N-Europe

Super Mario Bros. 35 (Dead)

Ashley

6 minutes ago, Ike said:

This will be so hectic. Wait, do you go through the full game or just levels?

No idea. It seems the full game is there, but whether you play them all in a row until you die or not remains to be seen.

That said, splitting each level up into it's own room would be weird.

And if you do play the whole game, will the warp zones be allowed? I hope not. Wanna do the whole game with this nonsense going on.

Just now, Dcubed said:

Such a shame to have a great idea wasted on a game with such a short expiry date :( 

Yeah, I’m hoping they eventually decide against that. I mean the game will have a limited run anyway (just like every online based digital only title) but at least keep it running for the entire lifespan of the Switch online services. ::shrug: 

7 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

I just want to point out that very recently, I finally won a game for the first time on Tetris 99. And now SMB 35 is happening.

In other words, you're welcome.

(I'll defo win a game quicker here, no question)

I'm probably better at Tetris than Super Mario Bros. And I'm not that good at Tetris.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Nah, the other players aren't in your game, they just send enemies to other people's screens when they defeat them.

It's more like Tetris 99.

Yeah. But still kind of reminds me of it. 

Having all 35 in one screen would have been fun as well, though... 

This looks really neat, smart way to follow up on the success of Tetris 99 being attached to NSO too. Not sure if I'll dabble with it for particularly long, but it looks like a good time! 

As for the limited release window, in this case, I have to wonder if it's tied to some performance figures they saw for Tetris 99?Maybe the number of players tailed off around the six month mark, and that's why Nintendo are planning to drop it at the end of March?

I think it would be great if they just left it up  to be honest, because this is almost exactly the typical argument for game preservation: a digital-only release being taken away after a limited time. Hope they at least think about it if it does well, but the limited time run lasting only until the last day of their financial year just feels grubby to me.

Guess there's another game I'll be mentioning that for...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...