Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Xbox One Console Discussion

Cube

I didn't even type in credit card details it just went straight to order because they have a credit facility. I still thought that they'd want my card number as I wasn't even going to use the credit they offered me.

I also didn't see the box for entering your discount code which they said was further down the process.

I'ma just messin'. Incidentally, if you were buying it today, Asda would be the place to go! Xbox20 code knocks £20 off.

I saw that on HotUKDeals earlier - in that same thread someone mentioned that Very has 10% off for your first purchase so was taking a look at that too.

More details on MP and party updates coming in March.

*Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.

*Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.

*Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.

*We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.

*We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.

Good stuff. It's nearly back to the way it is on the 360 now. :bouncy:

I guess they thought they were trimming the fat a bit, but didn't really refer to any kind of research in the process :blush:

No idea. It baffles me why they changed the setup when it worked so perfectly for the 360.

I personally like the way snap works for most stuff and with that "ethos" in mind I'm not sure how they would change party to what it used to be. I like being able to go home with one tap of button then it's just a quick flick to the right for snap and then pick what you want from that menu!

Kinect Sports Rivals - the game that should show what Xbox One Kinect can really do - will finally be released in April.

That's 11th April in Europe, and 8th April in the US, Australia and New Zealand.

Climbing, wake racing and target shooting are the new sports; soccer/football, tennis and bowling are the old - but revamped - sports.

Kinect Sports Rivals was once talked of as a launch title for Xbox One, but was delayed by Microsoft in the name of high quality. A demo, featuring only wake racing, was put out on 22nd November to coincide with the console's launch.

I will probably check this out. I enjoyed the original game but never picked up the sequel.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I didn't wait if that is what they're offering. I got the console + FIFA for £430 + £20 for any other game from a huge list (possibly the launch titles).

Bought a Play and Charge Kit on Amazon this morning, disappointed it didn't come with one.

Xbox One has just had a price drop in the UK only to £399.99 including (i think) a digital download of Titanfall.

Comes to about the same as I paid for it when you add on Battlefield 4 and FIFA 14 so I'm not that bothered about missing it. A digital download of Titanfall would be at least 20gb too which would be a nightmare.

Feel a bit cheated by the price drop even though it's only £30. Loved Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 but they've released no new games since launch.

Yeah that sucks for early adopters. Poor showing.

I went on Amazon live chat and they've just given me a refund of £30. :)

Pre ordering my Titanfall bundle tomorrow!

Going with Game as they have an offer where by if you trade in a 360 slim 250GB with 5 games you get the bundle for £279.99. Add on my £150 store credit and a few more games to trade in, and I could be looking at £100 on the day for the console and TitanFall.

Consider me excitable

Pre ordering my Titanfall bundle tomorrow!

Going with Game as they have an offer where by if you trade in a 360 slim 250GB with 5 games you get the bundle for £279.99. Add on my £150 store credit and a few more games to trade in, and I could be looking at £100 on the day for the console and TitanFall.

Consider me excitable

Yes nice one!!!!! You will have to join me and @Nintenchris for some Titanfall fun!

The Xbox One March update is now live with a 450mb update when you turn on your console if you don't have the quick start option enabled.

I've found even with quick start you still get a long boot when it's updated. Been a bit of nightmare being part of the beta program has meant updates everyday.