stay behind to die, all the leaders wouldn't give two shits about anyone but themselves. The "Ark" concept was stupid too. The only character I liked was the Russian guy who flew the plane, and he gets killed!

It switches between different characters too quickly to make you care about them. Everything about this film was facepalm-worthy. Infact, I've a new drinking game from this movie; take a shot any time anyone is supposed to die. You'd be hammered after the first 20 minutes! At least it'd probably be entertaining then! 3/10

The Box

My favourite thing ever (not really). I loved. On all levels. The fact you both enjoy and hate the way the story goes, how ambiguous everything is, how mediocre the script is. How great it all is.

I agree with Goafer (I think it was) how lovely and like a Twilight Zone episode it felt. I do believe that's what it was aiming for.

You'll love it or hate it (but could find it great in any case)

7/10

The Box

My favourite thing ever (not really). I loved. On all levels. The fact you both enjoy and hate the way the story goes, how ambiguous everything is, how mediocre the script is. How great it all is.

I agree with Goafer (I think it was) how lovely and like a Twilight Zone episode it felt. I do believe that's what it was aiming for.

You'll love it or hate it (but could find it great in any case)

7/10

think the scene where the guy was staring in through her window at her was both creepy as fuck and amazingly funny at the same time? It was when he walked past the second window that made me laugh the most.

think the scene where the guy was staring in through her window at her was both creepy as fuck and amazingly funny at the same time? It was when he walked past the second window that made me laugh the most.

I actually thought those kinda bits were brilliant. I love the "blood runs cold" kinda scares, not just jump ones. Same when the waiter held up 2 fingers at the party. My heart clenched.

I laughed more (in a similar situation) in the library where she's guided to the no-face guy, and a random fat woman walks between the book shelves staring at her.

Pitch

Great documentary about the laborious and impossible task of pitching an unsolicited script to Hollywood production compaines. It really shows the film industry for the rotten, incestuous business that it is. Highly informative and enjoyable, and starring/directed by Kenny Hotz and Spencer Rice.

9/10

Kenny and Spenny!? You've sold it to me. Downloading it now.