N-Europe

Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017

Ronnie

VC... or not VC? That is the question. :heh:

I'm very hopeful that the service will be launching in at least some capacity tomorrow. :)

Probably with a few representative titles for each digital format, hopefully titles we haven't seen before, maybe something like this...

NES - Dragon Warrior

SNES - Starwing

N64 - Bomberman 64 The Second Attack

GBA - Mother 3

GC - Wace Race: Blue Storm

So that way, we'd start with getting VC titles which we haven't had before at least and the rest of the existing library could be ported over if it isn't already ready that is. :D

Beyond that, I don't know, even the above titles might not come out but I know that they would certainly be a good start, especially if they somehow managed to get Starwing up and running. : peace:

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NES - Dragon Warrior

SNES - Starwing

N64 - Bomberman 64 The Second Attack

GBA - Mother 3

GC - Wace Race: Blue Storm

Don't toy with my heart.

It still annoys me that SFX games haven't been on the VC system. I would love a journalist to quiz Nintendo and find out the real reason why they haven't been part of the library.

Don't toy with my heart.

It still annoys me that SFX games haven't been on the VC system. I would love a journalist to quiz Nintendo and find out the real reason why they haven't been part of the library.

They should just put an FX chip in every console. I need to play the proper version of Yoshi's Island as I've only ever played the GBA version.

Maybe that's why I'm not the biggest fan of that game.. ::shrug:

NES - Dragon Warrior

I actually played that on Android. : peace: And the 2nd game. Must finish the 3rd sometime; then that's all the mainline Dragon Quests done (apart from X).

They should just put an FX chip in every console. I need to play the proper version of Yoshi's Island as I've only ever played the GBA version.

Maybe that's why I'm not the biggest fan of that game.. ::shrug:

No, that's not the reason... :heh:

PLEEEEEASE!!!

9 hours is excessive isn't it? It has to be SOMETHING!?!!

Probably prepping the first major firmware update (hopefully).

Don't toy with my heart.

Isn't it a legal/licensing issue to do with the chip? They're perfectly capable of emulating the games since the Wii.

Isn't it a legal/licensing issue to do with the chip? They're perfectly capable of emulating the games since the Wii.

Yep, exactly that. It's why the GBA version of Yoshi's Island is perfectly OK to put on the WiiU.

Or he's referencing F-Zero :P

F-Zero+Metroid: Federation Force Racing

On a serious note, though, I kind of hope Nintendo can save what has felt like an average E3 so far with their Spotlight and Treehouse Livestream. I can't remember feeling this underwhelmed watching E3 last year, at least. Perhaps it's because Ubisoft has been the only one to get it right, and surprise us all with Beyond Good & Evil 2?

Other than that, there have been very, very few major surprises this year, it feels. It's in Nintendo's hand as to whether or not they steal the show from everyone once again now.

I wanted to see a, built from the ground up for Switch, Monster Hunter but can't see that happening now.

I also want to see more of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and I'd like to see a Waverace and a 3D Metroid (a 2D one would feel too much of a throwback, plus there's a good few games of this ilk on Switch already).

I really hope a good amount of games are announced tonight. I'm not necessarily at the point where I'm regretting my Switch purchase but I would like to know theres some stuff on the horizon for me. Not being interested in Splatoon or Arms puts a bit of a downer on this year until Mario really. This is why I wanted the VC up as early as possible as well.

I really hope a good amount of games are announced tonight. I'm not necessarily at the point where I'm regretting my Switch purchase but I would like to know theres some stuff on the horizon for me. Not being interested in Splatoon or Arms puts a bit of a downer on this year until Mario really. This is why I wanted the VC up as early as possible as well.

Yeah, i'm eager for something to play on the platform, even if it is just some of the classics. I need that Virtual Console ASAP. I'm still picking up ARMS this week but i'm not that excited for it.

I wanted to see a, built from the ground up for Switch, Monster Hunter but can't see that happening now.

I can. I believe that leak that came now, since it has all come to play. According to that, there's a traditional Monster Hunter in the works for the Switch :)

Man I certainly hope so!

Everything about it has turned out correct, so it's all good.

Of course it means Capcom are in chaos due to the signing and changes

and that Sony literally paid them to put it on whatever device they wanted except Switch, which is madness.

Everything about it has turned out correct, so it's all good.

Of course it means Capcom are in chaos due to the signing and changes

and that Sony literally paid them to put it on whatever device they wanted except Switch, which is madness.

Good for me. I'm sick of the series being held back by being on the weaker platforms. Had a Switch version been made then I imagine the PS4/One versions would have to be compromised. I'll quite happily take 2 very different versions of Monster Hunter.

Business is business I guess, fair play to Sony for doing that. World seems perfectly suited for home consoles with extra power for the online functionality, whereas Switch is leading the charge with portability and local play.

Speaking of which lots of e3 shows I've been Watching the presenters all talking about their Switch's etc, feel like a lot of buzz and Nintendo have a really big opportunity to lay down a marker today, if they get this presentation right and generate the buzz that Microsoft failed to do, I really think k they could be headed for PS4 levels of popularity.

I'm sure they'll fuck it up somehow though!

I'm sure they'll fuck it up somehow though!

We'll see in a few hours :p

I suggest lowered expectations. They said the focus is on games this year and there's not really much room for many megatons this year, even if they spread to next

We'll see in a few hours :p

I suggest lowered expectations. They said the focus is on games this year and there's not really much room for many megatons this year, even if they spread to next

I'm taking the Michael Pachter approach with you now, so my expectations are now raised. :D

Good for me. I'm sick of the series being held back by being on the weaker platforms. Had a Switch version been made then I imagine the PS4/One versions would have to be compromised. I'll quite happily take 2 very different versions of Monster Hunter.

Agree word for word. Have two series - one for the powerful and developed online consoles and one for the portable.