Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

I've made it to Faron Temple and there was a noticeable frame rate drop in the area just before the temple where you have to avoid the poisonous fog. Has anyone else experienced this? I was playing it just on the Gamepad, so it could be to do with that but I've never noticed problems on other games.

Enjoying it regardless, the tears of light section was much smoother than last time.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've made it to Faron Temple and there was a noticeable frame rate drop in the area just before the temple where you have to avoid the poisonous fog. Has anyone else experienced this? I was playing it just on the Gamepad, so it could be to do with that but I've never noticed problems on other games.

Enjoying it regardless, the tears of light section was much smoother than last time.

Digital Foundry ran an analysis and mentioned a few framerate dips here and there.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/digital_foundry_gives_a_thumbs_up_to_twilight_princess_hd_though_there_are_framerate_dips

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I was playing on the TV and had no issues other than how slow the damn monkey moved.

Here's the frame rate test done by Digital Foundry.

The Cube and Wii hold steady at Faron Woods section but the Wii U remaster seems to drop.

It's very rare I notice such things anyway, but figured those who are into this kinda of stuff would want a watch.

I picked up on this in the review, though I was playing on the game pad at the time so wondered if it was to do with that. Sadly not it seems!

Still, it only dips slightly in what seems to be certain areas which use specific graphical effects and we are only talking about a momentary dip down to around 25fps at its worst, barely noticeable. :)

If anything, seeing all the versions side by side just further justifies purchase of the game - for me anyway - and I'm glad to be experiencing the game again in HD with various other enhancements. :D

For it has been around ten years since I last played it afterall. ;)

Anyone ordered from amazon? My order still hasn't shipped and its still supposed to be here tomorrow

Depends on your delivery arrangement. Have you got Prime? If so then they can dispatch them quite late but they still get there the next day, delivered by Amazon themselves. However, they do deliver until 9PM so unless you chose before 1PM there's no guarantee what time you'll get it.

Anyone ordered from amazon? My order still hasn't shipped and its still supposed to be here tomorrow

Same. It's got guaranteed release day delivery, so they should be using a courier.

I suppose that's what you get when you're getting it for under £36.

My special edition with AWESOME Amiibo Wolf Link arrived in the post today! Looking forward to firing that up soon!

Me too! Mine arrived at work today.

Looking forward to it. I've only played the Wii version and played that only the once.

Should feel like a brand new game.

Does this game feel backwards to anyone?

That's certainly my fear when I get to start it over the weekend :eek:

There is LOADS about the game that I don't remember but I have a feeling that certain things will be recalled as soon as I delve into it!

Does this game feel backwards to anyone?

:p

Enjoying it so far, but my Wii U just froze during it. Thankfully it was after I had saved but still. That's the first non-LEGO related freeze it has had in a while

TBH it felt backwards when I tried to get into this 5 years ago... Its Link's animation - its terrible - check out how Link jumps from monkey to monkey in the Forest Temple. :shakehead

A Massive step back compared to Majora's Mask fluidity - like Link's front flips and somersaults and bunny-hood sprinting.

TBH it felt backwards when I tried to get into this 5 years ago... Its Link's animation - its terrible - check out how Link jumps from monkey to monkey in the Forest Temple. :shakehead

A Massive step back compared to Majora's Mask fluidity - like Link's front flips and somersaults and bunny-hood sprinting.

Totally agree, and even more backwards compared to Wind Waker's lovely animation. That's what has me most worried about Zelda U, it looked to be using the same engine as TP/SS.

Totally agree, and even more backwards compared to Wind Waker's lovely animation. That's what has me most worried about Zelda U, it looked to be using the same engine as TP/SS.

Zelda U is using the Xenoblade X engine if I remember correctly.

Jesus.. This game is 4,000 roubles in Russia and 4,500 for the special edition. Granted with the current exchange rate it's only £40 but by the old one it's more than £80! Used to be a stable 45-50 roubles to the pound when I arrived and my wages haven't increased since then! Still, tempted to buy it tomorrow! Special edition :D It's been a good 8 years since I last played through it and can't wait to go through it again after Wind Waker last year.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!