N-Europe

Wii U VC

madeinbeats

He was killing me even when I blocked, though I might have been messing up and letting go of the button or try to dodge instead. Will try again later.

You have to block again each time he hits you. Press and hold down after each time he hits you (IIRC, he'll attack you 5 times before he gets dizzy - so you need to ensure that Mac has enough stamina to withstand 5 strikes)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won’t get super Metroid. Refuse to purchase any PAL versions.

I understand you, and agree on the principle! But at that price, €0.30, I will purchase Super Metroid. I have never played the whole game, and my excitement is overwhelming right now!

I would have read a review and asked on this forum how the 50 Hz conversion was handled before buying at full price. I love that Nintendo has heard us, and has taken steps to satisfy us. Nintendo could actually end up releasing both 60 Hz American versions alongside 50 Hz European versions in the future. My hope will remain alive...

I understand you, and agree on the principle! But at that price, €0.30, I will purchase Super Metroid. I have never played the whole game, and my excitement is overwhelming right now!

I would have read a review and asked on this forum how the 50 Hz conversion was handled before buying at full price. I love that Nintendo has heard us, and has taken steps to satisfy us. Nintendo could actually end up releasing both 60 Hz American versions alongside 50 Hz European versions in the future. My hope will remain alive...

That's the ideal scenario and that's what I'm gonna keep asking for on Miiverse. It would cost them nothing extra in terms of development/QA costs (as all the work would've already have been done for the US release) and would make everyone happy (as well as provide Nintendo with a little bit of extra income from the nut jobs who buy both versions for whatever reason ;) )

As much as I would like every VC game released on the Wii U to be 60Hz as standard, for certain games it really isn't going to be a problem... for anyone who played the original PAL SNES version of Super Metroid there's nothing wrong with it, in fact it's still a masterpiece regardless.

Besides the difference I believe would be very minimal here, so I'm not about to worry over it but instead I'm more excited at the prospect of being able to play it on the gamepad because it's as close to a portable version of the game as we're ever likely to see! :p

Bring on Thursday! : peace:

I'm with the two previous posters, complaining about some minor thing like that sounds like these people.

That aside, I already have the game from Wii Shop Channel, and as much as I loved Zero Mission and Fusion, Super Metroid didn't feel nowhere near as good as those two titles. I even got frustrated at the game, mainly due to it's strange desicions with the controls. Especially Screw Attack.

Good week for VC, want 2 titles, maybe all 3. Anyone recommend Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts? I haven't played before.

Yeah, it's a very good game. There is not quite as much control over Arthur as in Ghouls 'n' Ghosts (no upward or downward fire, if I recall correctly), but there are loads of weapons/armour upgrades to make up for it. I haven't completed it properly, because in the Ghouls 'n' Ghosts series you have to go through all the levels twice.

The last time I played it was on Capcom Classics Collection (Xbox) and it was actually a little bit easier than I remembered on SNES! Still very difficult, admittedly, but a lot of the challenge is about memorising things. If this has Restore Points, that should help a great deal.

Is there really that much difference between the 50 and 60hz Super Metroid? The Balloon Fight horror video doing the rounds is an absolute worse cast scenario, Super Metroid probably won't be as noticeably impaired.

If this 50hz thing really offends you, stop buying any 50hz Virtual Console titles I guess. That's the only way to protest this kind of thing in a way that will actually mean something to Nintendo.

Edited by Guy

There is a comparison video in YouTube. I watched it, and the difference was narely noticable. As was stated in the official description, it was reworked back then to play better, only the aspect ratio has been corrected now.

Only bad thing is that there's always either French or German subtitles, tough they were quite rare, if I remember correctly.

Not buying Super Metroid for 30p because its in 50Hz..? Seriously, some people are insane!

Why? I would gladly pay full price for 60HZ. The money doesn't bother me its the principle and Nintendo releasing this @ 50hz blows!!!

If this 50hz thing really offends you, stop buying any 50hz Virtual Console titles I guess. That's the only way to protest this kind of thing in a way that will actually mean something to Nintendo.

That's what I am doing unless there is no NTSC version available. There is no good reason for Nintendo not to release the 60hz version for every VC game.

Edited by liger05

Why? I would gladly pay full price for 60HZ. The money doesn't bother me its the principle and Nintendo releasing this @ 50hz blows!!!

That's what I am doing unless there is no NTSC version available. There is no good reason for Nintendo not to release the 60hz version for every VC game.

1) Different European languages

2) Giving people the exact game they played when they were young

3) Putting both a 50Hz and 60Hz version on the shop would probably confuse a lot of people, so they have to decide on one or the other.

Putting up the American version is all well when there's no text in the game (Balloon Fight) but they aren't going to just neglect the whole of Europe just so that the few that care (in English speaking countries) on the internet can have the version they want.

Was playing it in 50Hz back in the day (if you did) really that bad???

And once again it's 30p! For a brilliant game! If I had a Wii U I'd snap that up instantly!

1) Different European languages

2) Giving people the exact game they played when they were young

3) Putting both a 50Hz and 60Hz version on the shop would probably confuse a lot of people, so they have to decide on one or the other.

Putting up the American version is all well when there's no text in the game (Balloon Fight) but they aren't going to just neglect the whole of Europe just so that the few that care (in English speaking countries) on the internet can have the version they want.

Was playing it in 50Hz back in the day (if you did) really that bad???

And once again it's 30p! For a brilliant game! If I had a Wii U I'd snap that up instantly!

I remember playing SFII as a 10 year old on my friends famicom and then playing the Pal version and wondered why the screen had huge black borders. I didnt know why the game looked so different.

I just want to play the best versions possible and hopefully the miiverse community will keep making it known that they want the 60hz versions for all VC games.

The fact that US versions of other games have been released means nintendo appreciate this.

Edited by liger05

I would play Super Metroid even if I were covered in ketchup and was repeatedly smacked over the head with the genitals of a Nopon. 30p for it is insane, whatever format it is in.

Buuuuut....would you buy a Wii U for it for 30p ;)?

Riki diki!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!