NEurope
Dcubed

Nintendo Direct: The Legend of Buffering

I don't know how they could make any more DKC trailers but I'm betting they will :p

And is it too early to want a SNES remix?

If I was to take a guess, it will probably be more for the Americans as the time is quite accommodating to them, rather than the rest of the world.

3 major territories = EU/US/Japan.

11pm EU

10pm UK

2-5PM in the US

6AM in Japan.

fiddle with the times, and avoiding midnight till 6am.

EU can't be pushed forward an hour to 12am (midnight). so it needs pushing 7 hours to 6am.. then an extra 1 to put UK at 6am. That puts the US at midnight. So we move forward a further 6 hours. oh but then there's the other side of the US.. push forward another 3 hours. That's a jump of 16 hours.

16 hours

EU 3pm

UK 2pm

US 6am-9am

Japan 10pm

or 17 hours

EU 4pm

UK 3pm

US 7am-10am

Japan 11pm

I don't look at any of those three as particularly sensible, but ( my maths on times at various places is appalling, so correct me if I am mistaken) the last two options have the broadcasts taking place technically on different days, with EU/UK/US having their broadcast on the 13th, and Japan on the 12th I think??

In which case I would see this choice as being more simultaneous release of information worldwide, rather than preference for a particular territory (US will largely be at work/school, so not a fantastic time for them either...)

Possibly the next Wii U Sports released at the same time? My bet is baseball

I hope we get a date for Mario Golf but after that, it's all about Wii U!

Yes! game looks amazing. Can't wait for that. (wish it had an RPG mode :( )

And is it too early to want a SNES remix?

Never too early. That would be amazing!!

Though it probably is... :(

Possibly the next Wii U Sports released at the same time? My bet is baseball

Good shout actually. Though definitely Baseball, they've already admitted they're struggling with Boxing!

So, realistic but with a little positivity. Here's what I think we could get!

- A Mario Kart mini blow out (with promise of a dedicated Mario Kart direct in the near future)

- Steel Diver reveal, out April

- Wii Sports Baseball out next week (cheers Phube)

- Donkey Kong blah blah ZZZzzzzzzzz

- Indie showreel of the games out before June - Shovel Knight, Art of Balance, 10001 spikes etc etc

- Smash Bros character reveal... probably... Bayonetta!

- a preview of some smaller eshop gamepad only games due out in the summer

- Promise of improved virtual console support in a new summer update

- a few peaks at summer summer update things - the fast launch from gamepad etc etc

- Some 3DS stuff - whatever!!!

A bit more unlikely but have a feeling

- Luigis Mansion 2HD remake for the summer

- One secret wii u game due out this year - maybe a smaller eshop release, maybe a nintendo classic for fans - Starfox!!

Ah, I see we've now learned to keep our hype in check :blank:

You know what I love about Directs? For a day or two we all unite, get on the hype train and be very positive for a change. Of course the day after is another matter. :D

Always nice to see if this will be the Nintendo Direct that will split N-Europe in half.

Sounds like a pretty safe Direct, that won't stop Wii from being hysterical with plenty of expletives though :D This'll be about Kirby, DK, Mario Kart, Wii Sports Club etc.

E3 is at the end of Spring so that's where they'll drop the big bombs, and rightly so tbf.

Sounds like a pretty safe Direct, that won't stop Wii from being hysterical with plenty of expletives though :D This'll be about Kirby, DK, Mario Kart, Wii Sports Club etc.

E3 is at the end of Spring so that's where they'll drop the big bombs, and rightly so tbf.

Hallelujah! I will try to hype myself this time. DKCR:TF better not take up too much time in this.

I expect nothing at this point though wish for lots of surprises.

Edit: June is not Spring :heh:

Edited by Wii

When is Mario Kart out again (/lazy)

Because more info/footage on that would indeed be awesome. Wii Sports Club is becoming bit of a joke to me now. They need to stop messing around and release Boxing and Baseball in one go, I think, with the option to buy the whole set.

You know what I love about Directs? For a day or two we all unite, get on the hype train and be very positive for a change. Of course the day after is another matter. :D

I think this clip was inspired my Directs.

Given we're likely to have one or two more Directs before E3 I'm not sure why people are expecting lots of surprises

Edit: June is not Spring :heh:

Yes it is. At least until June 21st.

Isnt it because it's the first Direct since the investors meeting?

Is it now or never to show their intentions? Who knows. Honestly' like the Vita, I'm not sure what would help the Wii U.

Majora's Mask 3DS please, nom nom nom.

Given we're likely to have one or two more Directs before E3 I'm not sure why people are expecting lots of surprises.

They tend to throw a cheeky game our way. Kirby 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors all came out of nowhere.

It seems the whole of the internet, myself included, is wanting this.

Seconded! :D

Being able to play Ocarina of Time on the 3DS was amazing enough but Majora's Mask?

If this happened, I would probably never take the game out of the card slot because I would honestly play it a lot. :p

Isnt it because it's the first Direct since the investors meeting?

Is it now or never to show their intentions? Who knows. Honestly' like the Vita, I'm not sure what would help the Wii U.

That and they've promised to outline games due out in the next few months so hopefully that will mean some unannounced titles or dates on previously announced games. The schedule currently looks bare, but hopefully that will change tomorrow.

I'd say Majora's Mask is pretty likely, I'm sure I've heard them mention they wouldn't mind doing more remakes (for 3DS) in future after the reception to Ocarina of Time and then I also remember hearing that (I can't remember who now, Miyamoto?) would like to re-visit Majora's Mask. Wasn't there also a load of references in ALBW? Though I havent played it so couldn't say.

Soraya Saga has retweeted about the Direct. X footage incoming?

GAF has gone crazy when this was noticed......

i admit i'm suddenly 100% more hyped about this

This will likely be the first Direct I'll watch since the E3 one, as this one is actually on at a decent time in the UK.

I'm absolutely chuffed that it's on at 10pm, as I'll actually be able to watch it.

Semi-sensible predictions:

* Majora's Mask 3D

* Shantae and the Pirate's Curse release date

* Etrian Odyssey Untold European release date

* Confirmation some of the Dragon Quest spin-offs/remakes will come to Europe

* Some more Sega 3D Classics

What I really want (here we go again...!):

* 2D Metroid on 3DS

* 3D Zelda on either machine

* And most of all, Dragon Quest XI. I want a new Dragon Quest so much.

I really think there's some big news incoming after the recent events , the late time is strange but maybe some mature rated games will be announced ?

I'm also fairly sure cranky kong will be in smash