N-Europe

Sleep

Stocka

I use to struggle sleeping at night due to finding it difficult to get comfortable or because of the temperature, but recently I'm sleeping incredible. I fall asleep pretty much as soon as my head hits the pillow. Also every night this week I've had a strange dream, although the majority have been good.

Hmm.. I suppose theres just something about January that makes you sleep better. Or maybe its just me...

Well to make this thread into discussion instead of me ranting about my nights...

How well do you sleep?

What time do you go to bed?

Anything else to do with sleep...?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally sleep pretty well throughout the night, i seldom wake up. Nice deep sleeper.

As for bed, that ranges from 11pm to 3am, i tend to sleep until 7am-12am (depends on the day, college schedule etc)

I really could do with more sleep though. I can sleep when im dead though.

Crappily is how I sleep. Takes me ages to get to sleep. Speaking of my doctor told me to go back soon if his suggestions haven't worked and he might put me on pills.

Anyway im a light sleeper. So when I've got a day off I wake up from 7-8 as everyone gets up and ready and I just lay there.

I've got a horrible sleeping schedule. Haven't been going to bed before at least 3 or 4 am recently (at the earliest). Going to bed at 5 am is very common for me right now. I blame it on not getting used to this time zone again (went to the States recently)... though I already had a horrible sleeping schedule before that too.

Actually didn't go to sleep at all two nights ago to try and get back to a normal schedule, but of course it didn't help. ='3

As for the sleep itself, it depends. When I'm stressed, I can be in bed awake for hours, not being able to fall asleep. And my sleep is usually filled with weird and disturbing dreams, which tend to wake me up. I'm also a light sleeper sometimes, so the slightest sound will wake me up then.

I love to sleep (I can easily sleep up to 12 hours when I have the chance... which rarely happens), I just wish I'd be able to get more of it. =D

I really could do with more sleep. I can sleep when im dead though.

Very well said.

I'm with Eenuh. The sandman is no friend of mine.

Isn't it all tied in to conscious/unconscious anxiety and stuff like that? Like, if you have a lot on you rmind, you're obviously not going to sleep very well. But even if you have nothing on the brain, your unconscious does...

I usually lie in my bed for ages. At only time I've slept amazingly was when I went on a "diet" for lent, I think I'll do it again this year, It wasn't really a diet, just I only let myself eat 4 times a day, and it did micarcles for my sleep. Also, I only had one sort of unhealthy food a day, and it was usually a Fab after dinner. Yummy!

However, when I wake up I can easily get up and I get alert quickly. At the weekend though, I lie in my bed til I have to get up for the bus to town, which is about 10:30 and on Sunday's I can easily lie til 12 or later. That ruins my sleeping plan, as I usually get up at 7:30.

I usually dream about something normal, then some of my thoughts from before I fell asleep kinad creep in.

Hmm used to sleep quite well but since I got to choose my own sleep times eg 6th form things kind of went downhill. One summer I reguarly went to bed 3-4am and slept in till 12-2. Awful stuff now have bags under my eyes which is a shame cant really get to bed before 12 wake up about 10 for uni study. We have a big hoursly bell at my uni which I can hear when I try to get to sleep, it doesn't wake me up but torments me by letting me know how late its getting if I can't get to sleep. Want more sleep!

When I'm in college, I usually sleep from about midnight/1am till about 9am. For the last month I've had a break from college and my sleeping pattern has suffered. I stay up until about 4 or 5am, and then sleep till about 1 or 2pm. So after a few days of this I got stuck with this sleeping pattern so the night before I go back to college I'll probably get about 2 or 3 hours sleep. That'll break the pattern anyway :hmm:

I can fall asleep more or less anywhere on the floor, on the couch, sitting up, on the train (which has the perfect motion for sleep as it rocks back and forward) but you cant beat a good nights sleep in your own bed.

As i do shift work my sleep pattern is pretty messed up. I shall give you some examples.

When i am on EARLIES i work 7am - 3pm. I sleep from about midnight till 5am so get 5 hours sleep maximum on average although by the end of the week i usually fall asleep on the train and also when i get home in the afternoon.

When i am on LATES i work 12pm - 8pm. I usually go to sleep about 1am or 2am and get up about 10am. So i get a healthy 8 hours or more.

When i am on NIGHTS i work 7:30pm - 7:30am... i usually get home from work at 8:30am go straight to sleep and wake up about 4pm so i get about 7 - 8 hours sleep then during the day.

I find when im on my off days i tend to stay up till crazy hours and then also get up early so i get lack of sleep and im usually very tired.

I'm finding it really hard to get to sleep recently and find myself spending ages on my PC. I usually up until 2am but i then i have to get up at 6:15am to a paper round.

So i am tired all the way through school and today the teacher made me stand at the back of the room cause i fell asleep. :(

Anyway here i am again going too be tired tomorrow and got a test as well :indeed:

I've got this curious problem where I can't get to sleep unless I'm facing right. Think it stems from being a paranoid child who thought that if I didn't sleep facing my door (which was to the right of my bed) a crazed murderer would sneak in and kill me :heh: Other then that, I'm sleeping pretty fine, my main problem lies in waking back up again before 12:00.

I always sleep facing right as well. I just cant sleep any other way, it feels unnatural. I can go 2-3 days without sleep but I get wide eyed and irritable. I have no sleep pattern. Go to bed any time from 1-5 AM and watch DVDs for an hour or two then sleep and try to wake up at whatever time is required of me. Woke up at 9 today and had to be in town 40 mins later. I have too many thoughts buzzing around and usually more than one. Slight paranoia aswell cuz my room is a converted garage.

I think we all need routine to be having good sleeps, you need a good body clock. I dont, however. I have Uni at different times every day (though to be fair its not usually till 1pm except on thursdays when its at 9am =/) Anyway, my sleep pattern is that i get too much i think! I go to sleep about midnight cus well, i get bored as my g/f goes to sleep about 11 as she has to get up at 7.30 for work. Speaking of hwich, she wakes me up at that time every morning too, not purposely but alarms wake me up and she needs something to wake her up so, im screwed. I usually try and sleep after shes left till im needed at Uni.

I guess on average i get more than 8 hours a night, but not a straight sleep, its interupted, maybe thats why i feel drowsy and want more sleep even though ive had enough. Hmmm.

Im gonna try and just get up when she does, though i say this all the time, 7.30 is just too early! I think it would be good for me though, id have had a decent 7 hours sleep and more time to do work and stuff. Sleep is for the weak as they say. Im just supporting the weak at the moment haha.

I try to go to bed before 1am so that in the morning I wouldn't be so tired. I can sleep pretty much anywhere (Spend the last year in the army, learned that sometimes 5min of sleep can work wonders) I also have an annoying habit of shutting the alarm clock in my sleep. This really sucks if I have plans to do something in the morning.

Heh, I again didn't go to sleep last night. And I'll try not to take a nap right now (just got back from class, where I got some depressing comments from a teacher, bleh) or later today so that I'll actually be tired tonight... hopefully.

But yeah, I have this thing that I can only sleep in a bed (and occasionaly on a couch), which is annoying when you have to travel a lot (like, spending a day on a plane or something) and just can't sleep while travelling. Also, I have to fall asleep on one of my sides, usually facing away from the door (used to be the other way around up to a few years ago); I always wake up on my stomach though, facing the door. Interesting stuff.

Woohoo, I'm shaking a bit. Yay for no sleep. Guh.

I usually get to bed between 2-4AM, waking up around 10, or earlier if I'm needed somewhere.

I'd chalk this up to the fact that I think better at night, and therefore choose to stay up later, and my not-so controllable habit for lying in bed for hours at a time in the vain hope that I might not hear sleep's bumbling approach.

It probably doesn't help that my bed has the comfort value of a bag of coal.

The last few days I found it a bit harder to sleep. Normally I lie awake for about 10 minutes. I usually go to bed at about 11 PM and have to get up at 7 AM. However, I find it very hard to get up at that time, my body refuses to get out of bed. But it's not that I don't have enough sleep, the ideal time for me is to wake up at 10 AM. Probably because I'm telling myself it's time to get up while in the morning I'm saying it's still too early.

For the past week or so I just haven't had a decent night's sleep at all. Getting to sleep at about 5am and then waking up at 9 is a common occurance. It's starting to take it's toll on me - i'm having real trouble concentrating on stuff in lectures and i've been in a pretty foul mood for like 3 or 4 days straight.

It's happened before, I usually just pass out one night at about 7pm and then don't wake up until the next day at 9/10am. That usually fixes it for a while, and then the cycle starts again.

Of course when i'm working fulltime during holidays/summer I don't have any time or energy to do anything except sleep.

Yeah, like everyone here I guess I cant claim to have a great sleep pattern. I share alot of your opinions though - like when I do have problems Ill try and tire myself out more and also that its not that big a deal because I can sleep later on in life (ie the weekend or when Im old and then like when Im dead sleep will be out the window).

What can I offer then, recently Ive not hardly slept well at all. Over Christmas I got used to staying up late 2am - 4am and that was complimented by me lying in til about 12 - 1 most days so now... since last Tuesday when I had to get up at 0330 to get a plane (I dont sleep while travelling!) my sleeps been all over the show. I slept amazingly though last Tuesday from about 1830 til about noon on Wednesday, this was broken sleep, but nonetheless it was really deep and great stuff.

I had a late start today - noon - and thats me finished til Monday once it comes five today so I dunno, Ill lie in tomorrow and Saturday, maybe get up on Sunday if I can pluck up the courage for church by myself and then Monday will once again be a struggle to be up for 7am...

Still, Im young. We all are.