NEurope
Charlie

You can tell Nintendo what game they should make next - What is it?

Imagine you have the entire of Nintendo's development talent at your disposal and they'll make you any game that you want. It could be a remake of a previous game, a next gen version of your favourite franchise or a completely new idea for a game.

What would you get them to make?

My request for Nintendo is one that may not even be possible (I don't know about the power of the two consoles involved) but I would love to see...

A remake of F-Zero GX for the 3DS. This was one of the best games on the GameCube and one that you could play for hours on end at at time. If Gary Barlow were here he would say "This game is absolutely fantastic".

New Super Mario Bros U Enhanced

:p

Na, I'd probably go F-Zero too, or that rumoured combo of Starfox and Metroid

New Super Mario Bros U Enhanced

:p

Go on? Why would you like to see the game? what would it bring to the console?

From a personal standpoint, I need a new Advance Wars. On Wiiu or 3DS, either is fine.

Forgive my ignorance as I've been out of the scene for a long time. Has there been an Advance Wars since the (original?) on the DS? I bought that on recommendation of people here back in the day and loved it. There were many "1 more mission... oh shit its 3am" nights when I was playing it.

I would absolutely love a new Metroid in the style of Metroid Prime.

Or Battalion Wars. Have an animation style somewhere in between the extremely cartoon look and realistic to create a kind of stylised realism (so it's not generic, but would still suit having lots of realistic graphical effects applied to it).

The TV screens and GamePad buttons would control a single unit of your choice, with more in-depth controls than the previous two games and have the right feel for each unit type.

On the GamePad screen, the map would be divided into square sections. On here, you can commend your entire army like a real-time Advance Wars.

Toad's Mushroom Kingdoms. It it will have some similairities with Little Kings Story, Warcraft/Starcraft and SIM City; a RTS with Nintendo charm all over it!

You control different Mushroom Kingdoms (Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Wart, Wario, DK, etc) and build your own Kingdom while keeping all your villagers happy and occupied. A lot of the known (AND LESSER KNOWN!!!) Mario characters will make an appearance.

:yay:

I would absolutely love a new Metroid in the style of Metroid Prime.

Or Battalion Wars. Have an animation style somewhere in between the extremely cartoon look and realistic to create a kind of stylised realism (so it's not generic, but would still suit having lots of realistic graphical effects applied to it).

The TV screens and GamePad buttons would control a single unit of your choice, with more in-depth controls than the previous two games and have the right feel for each unit type.

On the GamePad screen, the map would be divided into square sections. On here, you can commend your entire army like a real-time Advance Wars.

This. Absolutely this!

Toad's Mushroom Kingdoms. It it will have some similairities with Little Kings Story, Warcraft/Starcraft and SIM City; a RTS with Nintendo charm all over it!

You control different Mushroom Kingdoms (Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Wart, Wario, DK, etc) and build your own Kingdom while keeping all your villagers happy and occupied. A lot of the known (AND LESSER KNOWN!!!) Mario characters will make an appearance.

:yay:

My god I love the idea of a Mushroom Kingdom inspired Little Kings Story type game!! The idea has a bit of a Mario RPG vibe about it too.

There's such great potential for bosses in different regions of the Kingdom, Bowser, DK, Wart, Boswer Jr, Wario, Birdo, Chibi Robo?...

Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, Paulina, Toadette... could be princesses you rescue...

Troops could be Toads, different colour Yoshi's for diferent abilities/attacks, Koopa's, Goomba's, Luma's for spells etc...

Aaaaah Man!! Why did Nintendo not think of this!!

Edited by Retro_Link

Forgive my ignorance as I've been out of the scene for a long time. Has there been an Advance Wars since the (original?) on the DS? I bought that on recommendation of people here back in the day and loved it. There were many "1 more mission... oh shit its 3am" nights when I was playing it.

I think there was a sequel on the DS, as well as the GBA games which preceded it. Also since I know you're looking at 3DSes, Fire Emblem Awakening is from the same team as Advance Wars and is very similar in terms of gameplay and addictiveness. It's one of my favourite 3DS games, even though I'd never played a game from the series before. If you loved Advance Wars I seriously recommend you check it out! :)

i5NmuEl.jpg

No bikes.

No gimmicks.

No Spiny Shell.

It'd play exactly like the original, but feature an 8 player online mode and the ability to share ghost data online for Time Trials too. Visually I'd love to see a Mario Kart game bring the 2D artwork of the SNES version to life with really high-end cel-shaded 3D graphics. :cool:

eFZF8WD.jpg

And they'd have to get Soyo Oka back to recompose the soundtrack. :love:

Yeah, other than that, all of my requests would be for new versions/localisations of quirky niche games like Rhythm Tengoku, WarioWare, Wii Music, Tingle RPG, Tomodachi Collection, Mario Artist, Chibi-Robo!, Captain Rainbow, DK Jungle Beat, etc... :hehe:

I'd totally help Nintendo put the Wii U on the map! :heh::laughing:

Advance_Wars_4_Cover.jpg

This was the last Advance Wars released on the DS and brought with it a major overhaul in artstyle, story and to an extent gameplay.

Intelligent Systems toned the gameplay down a little in comparison to the insane onslaught of units, powers and perks that were present in its predecessor:

Advance-Wars-Dual-Strike-DS-Cover.jpg

Dual Strike was the accumulation of the previous Advance Wars titles and thus had insane new units like an insane suicide bomber plane which took out 5 hp of your units within 5 squares! It also was able to move 10 spaces so could basically come at you out of nowhere and blow itself up.

Some Team ups with their Dual Strikes were also insanly powerful which made the game rather unbalanced when playing with friends. That's why my friends and I were quite grateful for the adjustments that were made to the sequel.

You're looking at a die-hard Advance Wars fan here who has been playing the franchises with friends for over 10 years now.

We have a lot of ideas for the next Advance Wars and we were thinking of maybe emailing Intelligent Systems about it :laughing:

I absolutely loathed what they did to Advance Wars with Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict. :shakehead Horrible stuff. :nono:

Advance Wars shouldn't be all dark and moody, it should be colourful and jolly! :D

If I was getting Nintendo/Intelligent Systems to make a new AW game it would definitely go back to the proper style. ;)

Mario Kart 64 HD

Same game, online mode and graphics in the same style as the boxart. Pipekarts only, rainbow coloured power up blocks, nothing else. And Donkey Kong sounds like an ape, not Scooby Doo with brain damage.

Zelda: Amitious and Epic

As I've stated earlier, I think that Aonuma has put too much of a focus on making his Zelda games different, rather than better.

Realize the original ambitions of Zelda 64: a persistent world that can be affected by the player.

"Realistic" graphics that prove the Wii U is clearly more powerful than the PS3, an improved combat system, a better story (complete with voice acting), perhaps Link being more capable of moving around the surroundings, Assassins Creed-style.

Nintendo GT

I've been waiting for this since 1998 and I will maintain my statement: Nintendo needs a game like this to shift consoles. I don't want the dull concrete walls of Laguna Seca or other real race-tracks, I'd prefer the gorgeous surroundings seen in Need for Speed: High Stakes.

What I'm after is a racing game with hundreds and hundreds of licensed cars and realistic physics. Not trash from circa 1920, Moon Buggies or Nascar rides like in Gran Turismo, but entirely cars that people own or desire to own. Let me build my dream garage, let me soup up a Saab 9000 so it can outrun a Lamborghini.

..... realistic physics.........let me soup up a Saab 9000 so it can outrun a Lamborghini.

I don't think those two are compatible...

At the moment: Captain Toad and the Great Star Hunt for the 3DS

I LOVE those levels in 3D World.

I don't think those two are compatible...

Depends on what upgrades it has and what Lambo we're talking about. Maybe not the latest ones, but there are Saabs with insane ammounts of horsepower.

There's a swedish tuner company that's built an insane 9-3 with 4WD, 1000 BHP and most panels replaced with carbon fiber. I won't swear on it, but I think it at least would be able to keep up with a Diablo.

It's not impossible, just really expensive. And of course, you could argue that the end result wouldn't really be a 9000 anymore.

But I maintain my statement: realistic vehicle physics, and the ability to tune the living crap out of whatever car you want.

Cube basically nicked my Battalion Wars idea, so I'll go for something a little more left field.

I'd like to see them revive

, which looked like it might essentially be Endless Ocean in space. You could have a whole bunch of management options and customization stuff mapped to the GamePad, and the game itself would basically be a space exploration game. Think the recently-revealed No Man's Sky but without the combat.

I'd tell them to give Retro an unlimited budget and task them with making a game aimed at the Western audience to be a showcase for the Wii U console. Whether that involves them using an existing I.P or creating a new one, I don't care.

Other than that, I want my Four Sword Adventures sequel. It's literally made for the Wii U.

A brand new F-Zero developed internally by Nintendo.

@RedShell's Super Mario Kart idea would work nicely for F-Zero too, HD Mode 7 style with an awesome soundtrack and online multiplayer.

I would like to see a new F-Zero or a new Starfox game so long as they stick to the formula of the first two.

Star Fox : Extraction

The Star Fox team return for their most epic and dangerous mission ever. The Galaktix Crystal has been stolen from the Interstellar stronghold, and it's energy signature leads to an infamously dangerous and unexplored area of the universe known as The Outer Void. The team must journey to the edge of the universe, into the Outer Void and retrieve the crystal. Mixing ship battles with on-foot exploration and combat, the game leaves the decision on how to traverse much of the game to the player. Whilst certain situations will require you to use on-foot tactics, it would largely be optional, but give great gameplay benefits such as ship and weapons upgrades, customisation and bonus items. With a mixture of "on-rails" shoot-em-up levels, to large expansive battle arenas and huge boss challenges, a vast online mode and dark tone that will leave the franchise in an interesting place, Star Fox : Extraction will leave gamers breathless and enthralled.

Donkey Kong World

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong enter a bold new World! A vast 3D platforming world to be precise. Almost a hybrid of the fluidty and "race course" type feel of Sonic games, with the gorgeous scenery and precise, smooth controls that the Donkey Kong platform games are renowned for, you take control of one of the three main protagonists and play a number of different levels, with types ranging from straight forward A to B levels, fetch quest levels, boss fights, puzzle orientated levels and a vast range of environments to discover featuring all the favourites from Donkey Kong Country games. Return to Krazy Kremland with its honey drenches defences and expansive cave system or visit the icy peaks of K3 and enjoy the array of toboggan levels. DKW is a nostalgic trip down memory lane whilst brining fresh ideas to the table, and redefining the 3D Platformer genre and carving its own legacy as an ambitious, rhythmic adventure game.

Super Mario Paintballing

Nintendo should bring some charm to the FPS genre. Offer me fun settings across the mushroom kingdom as the Mario characters duke it out with great weapons including red homing shell launchers and banana proxy mines that slow you down. Some of the settings could be superb including food islands with custard floors and sponge cake that can be shot through. Add classic settings like the castle grounds from Mario64 drawing from the extensive settings seen in the Mario titles.

Just give me something different than tennis, golf, baseball, olympics.

Stunt Race FX Redux

Do it Nintendo. Make the ultimate plasticine racer. You've shown us those plasticine renders since 1995 and have gone on to use them for Pikmin, now make a game with graphics that will make aardman animations sit up and take notice. Give me the racing game I loved more than any other on the SNES all over again.

StarFox Fallout

Keep the original and N64 format but give me the backstory to the SFox crew from inception to their lylat days and when Falco bails out. Give me Falco solo missions and tell me why he's a moody son of a gun. Give me Fox's background letting me play as James McCloud and see the pieces of the jigsaw fit together. Set it against the backdrop of a symphonic soundtrack with THAT corneria tune being the cornerstone of the StarFox team coming together to save the galaxy. Bliss.

And give me Slippy's training days as DLC...they would be freakin' hilarious!

Donkey Kong Tropics

Just let me gallop across the beach as DK, tie swinging in the sunshine and let me roll into the jungle, find a path and a cave and begin an adventure. An open-world DKC would be absolutely beautiful if done correctly. 2D works, sure. Give me 3D, but this time and with THIS system, use the power to create a real island environment.

Edited by tapedeck

Metroid as a...(wait for eet)...survival horror.

Take the third person viewpoint from Other M, those segments where you entered a run but had the "over the shoulder viewpoint". Make that the main viewpoint for the game. There are occasions where you can go first person, but the majority of the game is third person. Make it creepy as fuck where you have fewer enemies, but they are more powerful or difficult to evade from. A large focus of the game would be on evasion and hiding, like in Metroid Fusion where you hide from "it". You could have whole underground networks of tunnels where you could hide from enemies on the surface. Maybe some enemies can "track you" and follow you across zones. Would seem scary if they were difficult to shake off.

Take the atmosphere from Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. Make it slower paced and have a series of locations that are a bit out of the ordinary for the franchise. Maybe you visit an abandoned colony, looking for survivors. Your ammunition could be scarce, such as having to solve simple puzzles to get basic items like missiles. Therefore making them more precious.

I'm thinking it would be a more "mature" title, as in it takes the unsettling aspects of games like Dead Space and Silent Hill, not so much to do with swearing, etc. It wouldn't have to be dialogue heavy, you could have the backstory told through logs ala Metroid Prime, or something to that effect.