Retro_Link

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking earlier that im not bothered about WW as it is just WW but HD

But that box art has made me want the game NOW

I need the game.

Don't get your hopes up, for Europe it'll probably be the usual gold box art with the logo on. Zelda tradition etc...

Don't get your hopes up, for Europe it'll probably be the usual gold box art with the logo on. Zelda tradition etc...

I wouldn't count on it. As with Ocarina of Time 3D, it was Europe that got the artwork box art, while Americas got the golden one. Later, they released the Limited Edition 3DS in Europe, that has reversible cover.

I think I have seen PAL versions of Skyward Sword too with the artwork box.

I don't ever remember completing the second quest, but recall beating the game multiple times on the GC. Did anyone else sail in close to the Island, but didn't use the sail when on the approach to the docks on each Island, like a ferry coming in slow to port (or was that just me)

That Japanese boxart is great - their Zelda boxarts are always superior. Hope we don't get dicked here in Europe with some tacky gold 10/10 NOM review score crap.

You know that is inevitable don't you?. We got lashed with it for the original.

DSC00420+%5B800x600%5D.JPG

Just have a box full of review scores. That's all some gamers are bothered about at these days!

In all seriousness though...I'm with ronnie - I'd love the games to always have an extra gold-coloured sleeve with just the Zelda logo on them (imitating a book like design). Zelda games always feel like an event so make me feel like I'm purchasing something extra special at retail. Other than that...a golden disk please!

What in the name of flying Tingle's bollocks is that on the left?

HMV limited edition slipcover for the regular release. It's extremely hard to come by these days.

Looking back... I remember seeing that a few days after the UK release and wishing I'd bought it there. I imported Wind Waker from Japan so seeing Ganondorf on the slipcase wasn't a spoiler for me, but jesus would it have been a spoiler for anyone in the UK at that time. Good going HMV.

---

I'm all about artwork being used for Zelda rather than logos. The only series that can consistently pull off decent logo boxart is Final Fantasy. Gold boxarts are super tacky.

How about a compromise? Reversible covers would make everyone happy!

As for that Japanese design giving elements of the game away, I think Nintendo are assuming the people who will buy this will buy it because they played the original.

Edited by Guy
Adding an extra f, FFOR CORRECTNESS

Not when they're attached to Zelda games

boxart.png

Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_box.jpg

zelda3snes.jpg

250px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Link%27s_Awakening_box_art.jpg

_-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Ocarina-of-Time-N64-_.jpg

045496392284.jpg

The%20Legend%20of%20Zelda.jpg

Legend_of_Zelda_Skyward_Sword_boxart.png

I'm pretty sure we already had some form of this argument when Ocarina 3DS came out.

The tradition was certainly there until the SNES release (Ocarina here wasn't a gold box, it was black with a gold logo), but there's no denying that tradition is being eroded as time goes on. More and more character artwork is creeping onto the boxarts for the new games and that's absolutely fine.

I totally respect what you prefer though. Not all of those examples posted look bad.

Nostalgia... it's a funny thing, I suddenly got the urge to play Ocarina of Time again for old times sake, so I loaded up OoT 3D and decided to start Master Quest for the first time...

Surprisingly tough, yet refreshingly different. :)

Also I decided to check from my original completed save file just how long ago it had been since I'd played it... was only exactly a year to the day! :p

-----------------------------------------

As for Wind Waker HD... I genuinely can't wait to play it again, not just because I love replaying old Zelda games but because it's a remake that's entirely justified, the same as OoT 3D was; btw I still find it amazing that I can play one of the greatest games of all time on a portable machine AND in 3D. :grin:

I fully expect to load up The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD on launch day for the game to feel fresh and amazing just like it always was, if not more so... it's surely going to be an experience to remember. :hehe:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!