Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Miiverse's power of influence

Dcubed

So now Miiverse has seemingly directly contributed towards two victories against game publishers. The first being Ubisoft's recent efforts to placate slighted Rayman Legends fans with the free Challenge Mode eShop download and US Ubisoft games sale and the second being Nintendo's own reaction by FINALLY offering 60hz VC games for download.

Is Miiverse really as powerful as these victories would have us believe? Can it really have that kind of overpowering level of Word of Mouth marketing amongst Wii U owners (and soon to be 3DS)?

I always said that it could potentially be an extremely strong force in driving word of mouth and consumer feedback, to the point where it would give niche games like Trauma Center a chance to thrive, but I never believed that Nintendo would ever cave in to our 60hz demands! :o

Is it just a flash in the pan, or does Miiverse really have that kind of power?

Discuss!

I just think it's great that they don't censor you on there, as daft as it sounds. Would be easy for them to remove all the negative and annoyed messages, but they don't, and judging from the 60hz move, it sounds like they actually care about what we say, which I think is great! Feels like we have a voice and direct link to the developers. Wouldn't be suprised to see Sony announce a similar service tonight (if rumours are to be believed), just because it's such a simple concept but great idea!

I think Miiverse really does have more impact than anything before, for these reasons:

1) Nintendo has to read it.

2) They know everyone who posts there owns a Wii U. It's not insincere propaganda from anti-Nintendo people.

Just those two reasons are enough to mean that, whilst Nintendo is not necessarily going to do everything the fans want, they will nonetheless get every message.

I have a feeling Nintendo developed Miiverse with the idea in mind for a new kind of instant feedback, as well as the social and 'free marketing' aspect.

It's so much more focused and relevant to the platform than the thousands of crazy internet rantings out there that probably get laughed off. They have to acknowledge these opinions as 'real' and the core fan base are the lifeblood of the Wii U at the minute.

I hope Miiverse continues to exercise its power and that Nintendo view it as helpful rather than grudgingly. If, however, every little thing turns into a big campaign and serial protesting, it'll soon lose its effectiveness.

It amazes me that NoE actually needed a wake-up call of this magnitude on the 60Hz issue. How dozy are they?! And they capitulated!

Is it just a flash in the pan, or does Miiverse really have that kind of power?

Miiverse is a fantastic piece of software. Simple in design, excellently executed and the thought behind this concept is showing through. Miiverse is one of the best, if not the best feature of the Wii U.

I think the Miiverse is a very effective tool of communication that has allowed many different people to interact in a positive way, it also provides a solid base to converse with developers which is always a nice thing.

Also, I think DCubed hit the nail on the head when he mentioned:

driving word of mouth and consumer feedback

I've already seen plenty of posts across multiple communities where people ask simple questions like; Is this game any good? Should I try it out? Does it matter if I haven't played any other games in the series? etc. I have also asked for the opinions of others too.

Miiverse is already a very powerful voice and it can only get better as more features are added and more developers fully integrate Miiverse into their games.

Best of all this voice can only become more powerful as more gamers join the Miiverse.

Now that F-Zero is 60Hz, i just people will finally shut up in MiiVerse. Reading the same messages over and over again became very tiresome and frustrating.

It probably won't tough. People will just find another topic to bitch and moan about.

I'm looking forward to seeing people start comparing lap times in F-Zero. It'll awaken the game's speed run community all over again! :D

I think that these victories will keep people happy across Miiverse in general for a while too.

BTW, has anyone here checked out the Funky Barn community? It's a good laugh :laughing:

From what I've heard and seen, Miiverse is the natural evolution and huge improvement over what Nintendo were trying to do with the Nintendo Channel. It seemed like a neat idea at the time, but so inefficiently implemented.

I am glad to see it's working. Plus, feedback sounds much more genuine and sincere like this, from the people we know are playing the respective games (and how much/often) as opposed to random comments that can be from anybody.

Plus, "An image is worth a thousand words". It may not seem like much, but one can garner the general opinion on something just by glancing at pictures.

Now that F-Zero is 60Hz, i just people will finally shut up in MiiVerse. Reading the same messages over and over again became very tiresome and frustrating.

60Hz?! It's too fast! This isn't how I remember it! Bring back 50Hz! :P

Miiverse as people have said is a great concept. Its also very simple to use. I like to browse it to see what people are talking about in the game.

I for one found miiverse executed very well in super mario bros U. Its one of the reasons why i keep going back to it. It feels fresh due to the fact that people are still playing on it and posting comments on how they are doing

So if we pester Nintendo incessantly about GTA5 on Miiverse, does it mean they'll make sure that we get it? I think not:cry:

You have to pester Rockstar for that ;)

Only if they had a GTA V community!

They did announce custom communities to arrive with a future miiverse update... ;)

Custom communities sounds like a recipe for disaster. As in people can just start their own, and name them what they want? Nice way of ruining the polished look of Miiverse!

My guess: they won't let people ruin the balanced experience they carefully created. So either we get Nintendo admins who check if a new community is worthwhile or we get custom communities only viewable by people on your friendlist. We'll just have to wait and see!

Just isn't fair to talk about a ruined experience before you've seen what it'll actually be, is it?

Bring it on Nintendo! I hope you guys know what great possibilities you're holding in your hands with Miiverse!

My guess: they won't let people ruin the balanced experience they carefully created. So either we get Nintendo admins who check if a new community is worthwhile or we get custom communities only viewable by people on your friendlist. We'll just have to wait and see!

Just isn't fair to talk about a ruined experience before you've seen what it'll actually be, is it?

Bring it on Nintendo! I hope you guys know what great possibilities you're holding in your hands with Miiverse!

I'd imagine they won't be publicly visible. You'll have to advertise them/friends will be able to see or whatnot. It would be nice to have a little N-Europe one at some point.