Julius

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, RedShell said:

Indeed.
I just thank god for online play (even crappy Nintendo style online :grin:) for protecting my nose from such atrocities. :hehe:

Watch them implement "Smell Chat" for that true immersion. Nintendo will revolutionize online eSports.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

 It's stuff like this why I don't go to gaming conventions or any kind of comic-con event. I've been to a couple over the years and both times have been filled with people who don't have good personal hygiene. It's no wonder gamers and comic book fans have the reputations they do.

Ok to be fair to places like comic con, while I'm sure there are people there who just have bad hygiene, its mostly due to the fact that people are crammed into these places and it gets very very hot. A lot of the time they are in cosplay as well which makes it worse. I'm off to London comic con this weekend with @Goafer and in this heat its gonna be pretty bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Ok to be fair to places like comic con, while I'm sure there are people there who just have bad hygiene, its mostly due to the fact that people are crammed into these places and it gets very very hot. A lot of the time they are in cosplay as well which makes it worse. I'm off to London comic con this weekend with @Goafer and in this heat its gonna be pretty bad.

4-273426-1.png

If everyone wore anti-perspirant then it would certainly help the situation. I have some at home, carry one in my car and have one in my desk at work. There's no excuse to not use stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh god CEX...the staff, the customers, the shelves, the money...the whole place just absolutely stinks like a sweaty arse!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

4-273426-1.png

If everyone wore anti-perspirant then it would certainly help the situation. I have some at home, carry one in my car and have one in my desk at work. There's no excuse to not use stuff like this.

Forcing yourself not to sweat can lead to overheating.

Costumes having no pockets or storage.

Costumes not having good access to apply sprays

Pressurised containers possibly being confiscated.

 

There's 4 valid reasons for not wearing anti perspirant. Of course I'll shower in the morning and put deodorant on, but I'll be wearing a fur suit all day and I'm sure nature will take its course.

I've never personally found conventions to be that bad, other than the heat. I do wonder how many complainers have actually been.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all going and bumping this thread got me so excited that some info surfaced.

And then I have to see @Kaepora_Gaebora talking about sweaty arses and learn about @Hero-of-Time's secret job of advertising Nivea products.

That's my day ruined.

  • Haha 8
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

4-273426-1.png

If everyone wore anti-perspirant then it would certainly help the situation. I have some at home, carry one in my car and have one in my desk at work. There's no excuse to not use stuff like this.

That's blown my mind. I've only literally found out there's a difference between deodorant and anti-perspirant. I guess I just assumed they were the same thing :blank:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait what, the Nivea anti-perspirant spray is now confirmed for Smash??

 

65_A5_E27_E-91_C0-4_CA5-_B136-5_D3_BE24_

Edited by markderoos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 12
  • Weird 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Goafer said:

Forcing yourself not to sweat can lead to overheating.

Costumes having no pockets or storage.

Costumes not having good access to apply sprays

Pressurised containers possibly being confiscated.

 

There's 4 valid reasons for not wearing anti perspirant. Of course I'll shower in the morning and put deodorant on, but I'll be wearing a fur suit all day and I'm sure nature will take its course.

I've never personally found conventions to be that bad, other than the heat. I do wonder how many complainers have actually been.

Oh, I get that wearing a full costume obviously has issues but not everyone wears them. The NERG convention I went to a couple of years back ( retro gaming thing in the North East ) had very few cosplayers but the place still had odour issues and that was very early on in the day. I'm not trying to offend anyone or looking for an argument but I just find it weird that the gym I go to, which is a single room but densely packed area that has people working out in it all day, can somehow smell better than both the gaming and comic book conventions i've been to. ::shrug: 

You can see why gamers, comic book fans or anything of nerd culture ( I don't use this in the derogative sense ) has this reputation around them. CEX is associated with gamers and that is always being pulled apart from being a bit of a stinky place, no matter the brach. Forbidden Planet used to have that same stigma around it but that seemed to fade away once a lot of their stores got makeovers and turned from dingy little comic shops into more open and better lit areas. The one that used to be in Newcastle used to be like this and the newer store is far more welcoming. 

@markderoos that is hilarious. :D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Oh, I get that wearing a full costume obviously has issues but not everyone wears them. The NERG convention I went to a couple of years back ( retro gaming thing in the North East ) had very few cosplayers but the place still had odour issues and that was very early on in the day. I'm not trying to offend anyone or looking for an argument but I just find it weird that the gym I go to, which is a single room but densely packed area that has people working out in it all day, can somehow smell better than both the gaming and comic book conventions i've been to. ::shrug: 

You can see why gamers, comic book fans or anything of nerd culture ( I don't use this in the derogative sense ) has this reputation around them. CEX is associated with gamers and that is always being pulled apart from being a bit of a stinky place, no matter the brach. Forbidden Planet used to have that same stigma around it but that seemed to fade away once a lot of their stores got makeovers and turned from dingy little comic shops into more open and better lit areas. The one that used to be in Newcastle used to be like this and the newer store is far more welcoming. 

@markderoos that is hilarious. :D 

 

 

I’ve never really associated the smell in CEX with people but with all the used products. When our local CEX opened it immediately had that smell and there was basically nobody in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I’ve never really associated the smell in CEX with people but with all the used products. When our local CEX opened it immediately had that smell and there was basically nobody in it. 

It is strange how they all smell the same. :laughing: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Switch_SuperSmashBrosUltimate_illustrati

So, December 7th 2018 it is! 

Love the name, and the key art is gorgeous. In case you missed the Direct, the game has been confirmed to have every single playable character who has been featured in the previous entries, in addition to two new characters: Inkling and Ridley. A slew of changes across the board, too, ranging from the meta and controls to some minor and returning character redesigns.

Also: SNAAAAAAAAAKE! :D 

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

image.png

Hi I'm Daisy!

Oh, yeah. And Daisy.

I didn’t forget about her. I swear.:blank:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta say, I'm very surprised this isn't launching alongside Nintendo's online service. It could do with a headline game to help the service at launch and this could have been it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Gotta say, I'm very surprised this isn't launching alongside Nintendo's online service. It could do with a headline game to help the service at launch and this could have been it.

Earlier my mate asked me whether the release date has been announced, as he wasn't able to check. I told him, his first text (loosely translated):

"Lol, why the fuck aren't they releasing this alongside their online service?" :laughing:

It's baffling to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MindFreak said:

Ridley announcement separated from the Direct:

 

Ridley's reaction towards Samus Kirby. :laughing: "Just what the hell is this."

I posted my comments in the E3 Smash Direct thread.

In short, some cool stuff, of which a lot they really didn't need to elaborate on, and I wanted far more new stuff shown. Getting it regardless obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, that Direct went on for way too long. I like Smash, but jeez. That "Ultimate" in the title is earned, though, could it be that they're bringing back every character and stage ever? That is perfect.

...And truth be told, when Ridley got revealed, I got hyped like I never expected to. Holy shit, they even called him big. He looks freaking amazing.

If they release a bundle with the GC controller, it's day 1 for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So much Inkling action on the Treehouse. :blank:

I don't get the moveset. Why downgrade the squid transformation to just a method to refill ink? The squid movement is such a core concept in Splatoon, it really should've been part of that moveset. There's plenty of ink left on the stages already, it should have been a no-brainer.

Edited by Sméagol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right at the end, Unreal Engine appears at the bottom of the acknowledgements. Is that referring to use in a earlier game in the Direct, or Smash Bros Ultimate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt hopeful when Sakurai commented that he planned for all of those characters to be unlocked in an enjoyable way, I hope that way is via an adventure/story mode similar to Subspace Emissary but more well-done.

And those gameplay refinements are exciting and welcome. :D

@Jonnas

Quote

Man, that Direct went on for way too long. I like Smash, but jeez. 

 

@Hero-of-Time

Quote

Gotta say, I'm very surprised this isn't launching alongside Nintendo's online service. It could do with a headline game to help the service at launch and this could have been it.

I would've appreciated more worthwhile information such as online functionality details be that online communication (voice chat, texting, add friends with simplicity, player history list, smooth connectivity with minimum lag etc), online modes (tourney, teams, tag-style teams, singles, free-for-all, adventure co-op, mission objective muliplayer like target smash, homerun and race to the finish etc etc etc), Switches local play features and so on. Instead of showing all the blooming characters he could've just quite simply said "All characters from previous Smashes will be playable and we have 3 surprise characters *shows the reveal*" and then speak about the above details. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mandalore said:

Right at the end, Unreal Engine appears at the bottom of the acknowledgements. Is that referring to use in a earlier game in the Direct, or Smash Bros Ultimate?

Yeah, that's not Smash. I'm pretty sure another game uses it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beverage said:

I felt hopeful when Sakurai commented that he planned for all of those characters to be unlocked in an enjoyable way, I hope that way is via an adventure/story mode similar to Subspace Emissary but more well-done.

 

Amiibo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites