N-Europe

Wii Sports Club

Dcubed

Picture taken from the back of the Japanese box. Take a look under player 1's icon, it clearly shows that the boxing game is played by using 2 Wii Motion Plus Remotes. Get in there. This should be so much better than the original.

wii_sports_boxing-2.jpg

Ahh! Good spotting there, I missed that one completely! :D

Yeah, this is gonna be awesome. BTW, does anyone else get Punchout vibes from the visual design of Boxing this time around?

image_320433_fit_940.jpg

image_320440_fit_940.jpg

image_320439_fit_940.jpg

image_320431_fit_940.jpg

It's probably just because it's a more "complete" representation of boxing (what with it including the coaches and all), but I can't help but think of Punchout when I look at those pics...

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture taken from the back of the Japanese box. Take a look under player 1's icon, it clearly shows that the boxing game is played by using 2 Wii Motion Plus Remotes. Get in there. This should be so much better than the original.

wii_sports_boxing-2.jpg

Oh damn! This changes everything! I'm suddenly way more interested now!

• 2 weeks later...

It's already been announced the two games cost £8.99 in an offer at launch.

I noticed that too serebii, it is very suspicious. But that's just too weird and doesn't make much sense! Unless, like RedShell says, make your own mii trophy, now that would be fucking awesome :) and can take it to friends houses to out yourself in the game! With 3D printing it's not impossible now.

Oh no you don't NOE... Don't you bloody dare! :mad:

It's already been announced the two games cost £8.99 in an offer at launch.

You may be right Dazzybee. I was taking a quote from Nintendo Everything where there mention the cost is 8.99 each. Have a look at this though from the Nintendo UK official website.

To mark the launch of Baseball and Boxing on Nintendo eShop from 27th June, Wii U owners who download Wii Sports Club will get a 48-hour free trial enabling them to play the two sports, as well as Bowling, Tennis and Golf. The trial is open to everyone, even to people who sampled a free trial of Wii Sports Club before. Once the trial period ends, players can purchase a Day Pass on Nintendo eShop for £1.79* to play all available sports for a 24-hour period, or can purchase permanent access to both Boxing and Baseball for £8.99.

No mention of each there, so it looks like early adopters, like me, will get that extra game for free. Phew!

• 4 weeks later...

Really enjoying the Boxing, the mini games are a good workout, especially the Speed Bag one :D

Not sure about the new pitching for the Baseball... I think I prefered the old way with the Wiimote :(

Oh on the subject of boxing, is there something you are meant to do when you get knocked down in order to get back up?

I've played two online matches, no lag, good fights, but I knocked down my opponents first but both got up after a count of 3.... when I get knocked down once I can't get back up... I'm bashing buttons, shaking the wiimotes... but my Mii won't budge

Oh on the subject of boxing, is there something you are meant to do when you get knocked down in order to get back up?

I've played two online matches, no lag, good fights, but I knocked down my opponents first but both got up after a count of 3.... when I get knocked down once I can't get back up... I'm bashing buttons, shaking the wiimotes... but my Mii won't budge

Yeah, I had the opposite.

My first match, great, no lag. We were evenly matched, both down to about a quarter health. I punch him in the stomach and he just sits down for 10!? KO!

We were only in the first round with no previous knock downs?

BTW this morning I feel I've been lifting weights ALL yesterday... OWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Could someone unplug their sensor bar and let me know if this game still works? Just my U power port for the sensor bar has died. I'm planning on sending it through to Nintendo for repairs in a few weeks when I'm away, but in the mean time I'd like to buy this game... if it will work for me! if not I'll have to wait until it is repaired I guess :(

Wasn't really that impressed with Boxing and Baseball. :hmm:

And the randomness of Motion+ continues to hamper my enjoyment of this title.

So yeah, I'll be uninstalling it now to get some fridge space back, but will keep an eye out for any deals on the retail version. If it drops to under 20 quid I'll probably bite, although the chances of that happening are highly unlikely. :hehe: