N-Europe

Sonic Lost World (Wii U/3DS)

D_prOdigy

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh so the 3DS version is a totally different game then? (2D side scroller). No doubt it has been outsourced to DIMPS.

I heard SEGA's deal or whatever with DIMPS has ended so it might not be done by them (hopefully).

I heard SEGA's deal or whatever with DIMPS has ended so it might not be done by them (hopefully).

That was part of that Sonic Excursion rumour that turned out to be fake.

There's no reason to believe that it wouldn't be DIMPS. They've made every single handheld Sonic game...

Hmm... Maybe it is the same game after all then...

Anything is better than having DIMPS' stink on it so I hope I'm right here!

BTW, I really like the idea of having 3 seperate running speeds with 2 run buttons. That allows for some very accomodating level design (almost a Nintendo like idea that solves multiple age old problems with 3D Sonic :) )

Edited by Dcubed

Why do people suddenly hate DIMPS?

I don't understand it either. They're the only developer to make a half decent Sonic game in ages. Not their fault Sega lumped Generations on them at literally the last minute. I still enjoyed it more than the console version though. :heh:

It's disappointing the way handheld Sonic is going. The handheld games used to be unique and not just the 'younger brother' of the console version. The Advance and Rush series were both great. Now it's just a gimped console version.

Edited by Mandalore

weird, wierd art style... it looks like an art style when a consoles not capable of much.

Yeah those enemies are SO bad and out of place!

Why? It seems like they've gone back to a cartoon-ish style.

We know full well that the Wii U is more powerful than the 360/PS3 so it's not that the Wii U isn't capable. It's clearly a choice

I never liked Gimps games, because their 2D Sonics have very little to do with the excellent Mega Drive games. There's too little about momentum and way too much about speed, speed, speed.

I did enjoy the multiple characters in Sonic Advance 3 (or was it 2?), but when it comes to Sonic, the 3D games are so much better for that kind of gameplay. 2D games should've kept the tight control, instead of letting Sonic's reins loose, but they didn't.

That said, other people enjoyed those games, so I'm surprised to see some hate. I can only guess that people dislike that A. The Gimps Sonic all play and feel similar; and B. That their games are just small versions of the big consoles games.

Why do people suddenly hate DIMPS?

I don't hate Dimps myself, but they definitely lost their way with the recent games. The Advance series up until the third game were incredibly enjoyable, then Rush was awesome but for some reason I couldn't get into Rush Adventure because it just seemed too samey with some random shit..

I had some fun with Generations 3DS, but man did that thing need some more work!

I think most of the hate for DIMPS, and it's justifiable, is their wacky as fuck, nonsensical level design. It definitely came across as 'hold right to win'.

I think that the handheld Sonic games the past couple of years have been pretty good.

The Advance ones were all great. The Rush games I personally loved apart from Rush Adventure which to be fair was a bit random with it's 'you must have a certain amount of parts before you can go to the next level' bullshit. Generations was ok, but I agree with Debug in that it needed more work.

If they can get this right it could be a great little game!

Personally love the look of the art style. If it's super next gen graphics you want then I wouldn't be looking to a Sonic game for it. :indeed:

Personally love the look of the art style. If it's super next gen graphics you want then I wouldn't be looking to a Sonic game for it. :indeed:

Unless you want to see Sonic make out with a human again

800px-SonicEliseKiss.png

Edited by Serebii

I think most of the hate for DIMPS, and it's justifiable, is their wacky as fuck, nonsensical level design. It definitely came across as 'hold right to win'.

Spot on. You can literally get through the first 3 levels of Sonic Advance 2 (ignoring the boss battle) by just holding right on the D-pad and not pressing any other button; no really, I've done this many times, try it yourself! You can also do this in lots of levels in DIMPS' other Sonic games, but I can't remember which ones exactly.

Also DIMPS have a fucking obsession with liberally placed bottomless pits and leaps of faith. Their level designs are largely dull, repetitive, frustrating and derivative (Not that Sonic Team have been much better, but Colours and Generations is at least a step up from their past games and DIMPS' rubbish).

Either way though, I'm not exactly thrilled by Sonic Team's developer pedigree anyway so I'm not getting my hopes up on even the Wii U version.

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah that's not what I'm looking for.

I just think Mario Galaxy, Sonic Colours and Generations all look better.

At the very least, there were two things in the trailer that at least brought a smile to my face (beyond making me feeling like I was seeing Sonic X-treme).

The first of those was obviously the little animals harking back to the good ol' megadrive days. The second was seeing classic Badniks in the levels. Obviously, with SEGA going with Eggman now as opposed to Robotnik, I don't know if Badniks is a term still used. Still, brought a smile to my face nonetheless. Just shows you how powerful nostalgia can be in spite of some truly terrible outings for Sonic.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!